Downloading resources from Server. Need Info.

Matubo

Q1: What can prevent downloading files from built-in server? Server port is equal to gameserver port, it is open frough firewalls etc. (it was open for MTASA RALLY 1.1.1 earlier), as written in wiki, but still this causes: Download error 9: Error downloading requested files.

Q2: Ok, I dont use built-in webserver, set its tag to 0, I configured my Apache to maintain download folder. What files from resources folder should be copied in that new folder? I dont understand the meaning of these files yet, but find some of them being system-like, like webadmin.zip, webmap.zip, webstats.zip etc.

Q3: Continuing from Q2. It is written in WIKI, that I should unzip all files from ZIPs in resources folder to the new web folder. But every resource ZIP has equally named files like "meta.xml" and some more alike. They will overwrite each other, that will lead to unpredicted results, if I follow that advise on WIKI. What did you mean exactly when wrote this advise?

Q4: Continuing from Q3. Ok, I tried the new web folder, placed all ZIPs from resources folder of the server. Downloading works, but not fully. It can download several files then stop. And then nothing happens. What should I see or hear, or do when th Client is completely done everything with server and ready to play? The only thing I still acieved is a black screen with working console, but keeping in mind the RACE behaviour lately, this situation seems wrong to me.

not 100% sure what you are asking, are you trying to stop the inbuilt http server working? then are you trying to make it work with downloads from a different site for the client? once these questions are answered i may be able to help

I'm not trying, I stopped that server, by setting its tag to 0 (as you write in WIKI) :)

I figured out some answers by myself:

Q3: unzipping every file to its own subdir in web folder do the job, all works fine

Q4: when unzipped to subdirs, all files are downloaded as necessary.

You, guys done a great work, but you should do the same work with your public How-Tos and other documentation. :)

I figured out that before starting any "themed" maps for stealth, assault, Capture the Vehicle etc., I must change the gamemode for this "theme". But I didnt read this anywhere.

And With that issue I have a question: how can I start a server with a "themed" map? What should I load in resource block of server config?

For Example: I want to the map "sth-carrier" to load on srvser startup as default?

The simple

makes only the black screen. After that I should login as Admin, change mode to "stealth" manually, then manually load that map with changemap.

behave even more strangely, it shows the beginning of a map, where carrier is docked and thats all, none of the scripts are working.

You, guys done a great work, but you should do the same work with your public How-Tos and other documentation. :)

I figured out that before starting any "themed" maps for stealth, assault, Capture the Vehicle etc., I must change the gamemode for this "theme". But I didnt read this anywhere.

That information can be obtained from the wiki through 3 clicks:

http://development.mtasa.com/index.php?title=Deathmatch_Server_Manual#Starting_a_map.2Fgamemode

This information is not complete. There are only basic infos of starting server, but not the use and maintenance by Admin.

As concerns gamemodes, there are only some lists of commands, but not their usage. So to say: "read it and know it". But how server admin should use them? Its completely on his own to find out. But this IS the matter of how-tos, when devs share their knowlege with end users about their projects behaviour. This is what I meant, when wrote about working with documentation. More specific infos about usage wpould be great help for newbie users.