Races

Check

Hello,

I was wondering if you could make races in GTA:SA - MTA:DM, like in MTA:RACE. And... can you use teleports in DM? I know the functions aren't released yet, but maybe someone knows.

Also it would be great when there's not a map system, you know, voting for a map. Just the whole GTA:SA environment like in SA-MP...

I hope someone can answer my questions.

Thanks in advance,

Check

Our scripting system allows pretty much, as you could see in the very first tutorial teleports are possible, and about race - yes mta:dm allows you scripting your gamemodes, you can rebuild mta:race exactly how it is right now and even better

Ok, thanks. Does this mean there will be a race editor?

you can rebuild mta:race exactly how it is right now and even better

Do we have to rebuild this ourselfs or will there be a racemod provided together with the dm mod? I ask this cuz we host a fairly popular race server atm and we would like to continue this with the improved sync and added features.

Regardless of this, is it possible to import or convert the old racemaps to dm?

Also it would be great when there's not a map system, you know, voting for a map. Just the whole GTA:SA environment like in SA-MP...

please... DON'T DO WHAT HE SAID!

i hope mta dm has the samee idea of MP gaming as race with not only one mode per server. actually the only thing i hate on samp is that you have to switch the servers if you want to play anything else

i really hope theres also the max duration on default

please... DON'T DO WHAT HE SAID!

i hope mta dm has the samee idea of MP gaming as race with not only one mode per server. actually the only thing i hate on samp is that you have to switch the servers if you want to play anything else

i really hope theres also the max duration on default

I don't even say they have to, the only thing I said that it would be great, but everyone has his own opinion. I don't like the map system, than you have to vote before you can play another map or location in SA. Like in SA-MP, you can just use a command to teleport to it. To play a good deathmatch, it has to be without map voting etc.

Just all races / objects / etc. in 1 whole gamemode, whole SA, not 1000 maps. Also, when there's no map system, everyone can do what they want to do! And that makes the game so funny, do what you want, doesn't matter what. Don't want to vote for maps, no max duration, people can define that if they want to do in LUA script. This is my opinion.

Back to the topic.

You will be able to use your current race maps without any problem, and we'll do our best to include race in the release resource pack

Objects too? So that means you can just switch and you don't have to "recompile" or whatever is needed to convert?

I don't even say they have to, the only thing I said that it would be great, but everyone has his own opinion. I don't like the map system, than you have to vote before you can play another map or location in SA. Like in SA-MP, you can just use a command to teleport to it. To play a good deathmatch, it has to be without map voting etc.

Just all races / objects / etc. in 1 whole gamemode, whole SA, not 1000 maps. Also, when there's no map system, everyone can do what they want to do! And that makes the game so funny, do what you want, doesn't matter what. Don't want to vote for maps, no max duration, people can define that if they want to do in LUA script. This is my opinion.

and this is why samp sucks, you may have 100 (or more) players which are all around the whole SA, the stupid teleport command which everyone uses if he's in trouble and what ever, many things which just make the game to a bad joke a real samp map ans server must look like that: you may have a different number of gamemods. i think at least 10 should be in there. the gamemodes dont look like: do whatever you want, make money and fuck of some people with all our 1003741 teleport commands. thes look like: steal the van of the enemy team and bring it to your spawn location, you may buy some new weapons if you reach the ammunation. or: try to survive as long as you can, there are not many hiding points at this SMALL AREA but there are some health pickups out there! and the server would work like that: startmap, max time: 15 minutes, startvote after 10 minutes, restart map if everyone died (in the first example you have respawn of course), if players vote for map x has 75% yes, instant change map to map x

"Like in SA-MP, you can just use a command to teleport to it. To play a good deathmatch, it has to be without map voting etc." is just not true. a deathmatcvh without any limit just doesnt work, how it should be. SA is to big for a deathmatch how you want. if you like that system that everyone just types /airport to survive, and you always have to drive miles to find someone to kill. someone who just wants to tune his car... what a useless function in a DM. not because of the tuning but if you play a real deathmatch teamdeathmatch capture the flag or whatever YOU SHOULD PREPARE TO FIGHT and theres nothing more frustrating than someone you says "admin admin, he wants to kill me, ban him" just because he wants to do a race with a car he stole from you. he does a race while others kill each other? brilliant thing. so if this system is what you want, why waiting for MTA and not playing samp?!

you said your opinio is that you want it like that. my opinion is go to samp, and let the map system exist. its much more fun not to do always the same things. and at least this would take mappers jobs, because if i'd have an idea for a small, short map which is FUN, i'd have to search a new server for it... great.

well, in the videos it looks like the team has the same idea of fun in MTA, like i do, so i realy dont know why im complaining here. and maybe this is why mta rules

The MTA Team has given video's of various gamemodes, not the whole mod. It are just things you can do in MTA, and all her new features. This has nothing to do with maps or max. duration. You can script this if you want, I'm sure the team wants MTA to be played by many people, not only "map-lovers".

Also, they said you can create your own gamemodes, and script what you want, this doesn't mean there is a max. duration or whatever, but they can include it in the MTA:DM release for the people who want that. For the other people (like me), who prefer not want that kind of map system, can just script their own ideas into the game.

Your idea is that it will be like MTA:RACE, but that's not the truth. Everyone see's it's a lot different, otherwise they don't spend 1 year+ on it. Let's stay at the topic now please, everybody has his own ideas and opinions, accept them and don't act like a child, first look at the facts.

Also, they said you can create your own gamemodes, and script what you want, this doesn't mean there is a max. duration or whatever, but they can include it in the MTA:DM release for the people who want that. For the other people (like me), who prefer not want that kind of map system, can just script their own ideas into the game.

that's true, on your own server you're the boss :P

Your idea is that it will be like MTA:RACE, but that's not the truth.

ah, but blame me not to accept opinions, so you've already played dm?

gtawi2007111820355039ys1.th.png

for instance this looks more like a "many small gamemodes" than a "the whole SA" way.

another example is the area 51 defending map on the last video, guess there are some who want to defend while others gamble in LV? dont realy think so...

that you are the boss on your server may be true, but the question is how mighty a "map/mode/whatever" is. i guess that things like mapvoting will be included by default, not by the mapper who wants to make it possible to vote

also the mta dm map thread in the showroom section seems to me like the old map system is kept. you may be the boss on your server but for example in samp (as far as i know) you'd have to put mapvotes in each script of your server, if you want the possibility to vote. so youll be forced to make your server like samp wants

EDIT:

You can script this if you want, I'm sure the team wants MTA to be played by many people, not only "map-lovers".

Thats a bad joke, isnt it?! map lovers?! why do you think mta won versus gta rumble (hope you know what it is o0)? ok gta ruble was a bit crappy but you had many things that were similar to samp. mta won because of the custom maps, and a more clear way of playing. map starts, you play it, next map - in gta rublme you just had to kill others... like in samp most time without any reason or any special location or objectiv.

i guess the only means that you think there are more people who want to cruise areount without any mission or task. im not saying that there are more *uhm* ""map-lovers"" but thats another thing you may admite if you think about your "you don't accept other opinions". thats like: i accept you, but you suck and we are dominating you

and then the word "map-lover"... someone who wants to be on a map, not only falling from the sky into the water?!? rockstargames must have many "map-lovers" then.

makeing new maps is like a big good game mode

many people like it and if there is only 1 map on each server evrybody need to make a own server

i guess evrybody want to make a map and play it on a server its just fun

evrybody make a server with his own map so on evry server is 1 player?^^

Where are we talking about? I have my opinion, you have yours. And I just give arguments for mine, and you just blame me, little child!

With the word "map-lovers" I meant people who only exspect your map ideas in MTA:DM. What I understand under "maps" is that you can make objects, races & pick-ups for the server (you own).

So you can choose what you want, or classic mapsystem, or just 1 big map with objects. Maybe the MTA Team made it in another way: that you choose the maps (with objects etc.) you want in the game and the server will display them in 1 San Andreas, not 1000 splitted up maps where you have to vote for.

Most people agree: on your server you are the boss, you make it how you want that. The MTA Team wants MTA to be played by as many different people as possible, as I said earlier. So in the future, we will see you with a max. duration, map system server. That's how you want that, I choose for another way, more like SA-MP, but MTA's features. I know that is possible, you don't have to play MTA:DM before you can say that. Everyone see's the screenshots & video's show us that you can script your server how you want that, you have a lot more freedom, I wonder why you didn't notice that, but that's your problem.

I can't say I've read all the posts here in depth, but:

MTA allows you to really do what you want with your server. You can run one gamemode endlessly if you want. By default, we're going to release with a set of gamemodes and various resources for managing them. This will probably result in a similar system for servers as most other games - gamemodes cycling over time and/or being voted on by players. The admin genuinely has the flexibility to do what they want in this respect. Equally, scripters could design a mode that scrapped our manager resources and just had a single mode. This might be applicable for an RPG mode that wants to run 24/7 for example. We may find after release that this is a popular route to go down, we'll just have to see.

I can't say I've read all the posts here in depth, but:

MTA allows you to really do what you want with your server. You can run one gamemode endlessly if you want. By default, we're going to release with a set of gamemodes and various resources for managing them. This will probably result in a similar system for servers as most other games - gamemodes cycling over time and/or being voted on by players. The admin genuinely has the flexibility to do what they want in this respect. Equally, scripters could design a mode that scrapped our manager resources and just had a single mode. This might be applicable for an RPG mode that wants to run 24/7 for example. We may find after release that this is a popular route to go down, we'll just have to see.

thanks to that clear answer (this is exactly what i meant with the default possiblity to vote(which is a main feature)) and thanks to that guy who trys to be cool and insults me.

i think this guy should try to read posts more carefully, understand them and should not always use the same arguments.

in fact i guess you didn't understand anything what i've said, you should also think about if its you or me who is untolerant.

i will not repeat everything but for instance you didn't answer to that teleport "feature".

its not off topic.

you are insulting me because you think im not tolerant, which is just not true. so just stop saying things like "you little child" or whatever and everythings fine!

amen to that

and a last time: you may be the boss, but you can be forced to do somthing in a way you perhaps don't want to, that was what i mean, because before the post of eai we knewer got told about how it actually works. but now eai told us that you CAN vote by deafault but you needn't to, so youre correct with "we both won".