couldn't connect to serverlist

hello

I installed mta:sa:deathmatch and when i try to browse servers it comes up with a list of "unscanned" servers, all with different pings, but they never change from "unscanned" to their actual names.

if I try to connect to one of these unscanned servers then it times out

and if I press "refresh" it tells me "couldn't connect to serverlist"

I'm running Windows XP, and the NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager.........

:D

If the "Could not connect to server list" is comming up instantly as u press the refresh button its because its still trying to refresh, if you just wait for about 1 min and try again it should be okay.

Im quite sure that the forceware manager has a firewall on it (or thats what it is, i cant quite remember)

Have you tried to disable the firewall?

*edit*

I know that the all seeing eye has been struggling on scanner servers recently, you will be lucky to have 2 scanner servers up at the same time, i guess that its just getting over crowded...

yeah, the forceware manager has a firewall..

disabling the manager has no effect :(

also, leaving it to scan seems not to do very much, 5 min on and they are all still unscanned, refresh doesn't give me "couldn't connect to serverlist" after that

but i still can't connect to any of the servers, with them giving me a connection timed out......

is there a port that must be forwarded or something ? .....

thnx

No there isnt.

Im assuming you have tried alot of servers, ones with no players in, ones with players in, ones that are close to you (All the [OFFICIAL] servers are hosted in the UK)

Do you have a fast DSL connection, if so try switching between the MTU Sizes which is these commands in console:

connectiontype dialup

connectiontype dsl

connectiontype lan

(i think their right, if memory serves me right)

Try a few servers, try setting DMZ from your router to your PC's IP address (do not leave this on tho, if it does not work switch it off!!)

the thing is though, with race it would look like that for about a minute, and then the servers names would appear and how many players are in there

with deathmatch, it just stays as unscanned, and doesn't give me a name or how many players are in that server, or anything....

I have the same problem, tried clicking on the servers on mtabeta.com, the game loads, syas it's connecting then times out after about 3 seconds.

Seriously, I would like to play this game.

Right, managed to connect to one of the servers on mtasa.com. The game loads, it connects, but I just have a black screen with 'Connected to..' in the top left.

Does this game really work?

Does this game really work?

I haven't tried again yet (will later this evening) so I'm not sure if it's working for me yet or not

but I get the feeling those kind of comments are the ones they wanted to avoid when they were not releasing this stuff to us.

they deserve better than that.....

same to the person above you, patience, they are making a mod for a game they don't have the source code to.

don't be so rude when the inevitable problems show up...

:D

Yeah, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to hurt the developers feelings (I've heard they're a touchy bunch)

I must admit, I haven't been waiting around for months for this game to be released, but looking at videos of the game I can understand the excitement.

I just wish I could bloody play it. I can't get around these 'Unscanned' server problems, I have managed to connect externally on the mtasabeta.com site, but the one I connected to had nobody playing it.

Please Lord let me play the game!

And quick!

Yeah, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to hurt the developers feelings (I've heard they're a touchy bunch)

I must admit, I haven't been waiting around for months for this game to be released, but looking at videos of the game I can understand the excitement.

I just wish I could bloody play it. I can't get around these 'Unscanned' server problems, I have managed to connect externally on the mtasabeta.com site, but the one I connected to had nobody playing it.

Please Lord let me play the game!

And quick!

yay you have the problem too! :D