Map Overuse Script

DazzaJay

Basically, what im looking at is a script far too complex for my nooby ass to make, so if somone could knock this script up for me, that would be brilliant thanks:

Basically, what im looking at is a way to make it so a Map gets disabled if used more than 3 times in 30 minutes, (then gets restored 30 minutes later)

So basically..... here is an idea of what im looking for:

Race: Joes Hairy Nuts Started.

DemonSeed: !Redo

Error: This map is Disabled for 30 Minutes: Too Many Plays.

Starting a Random Map.

But i want it to work not on !redo only, but also with the Map Vote, so if the same map is played 3 times in 30 mins, it will disable it.

and ofcourse reenable it after 30 mins is up.

in fact that would be crap for some cool, short DD maps, i want to play them more than just 3 times per 30 mins.

but i also see the problem, you could solve it by finding another good server or tell the server owner, what this idiot is doing all the time.

First of all, i AM the server owner.

That chatlog was written by me as an example of what i would like it to do, it dosent reflect what is auctually happening in the server.

Most of our Race maps go for over 5 minutes.

Map Voting is disabled.

Vote 9 is also disabled.

the reason why we want a script like this is mainly to stop dicks voting for the crappier maps over and over. and also to give other people a reason to play some of our other 450+ maps.

Ever played games like Unreal Tournament? notice how most servers Disable maps after they are played?

We want that feature for our game server. Not your oppinion.

the reason why we want it to only disable the map after 3 plays is so we can have a few !redos at the start of our championship maps, for restarting after somone has a spawn glitch.

that is all.

im sure it would be possible to block a map with a script but i still think it would be enough to have an an admin who changes a map if its played too often. it could happen that you just want to test one oft your new maps but now you see a bug that must be fixed so you fix it and reaupload it. the bug was at the beginning of your map so nooone saw more than the start. now you want to show them the version without the bug and the script autochanges it. in fact im not good in scripting server scripts so i cannot help u in this case. if id have the problem i would solve it by changing the maps if they are played to often.

I think this is a great idea. Having this would get people to play some new stuff once in awhile, instead of the same old thing. Keeps it fresh, and keeps the "skillz" sharp since playing the same map over and over doesn't increase any thing except the skills needed to play that particular map, rather than MTA:SA online in general. Also, I think that every map should have its own " times_played_limit " so the shorter maps can be played more before each scheduled reset and the longer maps be played less before each scheduled reset (in this case the sheduled reset was every 30 min).

for example:

Falling Down times_played_limit 3

Break times_played_limit 8

Steal OJ's Weed times_played_limit 2

Can you make it? times_played_limit 1

Edited by Guest
I think this is a great idea. Of course you can increase the map limit to whatever you want, say 10 times, but either way having this would get people to play some new stuff once in awhile, instead of the same old thing. Keeps it fresh, and keeps the "skillz" sharp since playing the same map over and over doesn't increase any thing except the skills needed to play that particular map, rather than MTA:SA online in general. Also, I think that every map should have its own " times_played_limit " so the shorter maps can be played more before each scheduled reset and the longer maps be played less before each scheduled reset (in this case the sheduled reset was every 30 min).

What he said also.

the main reason why we want it is because of one stubborn ass admin who dosent get the hint.

all he does it keeps redoing the map over and over aand over till he breaks the record, and its vurtually impossible to break his records unless you do the same thing.

But yeah, for our server, im just looking for a 3 plays max per 30 mins script.

Dang you reply quick, I edited my earlier post, but not fast enough it seems! Check out the new post and reply again. Sorry for the inconvenience. The new post just shows an example of how each map has its own limit, and I wounder what ya think of it.

I think this is a great idea. Having this would get people to play some new stuff once in awhile, instead of the same old thing. Keeps it fresh, and keeps the "skillz" sharp since playing the same map over and over doesn't increase any thing except the skills needed to play that particular map, rather than MTA:SA online in general. Also, I think that every map should have its own " times_played_limit " so the shorter maps can be played more before each scheduled reset and the longer maps be played less before each scheduled reset (in this case the sheduled reset was every 30 min).

for example:

Falling Down times_played_limit 3

Break times_played_limit 8

Steal OJ's Weed times_played_limit 2

Can you make it? times_played_limit 1

Thunderbird checks for new email once a minute, and makes a lot of noise when there is one.

Thats a cool idea, but i belive that it needs a Default of 3 (cos setting limits for 450+ maps one at a time would suck ass)

but also keep a command to make the limit for said map changeable.

Thunderbird checks for new email once a minute, and makes a lot of noise when there is one.

Thats a cool idea, but i belive that it needs a Default of 3 (cos setting limits for 450+ maps one at a time would suck ass)

but also keep a command to make the limit for said map changeable.

Great Idea 8)

My scripting experience:

All i know how to do is get MTA to say things when ceartian commands are thped...

like....

!rofl

Dan Rolls on the floor laughing.

And most of that is guess work, i just copy and paste lines from PRS and change the text.

So i cant make a script that complex.

try this dazza its untested so any bugs report here, other computer broke.

!limit for level 4 and above :P

on *:SIGNAL:mta.connect { 
 !.timerremini 0 1800 !remini -n slrtemp.ini played  
 !.timertext 0 1800 mta.text $1 Disabled Maps Have Been Re-enabled! 
} 
on *:SIGNAL:mta.command { 
  var %a = $iif(($4 == $null),$2,$iif(($mta.getid($1,$4) == $null),$2,$v1)) 
  var %b = $replace($mta.race($1),$chr(32),%) 
  if ($3 == !limit) { 
  if ($mta.level($1,$2) < 4) mta.pm $1 $2 Error: Incorrect Level  
    else { 
      if ($mta.level($1,$2) >= 4) && ($slr.limit($1) == $null) { 
        !writeini -n slrlimit.ini Maplimit %b $4  
        mta.text $1 $mta.nick($1,$2) Set $mta.race($1) $+ s Played Limit: $4    
      }        
      else { 
        if ($mta.level($1,$2) >= 4) && ($slr.limit($1) != $null) { 
          !writeini -n slrlimit.ini Maplimit %b $4  
          mta.text $1 $mta.nick($1,$2) Changed $mta.race($1) $+ s Limit From: $slr.limit($1) - To: $4  
        } 
      } 
    } 
  } 
} 
on *:SIGNAL:mta.startrace: { 
  if ($slr.temp($1) < $slr.limit($1)) { 
    !writeini -n slrtemp.ini played $replace($mta.race($1),$chr(32),%) $calc($slrtemp($1) + 1) 
  } 
  if ($slr.temp($1) == $slr.limit($1)) { 
    mta.startrace $1 $rand(0,$mta.races($1)) 
    mta.text $1 Starting Random Map $rand(0,$mta.races($1)) - Reason: Map Limit Breached, Disabled For 30 mins. 
  } 
} 
alias slr.limit !return $iff($readini(slrlimit.ini,Maplimit,$replace($mta.race($1),$chr(32),%)) == $null,3,$v1) 
alias slr.temp !return $iff($readini($slrtemp.ini,played,$replace($mta.race($1),$chr(32),%)) == $null,0,$v1) 

Same thing....

[08:56] [PHS]Dan[AU] has joined the game (IP = '***.***.***.***')

[08:56] Race 'MSD Hard circuit' started

[08:56]

[08:56] <1st: [PHS]DemonSeed: 5:22.471>

[08:56] <2nd: eastsideniga: 5:29.791>

[08:56] <3rd: [PHS]Dan[AU]: 5:30.442>

[08:56] Race 'SF Battle of Merit' started

[08:56] <1st: [PHS]DemonSeed: 2:54.008>

[08:56] <2nd: N8er: 2:54.579>

[08:56] <3rd: [PHS]Dan[AU]: 2:56.641>

[08:56] Race 'MSD90' started

[08:56] <1st: [PHS]DemonSeed: 2:23.283>

[08:56] <2nd: mr_self_destruct: 2:40.478>

[08:56] <3rd: [PHS]Dan[AU]: 2:45.335>

[08:56] Race 'Rocket Gunner' started

[08:56] Admin to [PHS]Dan[AU]: Type !commands For Script Commands.

[08:56] <1st: mr_self_destruct: 2:01.382>

[08:56] <2nd: [PHS]Ben: 2:18.497>

[08:56] <3rd: [PHS]Dan[AU]: 2:25.817>

[08:56] <1st: [PHS]DemonSeed: 2:12.378>

[08:56] <2nd: [PHS]Grim_Reeper: 2:13.379>

[08:56] <3rd: [PHS]Dan[AU]: 2:13.990>

[08:56] <1st: [PHS]DemonSeed: 2:42.802>

[08:56] <2nd: MB|Danboi: 2:44.804>

[08:56] <3rd: [PHS]Dan[AU]: 2:55.119>

[08:56] Race 'Carbon' started

[08:56] <1st: [PHS]Dan[AU]: 4:23.506>

[08:56] <2nd: [PHS]DemonSeed: 4:25.879>

[08:56] <3rd: GroveStreet[OG]: 4:28.373>

[08:56] [PHS]Dan[AU] has left the game

The script only removes the played maps ini every 30 mins as a whole,

it would be better if it removed them individually after 30 mins, then all maps have to wait the 30 mins.

i dont browse down the forum that often, if u had asked me, or asked in the prs topic (where i get an email when people post),

i would have made it for u.

but yeah, seeing as how your around at the moment.. any idea on whats not right in Racer's script?

well at a quick galance, the last 2 aliases, the single liners, have $iff instead of $iif so the script wont work:P

also, i see tons of junk that can be removed from it, apart from that it should work if u alter those 2 mistakes.