Forum Word Censoring option in Account Settings.

The forum Word censoring option in Account Settings dosent work.

About 2 days after the forums were updated to phpBB3 the disable button worked fine, but now it dosent.

I have "Enable Forum Word Censoring" set to "No" and i still see crap like :o and :~ in everyones posts because its still on.

Please fix this broken option.

Well if you're going to have it, it could at least be a better replacement other than ":O", something like [Censored] would be better and wouldn't interfere as much...

Good point, cos :o translates into OMG in my book.... so a sentance looks like this when i read it....

Guys, i just found the coolest OMG trick to do, and oys so OMG easy.

just kinda reads retarded, where as

Guys, i just found the coolest [Censored] trick to do, and oys so [Censored] easy.

looks and reads a lot better.

So would you atleast concider making that change if we cant turn it of then? so a lot of posts readabilitu goes up 10 points?

Good point, cos :o translates into OMG in my book.... so a sentance looks like this when i read it....

Guys, i just found the coolest OMG trick to do, and oys so OMG easy.

I actually like it, when it replaces a swear word it looks to me like that smiley is trying to shout something, I'm not sure what but I guess it's something bad because he seems a little angry..

I don't sound like a complete wacko do I? :drinking: