"Dinghy Falls Special Edition" Released!

SanZoR

Hello,

I have done new map called by Dinghy Falls Special Edition. Its very cool, pretty much bug free.

I have spent more than 6 hours to make everything perfect, and now im glad to publish it :)

This is Version 1.0

Download:

http://fin-mta.net/Dinghy%20Falls%20Special%20Edition.map

(Right click it and "save as")

Also see video here:

---

Map stats:

32 spawns

---

Feel free to leave here comments, suggestions etc.

PS. If you found an bug, please take a screenshot of it, and post it here.

i hope you like it :)

I have had a connection lost either on the last checkpoint of a race or in first place more than 100 times I think, including twice on eXo Pro Race....

My computer has crashed 7 times in eight months, internet has crashed twice, Ive been killed by flying cars "ie cars on 0 health that just happen to fly into me and kill me (when Im winning of course.)

And I activate every single bug possible - as you have just seen :lol:

Apart from that its fine

I have had a connection lost either on the last checkpoint of a race or in first place more than 100 times I think, including twice on eXo Pro Race....

My computer has crashed 7 times in eight months, internet has crashed twice, Ive been killed by flying cars "ie cars on 0 health that just happen to fly into me and kill me (when Im winning of course.)

And I activate every single bug possible - as you have just seen :lol:

Apart from that its fine

:shock:

You are the lucky one :mrgreen:

Im used to it, yesterday on "The Sex Pit" a plane smashed straight into me when I was winning^^ in a car.

its funny because my friend is the LUCKIEST person in MTA ever^^.

He has nVidia 8800 GTX, 3Ghz RAM, and his luck on MTA is stupidly amazing^^.

BTW: This thread is supposed to be about your dinghy falls

Its obviously well tested, but i did get stranded a couple of places. One was just after the start if u take the ramp to the left, then when you fall down inside the tower you often get stuck on the pillar thing. But placing an angled stunt ramp there deflects you away from it. Or a couple of barrels :D

Other place was further down where a load of health pickups are - if u land near the back you get stranded - maybe an angled surface there would cause you to slide down?

However there aint much else to do but fall randomly :?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm going to be very honest here...

*rolls in grave*

This is BAD. You have heaps of 'pockets' where the dinghys can get trapped or flipped out and to be able to complete this map, you need to be going fast. This is a bad thing because if you hit into other players you are most likely to collide and instantly stop leaving you to clutter up the holes. This map is more like a survival then a 'fall' due to the amounts of 'pockets'. What I did like about this is that you used all of my props that I've used in the Dinghy Fall maps, but, I think the major thing this lacks is umm... *thinks for word* ahh, yes, this map lacks playability. I had to try 5 times before completing this map. There are so many bits where players could get trapped and hold up everybody else. I think you need to spend more time on this map.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but, this sucks. Badly...

Ok, I'm going to be very honest here...

*rolls in grave*

This is BAD. You have heaps of 'pockets' where the dinghys can get trapped or flipped out and to be able to complete this map, you need to be going fast. This is a bad thing because if you hit into other players you are most likely to collide and instantly stop leaving you to clutter up the holes. This map is more like a survival then a 'fall' due to the amounts of 'pockets'. What I did like about this is that you used all of my props that I've used in the Dinghy Fall maps, but, I think the major thing this lacks is umm... *thinks for word* ahh, yes, this map lacks playability. I had to try 5 times before completing this map. There are so many bits where players could get trapped and hold up everybody else. I think you need to spend more time on this map.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but, this sucks. Badly...

hmh, i respect the mother of Dinghy Fall, and what he says...

But, i got a lot of skills to make even better maps, but i dont know what kinda maps i should to do.

As you can see, i have posted +60 maps here...

I think i just can make DD maps, my races are not best.

This was pretty much test map.

Well, i keep my mapping in DD section :D

Thanks for this comment.

I agree with allah-cool - what liggy said was way too harsh... no map is perfect and glitch free - not even his own Dinghy Falls which has horrifically unbalanced spawnpoints as well as the pure random luck of the boat spin.

Youve clearly put a lot of effort and hard work in and you shouldnt give up or lose hope just cos of one persons comments. And i think theres enough DD/DM maps thats all u see on the map center front page - remember when this used to be a race mod?.... lol

no map is perfect and glitch free

Not true, I can name a few maps which I would call bug free.

what liggy said was way too harsh

Thanks for the info.

not even his own Dinghy Falls which has horrifically unbalanced spawnpoints as well as the pure random luck of the boat spin.

Yeah, I know about these bugs. In fact, dinghy falls has about 9 bugs (V4), but I'm not bothered to go and fix them (OMG LAZY MAPPER, KILL KILL KILL) Maybe I'll do some '1 year' edition or something, I do need the money

you shouldnt give up or lose hope just cos of one persons comments

lose hope? I doubt he will lose hope from my post.

This was pretty much test map.

Oh, it's a test map... In that case, it's kick ass. I'd like to see the final result! (please don't sue me)

I agree with allah-cool - what liggy said was way too harsh... no map is perfect and glitch free - not even his own Dinghy Falls which has horrifically unbalanced spawnpoints as well as the pure random luck of the boat spin.

Youve clearly put a lot of effort and hard work in and you shouldnt give up or lose hope just cos of one persons comments. And i think theres enough DD/DM maps thats all u see on the map center front page - remember when this used to be a race mod?.... lol

Heh, i released them, cause i wanna do something useful. Actually, when DM comes, they are pretty useless, so i just wanted to make them public, and make ppl happy even for a while :)