Cheaters, Cheaters, Cheaters.

Sounds like you are sticking up for cheaters.

Seriously, I reacon CHEAT IN ANY SERVER and YOU DONT DESERVE TO PLAY THE GAME.

And i said SUBNET BANNING, NOT COUNTRY BANNING.

So banning the ISP, and anyone who uses it.

As there is No better way to keep Cheaters with Dynamic IP's out, we Subnet ban the cunts.

We will Continue to Subnet ban ALL CHEATERS who join our server with a Dynamic IP.

Its that simple.

And if yer IP changes THAT much.... thats an ISP change.

sanzor has a point, by banning the ISP you also ban a whole lot of innocent people just to get rid of 1 sucker who comes back once or twice and eventually gets bored and stops cheating :roll: an idea would be to temporarily ban their subnet (for a couple of days, maybe a week), when the cheaters see their banned they won't come back and those who play fairly will just have to wait a few days..

personally I don't like the idea of sharing the banlists, I know your intentions are good :P but imo it won't work.. we have banned over a thousand cheaters from our server and I bet if we shared the list, it wouldn't make that much of a difference, I think 99% of those on the list would never play on your server (either because they stopped cheating/playing or they have been banned already) not to mention that includes accidental bans, admin abuse, yeah I've been banned for driving TOO GOOD ¬.¬ and I don't consider myself a really good racer..

just my 2c

If you ban by subnet, then you will ban alot of people. Especially a subnet like Chello. Where in a Dutch city, is the only ISP. So everyone in that city can't play on the servers just because of one Dutcher. I'm not Dutch, but the main admin on my server is. And his ISP is Chello, and is the only ISP he can use. No other ISP in his city. If you banned someone's subnet, and they was on something like Virgin Media or BT. Then you banned ALOT of people. Virgin Media isn't as easy to change IP as other ISP's are. Because you have to do something to the router, modem or phone your ISP to get it changed. And after a few phone calls, they should get wise to it.

I think what norby suggested is great. I play on a cheat allowed server, because there is a no kill/ram rule. Just freeroam, so might as well allow cheat. And I only really play on that server. But I'd never cheat on any other servers if I went on them. The point is, if someone cheats on one server, doesn't mean they'll cheat on all servers. And if you ban their subnet for a week or something. Then the cheaters will notice the admins won, and just give up. Then it won't make everyone suffer forever.

And I don't think it's fair to not allow a cheater to ever play on any other servers. If they stop, then they did good. Because it means they want on your server, so you shouldn't ban them for wanting on your server. Unless they continue to cheat.

We only ban the subnet after the 5th time they return with a different IP.

That rule was introduced to our server by a lovely flying car faggot named "JaViTo!

We dont ban people for being to good, as we are a High skill server, so we are usually even with the best, and we have a LOT of rules in place to make sure that we dont ban for skill.

But yeah, if anyone wants a Banned List of Nothing but cheaters, its there, if anyone wants to share thares, that would be great but you dont have too. (if you do make sure its ONLY cheaters)

And if you dont want to share your banned Cheaters list...... then dont, its that goddamn simple.

But i thaught the community would have been a little more willing to attempt to get rid of the cheating problem.

and thats the end of it.

no come on you cant say that every cheater has to be banned evrywhere, for example some members of teh mta team often go on a stunt server that allows it and use health hax for stunting only and thats perfectly fine if you ask me, after all you are not disrupting any1's gameplay

no come on you cant say that every cheater has to be banned evrywhere, for example some members of teh mta team often go on a stunt server that allows it and use health hax for stunting only and thats perfectly fine if you ask me, after all you are not disrupting any1's gameplay

That is a greeeeeeat idea.....

Look, my idea is ONLY to help OTHERS who WANT it, cheat in a cheat server, go ahead, altho using these cheats DOES break the EULA of MTA.

That is the end of it, i dont want to hear ANY MORE about you saying cheaters shouldent be banned, your obviously a moron.

MODS, LOCK THIS TIPIC.

We dont ban people for being to good, as we are a High skill server, so we are usually even with the best, and we have a LOT of rules in place to make sure that we dont ban for skill.

you don't, but others do.. let's say I play on a random server where a newb admin thinks I'm cheating because I lag too much, shit happens, no big deal and I move to another server, the next they the server owner decides to share his so called 'cheaters list' with others, within the following days the list gets uploaded to 10 other servers and suddenly I realise I can't play on my favorit servers and I'm like 'WTF!'

I'm not saying that you made such mistakes (maybe you did, maybe you didn't, I don't really care) but admins on other servers ban for a whole bunch of other reasons as well NOT only for cheating, I find it silly for instance to get banned from several servers just because a noob admin owner hates me and others use his list

EDIT:

That is the end of it, i dont want to hear ANY MORE about you saying cheaters shouldent be banned, your obviously a moron.

MODS, LOCK THIS TIPIC.

must have missed that

what i am a moron ? i am talking to youy seriously for gods sake! after all i am not saying every cheater has to be not banned but some people do use it for good things. If you ever watched any mta stunt movie i can almost garantee that some sort of hax were used and i also can garantee that you enjoyed some of those movies.....

i am not protecting cheaters, i am mearly saying that not evry one is out there tyo ruin our gameplay

hehe well evry1 is entitled to their opinion :lol:

anyway back on topic, the idea is heading into a good direction, but as i understand it, the new admin system will let you ban people with a reason, like you have to select a reason from a dropdown menu or someething and those banned for cheating could be shared and then this would work really nice

omg sanzor stop with the spam! go to your own server forums and spell FTW correctly

his last post wasnt spam, Moron.

Out of him and you, you post more crap than he does.

Now, This better be the last post that i see in this thread, or iima get pissed off.

i will say this one more time.....

We put our banned cheaters list up for other people who want it.

and...

IF YOU DONT WANT IT, DONT USE IT, DONT FOLLOW THE LINK AND DONT FUCKING COMPLAIN.