How to get MTA:SA Client running on Vista!

I made a thread like this before and it got deleted for some reason I don't know (guess someone is jealous???) If there are any problems, criticisms/controversies of my post-writing, please PM my so I can edit out problematic posts. This time I am gonna backup this entire thread in Microsoft Office 2007 as a [.doc] file and/or save it using the "Save" button right next to "Preview/Submit"! :P Hmm... it turns out to be that I tried to force a sticky by putting "[sOLUTION]" before my subject.

Before we begin, the problem with MTA:SA on Vista is because of the "Client.dll" file. There are some DLL script contents inside that doesn't support Vista. Removing it, allows MTA to work. If it is not removed, you will get an "Exception Processing Message" and that "MTA has encountered an unrecoverable error". Also, a crash log will be posted in "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\MTA\core.log" Now let's take a look below:

OK, many of you have had problems getting MTA to work on Vista like when installing. For example, you get the message "Application falied to launch because MSVCP71.DLL was not found." The fix is to go to http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71 and copy and paste this in C:\Windows\System32 (of course your graphics driver package or NET Framework/Visual C++ Runtime have these files as well). Note: This solution is NOT posted in the wiki troubleshooting section for MTA:SA - it's only for the "MSVCR71.DLL" file.

So now the "MTA Center Login" works; but what about MTA itself?

Here's a trick to get to the launching screen successfully! :D

To fix this, go to C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\race. Delete "Client.dll" file! The contents in this file happens to be not supported for Vista. So...

Step 1

Delete this file!

Step 2

Launch MTA!

Step 3

Servers ready to be executed!

Congratualations, you have managed to get to the server browsing screens. Now what happens if you launch a server, or do a "Quick Connect"?

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, once you launch the server, you will get "Could not load race mod"! :(

It really wants back the "Client.dll" file, but it has some issues with Vista. I started this thread so that people can experiment, contribute, and to see what other clues they can dig up. All that needs to be fixed is the "Could not load race mod" under Vista. It seems that all the MTA Staff has to do is to debug this "Client.dll" file, and send us a patched version for us that works with Vista.

Oh yeah it says that error...

The map editor works....

LOL, I totally forgot to try the Map Editor, and that actually worked on Vista! See... it's because the Client.dll file for it is not as buggy as the one for the race mod.

Trick: Try to let the Map Editor's CLIENT.DLL file take over the race one. Launch MTA and start a server, it should start - the map editor! But without giving the "Could not load race mod" error message.

I am going to send an e-mail to the MTA Staff that Vista can run MTA:SA if the Client.dll file is debugged. That should help them a little, I hope. :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

Let's sum up all the facts we know:

1. RACE doesn't work under Vista because of the anti-cheat functions.

2. It has been prooved that MTA: RACE will work under Vista if anti-cheat functions are disabled.

3. Internal MTA: RACE builds come with anti-cheat disabled by default.

All the above facts are said by developers/QA Team.

Exactly WHAT is the problem to release last internal build of RACE?