Update on DM status?

Guest kevinb1577

im not being impatient or anything, i really dont care as long as it gets released... :P

just asking if the community could possibly get an update on how close the game is to being done, or releaseable

When GTA4 comes out, they will be on Beta status, maybe when GTA5 gets announced we MIGHT see some kind of semi-public(read closed beta for IRC zombies). My guess is its coming out when a new pope gets elected.

Hey we want PERFECT, FLAWLESS, 0-BUG release right?

hahaha! that's one of the best replies ever :lol:

When GTA4 comes out, they will be on Beta status, maybe when GTA5 gets announced we MIGHT see some kind of semi-public(read closed beta for IRC zombies).

So, if it's that way, why are you waiting for MTA instead of GTA IV? I mean, it's GTA with multiplayer and you say it will come out earlier than MTA. It will be pretty much bug free too (that's what one would expect at least). It seems to me you're expressing your impatience on the wrong forum.

Just forget about MTA and start waiting for GTA IV instead, as you're guaranteed that that will come out (since some of you apparently believe that MTA won't).

When GTA4 comes out, they will be on Beta status, maybe when GTA5 gets announced we MIGHT see some kind of semi-public(read closed beta for IRC zombies).

So, if it's that way, why are you waiting for MTA instead of GTA IV? I mean, it's GTA with multiplayer and you say it will come out earlier than MTA. It will be pretty much bug free too (that's what one would expect at least). It seems to me you're expressing your impatience on the wrong forum.

Just forget about MTA and start waiting for GTA IV instead, as you're guaranteed that that will come out (since some of you apparently believe that MTA won't).

Its my decision to wait for whatever i want, at the current pace MTA will come out after GTA4 even with GTA's delay. Has it come to your attention that has been on a "bug hunting" and "feature freeze" status since a year or so. I don't know how DM looks but fixing bugs for a year does not seem plausible, either that or it wasn't on a feature freeze.

When GTA4 comes out, they will be on Beta status, maybe when GTA5 gets announced we MIGHT see some kind of semi-public(read closed beta for IRC zombies). My guess is its coming out when a new pope gets elected.

No. :idea:

Has it come to your attention that has been on a "bug hunting" and "feature freeze" status since a year or so.

It has absolutely come to my attention, but I don't complain about it. Just like I don't complain to Rockstar to hurry up with GTA4 and just drop 360 support because it's only holding them back and I'm not going to play it on 360 anyway. Also, the feature freeze was done in June, not a year ago.

I don't know how DM looks but fixing bugs for a year does not seem plausible, either that or it wasn't on a feature freeze.

It seems plausible to me. This is complex software being developed here.

I don't know how DM looks but fixing bugs for a year does not seem plausible, either that or it wasn't on a feature freeze.

what's implausible in that? you think the team is doing nothing, the mod was cancelled a long time ago and what you see in the POTD gallery are photoshopped fakes? if the mod had been indeed canceled they would have at least announced the community :roll:

nothing is flawless, there will still be bugs even when it's released

man by the time they release it GTA 6 will be out for like the xbox 3000 or somethin lol........nah im jokin i dunno when it will come out i hope so cuz sa-mp is boring and this one looks cool cuz the synced a lot of stuff i hope it will come out and i heard you have to play $5.65 dollars to just play it is that true? cuz if it is then bull crap mta should be shammed if u gotta pay just to play that COME ON oh ya this my first post :|

Put simple, they are trying to pack too many things in a first release, thats why its taking forever.

let's pretend that's one of the reasons it took so long, unless you build a time machine and go back in the past it won't change anything

Hey, MTA Team, I have an idea. To stop all the ungreatful and/or impatient users from moaning. Or to reward the still greatful and patient users. You say: We want to release, but major bugs could be found in the last minute. Well, why not put it in Open-Beta? That way you'll find the major bugs faster, and it'll stop all of the moaning. And at the same time, rewards the greatful and patient members of the community(like me).

• MTA Team
Hey, MTA Team, I have an idea. To stop all the ungreatful and/or impatient users from moaning. Or to reward the still greatful and patient users. You say: We want to release, but major bugs could be found in the last minute. Well, why not put it in Open-Beta? That way you'll find the major bugs faster, and it'll stop all of the moaning. And at the same time, rewards the greatful and patient members of the community(like me).

Finding bugs isn't a problem now though, we're doing fine with it. It's rather the deal with fixing them :P However once we (QA) are done with some task, any option could be considered about it.

When I posted that, i tried to post it without looking as though I was one of those moaners. I just suggested that if there are bugs you know are in there, but can't find, release an Open-Beta. I suggested that so it'd stop people from moaning about it not being out.

Jezez.

As I said in another topic..:

Nobody expects a bug-free verision. And I'm totally sure, that if you've spent all this time fixing bugs instead of adding features useless to the actual gameplay, you would probably have debugged every windows OS on the market by now.

A few short sentances:

SAMP is out.

It may crash every 2 minutes here.

It was probably alot worse when it came out in the beginning, I would'nt know.

SAMP is fun.

Get the drill?

Now tell me SA:MTA:DM isnt stable enough to last 2 minutes of gameplay.

I'd play it if it was, and I believe most others who has'nt completely lost hope, would as well.

Well, shit, that guy's pretty damn old already, so that's pretty damn soon!