Are you up to 'The Dodo Challenge'?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe ur challenge looks challenging :twisted:

i kno i could easily do it on the ps2 but i havt tried it on the pc but i kno a HUGE tip for ppl who can only take off at the aiport and land on stauton and thats it, everytime the dodo moves up---even 1 ingle inch--lign it up strait again, do insactly that my friend, and u will fly MUCH longer and live long and healthy

• 6 months later...

wow, you bumped a 9 monthes old topic.. im impressed :P

anyways here it goes:

go into view No.2 (i think its the easyest one) and start slowing down tapping "dodo up" and release the acceleration. then head for the land ur trying to land on, and keep yourself as aligned with the ground as possible.

when you think you are at "medium speed" after slowing down pitch the dodo about 35 degrees upwards using the "dodo up" key, and dont let the nose go down. after the dodo is slow enough it will start losing alttitude fast. when you think ur about 7.5 meters above the ground release the "dodo up" key and the nose should start heading down, and be low enough just in time for a clean and nice landing in your desired destination.

enjoy! :)

Edited by Guest

I don't remember if killing ppl with the Dodo's propeller while roaming the streets was possible, but I'd probly say you can't do it if I had to guess - it behaved like a car, running peds over.

Anyway yeah flying it isn't really as hard as some ppl here are makin it out to be. Just keep trying it and read some comprehensive FAQ like that gamefaqs.com one (I've read that myself, very helpful) and you should nail it withing a few hours.

My personal was around 10-15 mins flyin time (then I musta got bored I think) and that isn't considered even remotely a long time, so the deal with that winged thing of beauty (:D) is really about what you can do with it, i.e. stunting. Sommersaulting around bridges was my thing too, although I rarely completed a full circle mainly cause of winds or simply lack of skill (probly the first :P). Barrel rolls, twist stalling, upside down flying, dodging buildings sidewards and other stuff is what ppl should be doing/filming with fraps IMO.

You know, maybe we should make a contest for the best Exclusive Dodo stunt video. How's that sound?

i already got some.. but the ugly badafuckas took it away..

ill try to put it back up.. oh ye, and i got a dodo guide that myself and rebel made. its kinda like the gamefaqs one, but explains better, and gives better methods/better skills (were both own at dodoing :P)

lets see if i can put it back up...

[EDIT]

YES! I RE-UPLOADED IT!

For an advanced Dodo guide click on the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon2/blackdrag0n/Dodo_guide.html

• 3 weeks later...

The damned dodo isn't that hard to fly, you just gotta get it off of the ground without crashing in the first few seconds, and take it from there. I have a pretty good best time, but I can't remember what it was.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...