MTA DM & Handling Mods.

Heres what i want to know, IF DM ever gets released, Will there be a Server-Side handling file, Like the Server-Side Carcols file, That would have the ability to be changed, and effects how everyones car drives in Said server?

And another thing, a Server-Side handling file that overrides the users Local file would be good for all them noobs who dont realise that Modding your Handling file is classed as cheating.

Thaughts / Ideas / Is it possible?

Off-topic: This should suit the Help forum better.

On-topic: Modding handling isn't really cheating. Cheating takes no skill at all. But to be good at handling, you need skill. You need skill to handle a car after you've made it faster. You need skill to drift after you've been making a drifter. You need skill to remember what you did so you can do similar to other cars.

Off-topic: This should suit the Help forum better.

On-topic: Modding handling isn't really cheating. Cheating takes no skill at all. But to be good at handling, you need skill. You need skill to handle a car after you've made it faster. You need skill to drift after you've been making a drifter. You need skill to remember what you did so you can do similar to other cars.

But changing the Handling file, theres things like "Collision Damage Multiplier" Set that to 0 and rour car dosent take damage, Then theres Grip, Mass, Speed, Acceleration, all can be use as Cheats.

Which is why im hoping the Server has the ability to override it.

And as for changing it on the fly, thas not really nessacary, as with MTA Race the Carcols file requires a Reboot of the server for the changes to work, thats fine.

There are stuff you can do with handling.cfg and vehicles.ide that does the same as cheats. And editing dmg multiplier is easy. But it takes skill to make a good drifter. And it takes skill to make a fast dragster that doesn't go off the road, or without it going out of control.

I don't understand what's your point, modifying those files should be allowed? even if it gives you a tiny little advantage it ruins fair-play

I know good racers, extremely skilful racers who complete races every time with no mistakes, often only milliseconds seperate them..

I think he means changing it "legally". Just like we're modding gameplay now with scripts, he's asking if we could modify a car's handling legitimately via scripting.

my post was addressed at Munch who said modyfing that file is not considered cheating, doing it via scripting is a whole new story

I think he means changing it "legally". Just like we're modding gameplay now with scripts, he's asking if we could modify a car's handling legitimately via scripting.

if he wants different handling on "his" server he can make new cars...like custom models....and give them handlings like he wants. so, when som1 comes on the server, and drives yosemite, he'll drive it like sandking....and every1 else in server....so there wont be cheaters, right? because, if its new car, cheaters dont have handlings for it....they can have handling for real yosemite, but on server, there is different vehicle with same name