MTA Race Mod Compatibility Questions...

Guest elegos

Hello there!

It is a lot of time since I last visited this forum! Nice to see you again ^^

I've got a really dumby problem: I can't start MTA SA from my computer in ANY way.

My computer: dual boot Ubuntu 7.10 / Windows Vista

Ok I know Windows Vista is NOT compatible and that you will NOT develope a new dll, BUT let me ask/say you some things:

1. I can't install Windows XP not because I don't have a licence (I have it!), but just because I'm on a laptop, and you know what does this means for drivers - I don't want a dumbed PC, or a Windows XP installation just for one game :S !

2. Why don't you just debug the dll and edit those 2-3 commands that make the mod unplayable under vista? I suspect that it wouldn't be that hard to do with source code and the MS VC++ debug tool.

3. You continue saying you'll release the DM mod that will integrate in a certain way (haven't understood yet) the Race Mod... OK! Fantastic! But you announced MTA:SA DM MORE THEN AN YEAR AGO!!! (the developement, when there was still that noisefull forum and the old site/blog)... When will you release it? When there will be the new GTA for PC out in the stores? :S Sorry for my sarcasm, but I'm only a little bit confused... if MTA:SA DM is taking so much time, why don't you let Vista users use the Race mod till the first DM public beta?

Please don't flame, these are frankly questions/thoughts

EDIT: what about a linux launcher? It should be great, with the latest WINE GTASA works great (also the copy protection system!!! yay!!!) :S

• 3 weeks later...

my dear x16,

think about people who are waiting for the MTA:DM mod and that can't play at the MTA:Race mod because of incompatibility. Well, we could wait for it... we're waiting for it by 2 years!

Now: I can't install WindowsXP on my machine just because the motherboard has the Santa Rosa chipset and it's a laptop -> no drivers. I use Linux, and sometimes Windows Vista (if I'm obliged)... the solution should be to see how to adapt MTA:Race being compatible with W.I.N.E., which is not only a linux program, it is a cross-platform program which can be run on 'x86-based Unixes, including Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Solaris' operating systems, and even on MS Windows (including Vista).

I think they could spend a little time to make the MTA:Race compatible with it and let all the people play on it! And... MTA:DM will be released when it'll be done (I don't think in a short period)

Now, if you were in my same context, or in any case couldn't run WindowsXP on your machine, what would you do? And don't reply me you would wait for MTA:DM which will released 'when it's done' (aka: not in a shrot period)

patience is a virtue. hang tight.

patience for what?

we want race

and there is already a some kind of DM whic they are so called 'hard busy' on it (SA MP)(just type in google)

so please put that dm aside just for a lil while

and help fixing this for us

so you wil get rid of this complain!

PLZ!

If they put aside DM to make Race Vista compatible, they'll be stopping the complaints about Race not being Vista compatible. But there are a lot of people complaining about DM not being released. Just play SAMP until DM is released, alot of other people do (and not because they have Vista).

SAMP is just not a race mod...

I'm not speaking about making MTA:Race Vista compatible, but GNU-Linux/Mac/FreeBSD/Solaris/Windows Vista compatible!

It's just more then you can think...

Well, I don't have Vista, so I just suggested that to wait. People should know not to get a new OS as soon as it comes out, not many games and some graphic drivers won't work. That's why I'm still waiting until end of 2009 when XP stops becoming available in stores.

Have you tried searching for what you want to know? On MTA site? Many topics about Vista have already been made, and in more than one board. So maybe your question has already been answered.

LOL I have to quote myself!!!

My computer: dual boot Ubuntu 7.10 / Windows Vista

1. I can't install Windows XP not because I don't have a licence (I have it!), but just because I'm on a laptop, and you know what does this means for drivers

I've not brought a Vista licence, it was bundled with my laptop - and I even don't use it. And I can't install my WinXP licence just because I've got (as like as ALL the new motherboards have) the Santa Rosa chipset.

SO I'm asking developers NOT to make Vista compatible, as like as I don't run it on my PC, but just because making WINE compatible (I don't think that big problem - it's just different then rewrite the anticheat part), in order to INDIRECTLY make it vista compatible, but first of all UNIX-based operating systems compatible!

I HAVE searched about this as like as I tried to run it on vista first and then on WINE without any success, but I've only seen people repeating 'Vista sucks' 'No Vista!' 'DM is Vista compatible'

When will DM mod be released? Maybe in other two? Three years?

I CAN'T use Windows XP, that is, as like as a lot of people - time to time - won't!

Toady, the "just a little bit more" is up for over a year now. Yes we know of the SUPREME functions of DM, but atm they are void for the normal users, so either give a rock solid release date or don't post how super DM is.

Ok, you will not hear anything about mta anymore untill release, which i wont estimate too for you, deal? deal.

trash replies...

1. I know that MTA:DM is WINE compatible...

2. I know that MTA:DM will be available when it'll be done

and 3. I want to play MTA:Race as like as you can. Why can't I?

People should know not to get a new OS as soon as it comes out, not many games and some graphic drivers won't work. That's why I'm still waiting until end of 2009 when XP stops becoming available in stores.

you're talking like it's our fault. In my case Windows Vista came already installed on my PC. I can't install XP because I don't have any driver CDs(motherboard, video card, sound, etc). Just recovery that I can use from pushing F11 while starting PC :D

so it wasn't my choice to have this freaking windows :(

I'm checking the forum everyday for updates related to "Running MTA:SA under Vista" and no luck so far.

grrrr , and I liked so much this game :(

Cya,

I don't mean to say it's your fault. Those that buy it seperately, because it just came out, got it too early. But if it came with a PC, and you can't get XP, either you can't find it, or you couldn't refuse getting Vista with the new computer, or any reason. Then, that's just not so lucky...does your computer support dual boot? If so, maybe you could put XP on it too, Race will work, then.

I don't mean to say it's your fault. Those that buy it seperately, because it just came out, got it too early. But if it came with a PC, and you can't get XP, either you can't find it, or you couldn't refuse getting Vista with the new computer, or any reason. Then, that's just not so lucky...does your computer support dual boot? If so, maybe you could put XP on it too, Race will work, then.

99% of new laptops use the santa rosa chipset that is not compatible with XP... (there are no drivers)

• 3 weeks later...
People should know not to get a new OS as soon as it comes out, not many games and some graphic drivers won't work. That's why I'm still waiting until end of 2009 when XP stops becoming available in stores.

you're talking like it's our fault. In my case Windows Vista came already installed on my PC. I can't install XP because I don't have any driver CDs(motherboard, video card, sound, etc). Just recovery that I can use from pushing F11 while starting PC :D

so it wasn't my choice to have this freaking windows :(

I'm checking the forum everyday for updates related to "Running MTA:SA under Vista" and no luck so far.

grrrr , and I liked so much this game :(

Cya,

Control Panel>System

Write down the information and go to the hardwares official site and download drivers. Then there you have it...zOMFG/11/1?!!?!? DRIVERS! LOLz