MTA DM Question.

I have been told that a LOT of things are able to be done in DM with Scripting.

What im wanting to check is 2 things.

1. Will it be possable to Script so Whenever an admin Gets into the Drivers seat of a car, the car Automatically Switches to any car of Preset Admin choice.

So say if i got into an Infernus, but my set car was a Sultan. the Infernus would change to an Sultan as i get in.

(also with set bodykits, like this....)

real1-800.jpg

2. Will it be possable to Script in another Radio Station that connects to a set Shoutcast channel? (so like the Pothole Studios MTA DM server could have an extra radio station known as "Pothole Radio" which is Shoutcast)

a question of another nature (guez too lazy to make another topic and it seems rather useless anyway). Must we all have quad 2 cores pc's to run mta? Or are there people on QA with low system specs running it as well? I ask this, because with all these cool features I get this 'kind of vista feeling' if you know what I mean.

a question of another nature (guez too lazy to make another topic and it seems rather useless anyway). Must we all have quad 2 cores pc's to run mta? Or are there people on QA with low system specs running it as well? I ask this, because with all these cool features I get this 'kind of vista feeling' if you know what I mean.

The GTA:San Andreas system requirements is pretty much what you need to run MTA, since it's the same game engine.

oo, i have another question.

MTA race has the frame limiter on. and it is not possable to disable it.

Will DM be the same, or will i be able to turn the pesky frame limiter off?

------------------------------

also, we could just Advertise shoutcast the same was as my race server advertise's its Teamspeak and IRC.

in the form of Timed random Messages.

6=Yes! We have Teamspeak! Server Address: 195.22.100.232:8026

7=Yes! We have IRC! #PotholeStudios on Rizon.

Of course you can't turn it off..mta won't mess with singleplayer settings

Thats not what i asked.

i asked

Will MTA DM allow the ability to turn the frame limiter off.

as i allready know its locked on in MTA race.

that's not what I answered. I said Of cource you can't turn if off. Is it just me or does that answer to your question: Will MTA DM allow the ability to turn the frame limiter off? They won't let you turn it off

also they're afraid of lag which is logical. Someone playing@150fps vs someone with 40fps could possibly cause lag

Ever played Halo 2 on a Pal60 TV (30FPS)

then switched back to a Pal50 tv (25FPS)

You can see every single frame and its so disorientating to play ANY shooting game at less that 60 FPS.

A high framerate in GTA does not make the game run Super Fast. the game still runs at the same speed, it just looks smoother because it is drawing more frames per second.

and since when is a High framerate unrealistic? Real life dosent even have a frame rate.

all a high framerate gives you is Smooth visual.... much like real life.... real life is only jerky when you have epilepsy mate.

unfortunately, i believe the problem is exactly that. the fps does affect the speed of the game, play mta race and play on a server with lots of players, at the start of a map, watch how fast everyone starts moving, some are really slow, some a pretty fast. anyone who isnt the fast ones cant actually reach the 25 fps limit imposed. if so many are already unable to reach the limit, it would be unfair to increase it, as it would give those who can even more of a head start. if gta was designed with multiplayer in mind, it wouldnt work like this, but it does, and the mta team arnt going to rewrite the game engine now.

I'd prefer locking the frame limiter option for MTA SA: DM... Mainly because it can cause bugs and some desync if i'm right.

Other than that, who likes to play a game with more than 50FPS? It is very unrealistic and too fast

FPS= FRAMES PER SECOND. that means its just smoother with higher number fps.. gamespeed usually isn't affected by this but reaction to commands might.. (for example u can't make some jumps under 120 fps in call of duty)

I must say, Some gamespeed IN GTA SA is affected by Framerate, but the same affect happens More often with the frame limiter ON.

The frame limiter uses more recources to keep on, and also, because of the way SA is built, if it drops Below 25FPS, the game itself slows down because it Does not drop frames, But when the frame limiter is Off, it is able to drop frames, and keep a more stable speed.

My conclusion.

Frame limiter On = More slowdown on older PC's and its worse for your eyes.

Frame Limiter Off = More chance that Slower PC's can keep up.

Hell i decided to give SAMP a go, and i must say, With frame limiter off, i was able to keep a stable 120FPS+ on full graphics settings.

But in MTA, it struggles to keep the 25FPS limit.