About MTA DM

Guest zooloo75

Not what I meant. There can be 5 people in server but that does not mean they are shown in the video. Christmas video doesnt show many people on screen. Perhaps only the scene where a guy is shooting from a driving car but that's about it. And as for the minigun video, these people stand still most of the time, and hay only shows only one player if I remember well

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? I don't even worry about DM anymore. I posted on this forum a few times, sometimes I'd get pretty annoyed that they'd never release the mod. I don't even worry anymore because of two reasons....One, I started playing SAMP again and had a lot of fun....Two, GTA IV's going to be out pretty soon, pretty much making this mod useless. It may be good up until they release GTA IV for the PC, but that's about it.

The "team" has enjoyed playing the mod with each other and their friends, and you know, that's cool. It's their mod. They don't have to share it with everyone. But they could at least give a bit more info on what's going on, instead of continuing to BS people. Honestly, you guys have said...What, 2, 3 years ago that this would be released "soon"? Don't you find a problem with that? VC didn't take that long..It didn't take that long to put together SA Race. All those "updates" you put on the front page look to be done by only one person, and it also looks to be things that should have been done a long time ago, or are just complete BS to look like work is being done on it. "Syncing Weapon Ratio"...."Max vehicle damage to 10x default limit"....I just don't buy it...But like I said, I don't worry about it, which is why I haven't posted here....And I enjoy SA MP. Whether you think it's crap or not really doesn't matter...Because it's more than what you guys have put out so far.

GTA IV's going to be out pretty soon, pretty much making this mod useless. It may be good up until they release GTA IV for the PC, but that's about it.

Ok, what's the release date of GTA IV for PC? (and sources plz)

And uhm, people were whining about that there's no progress at all, now when there's a change log on the first page you whine that it's fake etc. etc.? Nice of you :evil:

We will never win lil_toady...

People ask for summit, they get it, then they moan about it - its how MTA has gone for awhile now...

Cant please anyone.

p.s.

Thanks to all of the people who are reading this who are still MTA Supporters, Were making this mod for YOU, not the moaners.

I'm still an MTA supporter. Always have been since I started in March 2006. And I'll always support the team for as long as it's around. Because they don't need to do anything with the DM mod, but they are. And for free. So I'll always support the team. :)

Hmm, nice.. Post for ur 5th one really!!! BTW, then why have you posted here, if you don't care about it anymore?

/me waits to ravenheart's whining post :P

And you've got 24 posts....What's your point? Because I've posted 5..well now 6 times in this forum, I don't know anything? For some reason, there's always been a kind of "status" on message boards where the ones with a low number of posts seems to be the "lower class" whereas the ones with thousands of posts seem to be better than everyone. Anyway...I post here because I'm a registered member, just like you. This forum isn't only for MTA team suckups and people who constantly blow them and have nothing but positive things to say. A message board wouldn't be a message board if it fit that description. I'm allowed to have a different opinion. It doesn't make anyone right or wrong.

I support the team..Don't get me wrong. They started the thing, and everyone else has followed. It's turned out to be great for the GTA franchise. If it wasn't created, the replay value of GTA games would've greatly decreased. I just think it's gotten overly ridiculous. The game obviously works. They could release it, but they choose not to. I'm not saying all the news on the front page is fake...But it seems like it's things that should've been finished right at the beginning...You know, get the basics out of the way and then add the features?

I support the team..Don't get me wrong. They started the thing, and everyone else has followed. It's turned out to be great for the GTA franchise. If it wasn't created, the replay value of GTA games would've greatly decreased. I just think it's gotten overly ridiculous. The game obviously works. They could release it, but they choose not to. I'm not saying all the news on the front page is fake...But it seems like it's things that should've been finished right at the beginning...You know, get the basics out of the way and then add the features?

You're spot on, we never expected it to take this long, but we've learned a good lesson from that, and we've been fixing up the many bugs that've been accumilating, before a release.

The good news is that the few remaining issues are mostly trivial and easy to fix, especially compared with what we've had in the past..

Our sole goal now is preparing for a release, even if some people find sa-mp better, it's important for us to have something to show and slowly build it up. That way we can have more input from the community, and shape MTA the way you people want it.

I assure you none of the news/info on the front page is fake (except the april fools, if thats still there :P).

People only like SA-MP better than MTA, because it's only Race. But I hate SAMP, I only play it when a new version comes out to test it. But it's never going to beat MTA. I play MTA, not SAMP. And those that say SAMP are better, are people that will forget they said that when DM comes out. Trust me, they'll forget they ever said anything like that. DM will be better than SAMP.

From what I know, SAMP has more stuff synced, and scroll for the chat now. But the sync is still rubbish. And again, I stopped playing it after the first 10 minutes of a new version. I always get something about 'Report Crash'. That's why I never play SAMP. And no, I don't want to know how to fix that if it's possible. I'll just stick to MTA.

If you read the comments on the news "MTA Christmas Movie", you'll see Little Whitey from SAMP saying something. He didn't look pleased then, because he, and everyone else knows SAMP will just shut down after DM is out. Everyone will go from SAMP to MTA. Even the Admins will.

If you read the comments on the news "MTA Christmas Movie", you'll see Little Whitey from SAMP saying something. He didn't look pleased then, because he, and everyone else knows SAMP will just shut down after DM is out. Everyone will go from SAMP to MTA. Even the Admins will.

Well yes... but then GTA 4 comes out, all the work was for nothing, and everyone will go from MTA:SA to GTA 4. Even the Admins will.

Well yes... but then GTA 4 comes out, all the work was for nothing, and everyone will go from MTA:SA to GTA 4. Even the Admins will.

I have no idea why you guys think that, there's no confirmation on a PC release yet, it will probably be released many months after the console versions and we have no idea if it will have multiplayer or not.. people still play MTA:VC even if it's an old mod, lots of us have requested a new version of it maybe after MTA:DM is released..

my point is that when GTA4 comes out people won't stop playing these games just because they're old

I have no idea why you guys think that, there's no confirmation on a PC release yet, it will probably be released many months after the console versions and we have no idea if it will have multiplayer or not.. people still play MTA:VC even if it's an old mod, lots of us have requested a new version of it maybe after MTA:DM is released..

Yes you're right, no confimation yet. But it's just the same as everytime. Console game, at the latest 6 months later, PC-version follows. Yah, we have no idea if it will have mulitplayer or not... but i guess there will be someone who will start to program a modification ;P

Even if GTA4 has multiplayer, do you think it will have as much replay value and versatility as MTA? I highly doubt that, so some people, like me for one, will prefer MTA over GTA4 multiplayer. And for the record I have a PS3 and plan on getting GTA4 for that probably the day it comes out. But once I beat the story I might play a bit of it online, and will certainly play MTA:DM on the side (which is hopefully out by then :?). Anyway, my point is that MTA:DM will not have been made for nothing, far from it actually :P

GTAIV will have multiplayer, that's been confirmed several times.

I love how you're making broad statements of preference for multiplayer platforms you've never played. To be quite honest, you're not in a position to do so until you've played both (or even just MTA, haha).

GTAIV will have multiplayer, that's been confirmed several times.

I love how you're making broad statements of preference for multiplayer platforms you've never played. To be quite honest, you're not in a position to do so until you've played both (or even just MTA, haha).

I am sure that GTA4 will have multiplayer, but I expect it to be like LCS for the PSP's multiplayer. It only makes sense to assume so. If somehow, Rockstar makes GTA4's multiplayer as versatile as MTA:DM will be (Which will be hard for at least their console versions, and like Norby said, the PC version isn't 'officially' announced yet), then you can say that I had no right to compare them, but right now I'm only guessing at what I think it's gonna be like (just like everyone else). GTA4 will hopefully be a better game than GTA:SA was, but I really dunno if Rockstar can pull of so many features in their multiplayer. I guess all we can do is wait and see though...

BTW, long time no see Manej :wink:

Just because they've said there will be an MP doesn't actually mean that. And maybe they mean like GTA: SA, where you can have a 2 player on the console, but maybe more than 2. But they said that about GTA:III, GTA: VC and GTA: SA. But they never, and they've probably confirmed it many times that there will be an MP on those GTA games. But did they make an MP for any of them? Not for GTA:III. not for GTA:VC. They made a 2 player for the consoles, but that's it. Maybe they will be an MP, maybe not. They said there will be a few times, but there might still be no MP.

And even if there is, MTA Team will make an MP anyway, and much better.

They announced MP for gta3 for sure and there even was some net code in afaik. On the latest E3, which took place not long ago, they've shown a beta of GTAIV which actually did not even have the graphics/gameplay part finished (you could not even shoot there by the time) They are also planning to do the game as a 'next-gen' kinda one so i doubt they will focus on the MP (c'mon that are the lazy rockstar bastids :P ), even if there will be a multiplayer it won't be any as good as mta imho. And btw, the word multiplayer can mean a 2 players co-op mode too. :roll:

even if there will be a multiplayer it won't be any as good as mta imho. And btw, the word multiplayer can mean a 2 players co-op mode too. :roll:

Which would be funny, too ;P

But the thing is, if there is already a multiplayer implemented it would be A LOT easier to program a modification to enhance the existing/add new multiplyer-functions... i think thats obvious !

If you haven't played MTA:DM and GTAIV multiplayer, then you're not qualified to say which is better/more fun to play/or whatever.

Dan Houser said the console versions WILL have multiplayer. Since there has been no mention over a PC version, I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up. I have no rift with MTA and have been waiting and supporting it since Blue was announced, but you shouldn't judge it based on how other multiplayer platforms perform (cough) SA-MP (cough).

At least they have released something, you know? That's more than MTA devs can say at the moment.

Actually, i done care even shit about possible bugs, i just wanna play it!!!

Its time to release BETA version, or at least alpha version!!!

Im getting tired of this;

In mtasa.com you guys try to tell me how awesome this MTA:DM would be, but you cant let us even try it!!!

And that sucks.

Im pretty sure, im not only one who wanna play it even with bugs, i have been waiting it few months, and i check every day mtasa.com and these forums, looking for DM release, but all what i see, is videos or other oh-so-great stuff what you have done for DM!!!

You guys can allways release beta version, and fix it when bugs occures.

I waiting when i can set up my DM server, every day...

I hope you guys understand what i mean, im sorry about my crappy english.

PS. If you are too lazy to read this, read at least this:

WE WANT DM BETA RELEASE!!!!!

Thats all what i wanna say.

Please, post here if you also wanna beta release.

Thank you!