All of ye faithful post here

Guest Kakos[cyp]

I've registered just to say that i've checked the MTA site every day i possibly could, waiting for DM, played Race to death, and to be perfectly honest, MTA is the reason i bought San Andreas for the PC.

I don't think that the MTA team should rush at all, i would much rather just have to download 1 single, stable, fun client rather than 17 patches, most of which just cancel out the patch before it.

The MTA team has various luxuries: they don't have deadlines, no angry customers calling everyday, no strict schedules. I'm a programmer myself, and I know I would get my ass kicked if I would use this team's "strategy" at my work. I can't tell my boss to postpone a deadline for 2 years because I think my software needs to be perfect at beta stage, that would be rediculous.

Maybe this mod is all hyped up, and the developers are scared to release it when it's not completely perfect? Does the team have some sort of planning, or is it every coder for himself (cowboy coding)? I hope the team knows there is no such thing as perfected software and they are not as naive to think there won't be any (major) issues when the beta is finally released.

The MTA team has various luxuries: they don't have deadlines, no angry customers calling everyday, no strict schedules. I'm a programmer myself, and I know I would get my ass kicked if I would use this team's "strategy" at my work. I can't tell my boss to postpone a deadline for 2 years because I think my software needs to be perfect at beta stage, that would be rediculous.

That's your job and mta team code this in their free time, they have their own life too.. They also study, work, go out with their friends, go on vacations etc. etc. And uh, they are not obliged to anyone to release it. The mod is just their hobby