MTAInstall05.exe trojan

Guest eightx2

I've just downloaded the file MTAInstall05.exe (it's the one I need if I want to play MTA VC, right?). Then NOD32 (anti-virus software) comes up saying that that file is "probably a variant of Win32/Obfuscated trojan".

:?:

I've just downloaded the file MTAInstall05.exe (it's the one I need if I want to play MTA VC, right?). Then NOD32 (anti-virus software) comes up saying that that file is "probably a variant of Win32/Obfuscated trojan".

:?:

i got the same thing with AVG

• 1 year later...

What is a simple way to remove the trojan virus? I tried downloading avg and it found the virus. The problem is, I left it scanning just in case there were more files and then my computer restarted for those automatic updates. Then when i tried scanning again, the trojan wasnt found. If the virus can hide like that, how can i remove it without using a long manual way, or paying for removal?

external keyword tool ~ keyworddiscovery.com ~ keycompete.com ~ compete.com ~ webmasterworld.com

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Why do trojan horses seem to be the most popular computer virus? Cause whenever my Antivirus blocks something, it's usually a trojan horse that it blocks. Is the trojan horse easy for hackers to make or something? Why is it the most present computer virus?

It's basically a backdoor-style virus. It's easy to hide, easy to send, and easy to bypass older Anti-Virus programs that are not equipped to handle it, such as users using Norton Internet Security 2005 still lol...

As for the MTA 0.5 Installer, due to how it works, Anti-Virus programs flag it as a trojan virus because it injects memory into GTA in a similar way that a trojan does to Windows programs and OS files. This is a known false positive, but to be sure, only download it from the MTA website or one of it's authorized, official mirrors.