MTA:DM on Gentoo (libcurl not found / outdated glibc)

Hi,

Im trying to run a MTA:DM on my Gentoo Linux 2007.0!

When i start the server(./mta_server) it shows me this:

libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: Loading network library (net.so) failed!
Press Q to shut down the server!

I guess i need to make a bash script with a simple export command, but i can't seem to find this file either :/

And how can i ban a player? :D

libcurl.so.4 is the CURL library dependency, which means you need the latest CURL library installed on your system.

If you're the administrator (root) of your server, it's as "simple" as running an emerge sync (emerge --sync) and emerging the latest curl 7 (emerge curl), probably making sure any dependencies are updated as well (e.g. revdep-rebuild).

If you're not the administrator or if you don't feel like doing the above, you should install the Generic Linux build (which uses an older dependency, namely libcurl.so.3).

Ok, atleast that error is no more.

Now i have this:

/var/mtaserver/mods/deathmatch/deathmatch.so: undefined symbol: _ZSt16__ostream_ 
insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i 

ERROR: Loading mod (/var/mtaserver/mods/deathmatch/deathmatch.so) failed! 
Press Q to shut down the server! 

This means your glibc version is probably outdated. Again, you could try one of the builds that were built with an older version glibc, but for the sake of support, try to run the following command on your server:

$ ls -al /lib/libc* 

Which should give you a list of versions for your installed libraries, e.g.:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1253660 Dec 31 16:06 /lib/libc-2.7.so 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      11 Dec 31 16:06 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.7.so 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      11 Dec 31 16:06 /lib/libcap.so -> libcap.so.1 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      14 Dec 31 16:06 /lib/libcap.so.1 -> libcap.so.1.10 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   13664 Dec 31 16:06 /lib/libcap.so.1.10 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  181648 Dec 31 16:06 /lib/libcidn-2.7.so 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      14 Dec 31 16:06 /lib/libcidn.so.1 -> libcidn-2.7.so 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      15 Dec 31 16:06 /lib/libcom_err.so -> libcom_err.so.2 

Search for anything that begins with libc, and paste it in here. That should give us the version of your installed glibc version.

If you are trying the Gentoo build, but you're not running glibc 2.7 (libc-2.7.so like above), you will have to upgrade your glibc version or pick another build from the list (glibc versions are specified with each download, pick one that is lower than your current version).

Upgrading glibc on Gentoo may be a pretty fundamental change, as a lot of your compiled applications rely on it. It may be better to upgrade for your system performance/stability, but it is certainly not necessary or recommended (unless you're a linux expert), and entirely at your own risk. You will probably have to recompile all applications on your server in order to do so. If you still want this, you may want to check out the following URL: http://www.valleytechnologiesllc.com/industry-technology/gentoo-linux-gcc-glibc-updates.html.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1245984 Apr 20  2007 /lib/libc-2.5.so 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      11 Jul 19 22:08 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.5.so 

Lol, tried one of them - said that needs libcurl3, but now i have 4 :D

Others need glibc 2.7 :/

This sucks!

Will ask somebody for help, think i will update my glibc!

Thanks anyway!

If you were talking about the Generic build, try making a symbolic link from libcurl.so.4 to libcurl.so.3, not really ideal but may just do the job for you.

As root, try the following:

$ ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3 

If it doesn't work (and gives some different error), be sure to remove the symbolic link again, just to be sure:

$ rm /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3