Why net neutrality is so important.

PhilRules

I found this on a website and I didn't realize this could become reality so easily...

In the future, this could could be all your Internet Service Provider offers.

The internet could be controlled by rich corporate tycoons. And they would control information, gaming, shopping and more.

Another thought came to mind...

What would happen to internet gaming and 3rd party multi player modifications like MTA and SA-MP?

5z6vt4n.jpg

Please comment.

It does say "Full Internet Access available on request" but that's still a scary thought. And those prices look quite jacked up, what ISP is that? I hope it never become that way for everyone who wants to access the internet :shock:

Yeah, I don't get why its so damn hard for politicians to pass laws to prevent this, but, its most likely that they don't know what the internet is all about anyways, just listen to Senator Ted Stevens.

lmao guys this will never come tru websites are created at a rate of thouthands per day and virtually the same number is taken down evry day... come on use some common sence acting like you are children or something lol :roll:

First, check your spelling.

Is Google taken down everyday? How about MSN? Is Wikipedia? Use some common sense and realize that some sites are here to stay, and that even if their URL changed, the site's name and concept will remain the same. When ISPs allow you to only veiw certain cites, they don't do it based on their current URL, they do it based on their SERVICEs that the site provides. So if a site changes its URL, the ISP will follow the new URL, which will bring you back to the same services you were paying for in the first place. Grow a fucking brain dumbass.

ok, you are in no position to argue with me since you are a little insignificant child who hasnt even finished school yet, where as I am studying this in university and i think I would know better than you, so the next time you think of saying something like dumbass or asshole or etc, stop and try to use that thing inside that chicken head of yours. if you have no idea what this mystery item i am talking about it's called ...... a brain, use it more often, helps a lot in life ;) and erm...

that picture is from a funny pictures website..... as in NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY type of stuff lmao really...

ok, you are in no position to argue with me since you are a little insignificant child who hasnt even finished school yet, where as I am studying this in university and i think I would know better than you, so the next time you think of saying something like dumbass or asshole or etc, stop and try to use that thing inside that chicken head of yours. if you have no idea what this mystery item i am talking about it's called ...... a brain, use it more often, helps a lot in life ;) and erm...

that picture is from a funny pictures website..... as in NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY type of stuff lmao really...

:big5: hahaha, ok noob, whatever university you're studying at I would ask for my tuition money back because their doing a piss-poor job teaching you anything (especially in the English department, and maybe in the Special Ed department too?)

Anyways, it seems that you missed the fact that the first picture Phillip was presenting was only a prediction of what could happen if laws aren't passed to ensure freedom of information for everyone on the internet. Since you thought it was just some kindof joke poster that someone posted on 4chan or something, I can see why you are confused about this whole thread in general.

The first picture I posted I wanted to focus on, the second picture in the post is a joke.

I don't know if you're helmet special or something... don't flip out if your ISP starts doing something similar to the picture above, you think its a joke now but you'll see and you'll be kicking yourself in the ass since you didn't do anything about it... you narrow minded 9 year old.

And BTW Ivan, your typing is terrible for an englishman.

oo smart guys "englishman" does the name Ivan look anything like an english name i might be in the uk but because somebody is so "broad-minded" they assumed that i was english. so..... erm as for the narrow minded bit, i'll have to say, look closer to home my man

as for the uni, i wouldn't be so coky, the uni is one of the most respected in the country after oxford and cambridge. also the only thing you can do is look at me and be jelous, because the closest u will ever come to a uni is possibly a janitor or maybe a gardner i dont know but the fact is is that you know that what you are talking about here is silly and you are too gutless to admit it.

perhaps we should start a new topic i'll post some nice colouring in pictures for you to try out and you could teach me some english since you are so intelligent? who knows you could even show me how to have epilepsy like 1st hand experience in your case? hehe kids....

as for the uni,

A dumpster is not a university. I think you got the two terms mixed up. You see, a university is an establishment that teaches its students about things. A dumpster on the other hand, is a container in which garbage is placed. That does make a lot of sense, you being garbage an' all. However, this doesn't permit you to call it a university. Please use a dictionary. They're easily available in this day and age, why, you can even find them online!

(By the way, if you were proud of the university you were attending, you would have at least mentioned its name. That's right, dumpsters don't have special names, they're just called dumpsters. Nevermind.)

What would happen to internet gaming and 3rd party multi player modifications like MTA and SA-MP?

If online gaming disappeared, gamers worldwide would break out into a blind rage and riot like there's no tomorrow. In the end, we'd be back in the stone age.

Here's a visual aid for those that have difficulty understanding the English language.

:leftfighter1::leftfighter2::leftfighter5::rightfighter2::rightfighter7:

:leftfighter6::leftfighter3::leftfighter4::rightfighter5::rightfighter6::rightfighter1:

If online gaming disappeared, gamers worldwide would break out into a blind rage and riot like there's no tomorrow. In the end, we'd be back in the stone age.

Here's a visual aid for those that have difficulty understanding the English language.

:leftfighter1::leftfighter2::leftfighter5::rightfighter2::rightfighter7:

:leftfighter6::leftfighter3::leftfighter4::rightfighter5::rightfighter6::rightfighter1:

That's right! I completely forgot that there are a lot more people against that than for that.