PotholeStudios VDM "Battle Ships"

DazzaJay

Yo, this is kind of a WIP.... Well, it is at Version 2 at the moment, i make updates every now and then..... and YES.... IF DM is EVER released, this will turn into a DM Map.... More than Likely CTF Style..... 2 teams 2 bases. anyways....

These maps are EXCLUSIVE to Pothole Studios, and No we will not be uploading them to any other server, so don't ask.

This map Comes in 4 Variations [Hydra][Day], [Hydra][Night], [Rustler][Day], [Rustler][Night].

So in the [Hydra] Variations, the Spawn Points are Hydra, Hunter, Predator.

In the [Rustler] Variations, the Spawn Points are Rustler, Hunter, Predator.

Here's a crappy little map i made in MS paint. it also shows the Orientation of the Spawn points.

Remember, With the Hydra & Rustlers in this image, Only 1 of those 2 will be in said Variations.

topdownmap.jpg

(Click to see the image Clearly without interference from the forums crappy sise limits.)

ok, now iima show you screenshots of the map. From all different angles, Remembering that all of the Aircraft Carriers are set up the same, so most of the shots are taken from inside one, On the Rustler Variation of the map.

Well, in this first shot, you see Two of the Predator Spawn points

(Recently added and not seen in this screenshot is a Vehicle Swap Point that changes to Sanchez, up the ramp to the left of the shot there, so you can drive the boat up the ramp, switch to a Sanchez, drive it around the Carrier, and go to other VEHI swap points such as Planes.

Basically, if you don't wanna use the boat, and you have been spawned in it, just get the bike, and go get a plane.

boatbayinner.jpg

(Click for Larger Image)

This Next screenshot shows the Ramp to drive the boat up if you want the Sanchez to get a diff vehi. (Sanchez Swap point For some odd reason didn't appear when i took the Screenshot with Xfire)

(The rear door on the Ship will also stop* people like me parking a plane in the back of the carrier and camping.(BIG problem in the Previous version of the map) (as the gap is small enough so that if a plane tries to enter, it will either hit the door and Boom, or it will Splashdown.)

boatbayouter.jpg

(Click for Larger Image)

This image shows the Helipad with the CORRECT floor piece under it (Instead of the Building Roof Helipad that was used in the Previous Version), and the New 45Degree Orientation of the Helicopter. (Instead of the Previous 90degree Orientation.

helipad.jpg

(Click for Larger Image)

This image shows the inside Plane Spawn, and the Floor panel over the "Black Hole" that was in the Previous version.

innerplaneinner.jpg

(Click for Larger Image)

This Picture shows the Runway, having not changed too much attal from the Previous ver, Just some minor corrections on the Spawn point rotation.

lookingdownrunway.jpg

(Click for Larger Image)

Another shot of the Interior Spawn point, Including all the Roof Rails n stuff that wasn't in the previous version.

planeinnerin.jpg

(Click for Larger Image)

This Photo shows the Inner Plane Spawn, Including the New outer Panels and the "Rustler Switch point" which is there for the people who start in boats and want a plane (thru the riding thru the ship on the Sanchez system)

planeinnerout.jpg

(Click for Larger Image)

This Image shows another 2 New Boat Spawn points Next to the USS Numnutz (Which were not in the Previous Version)

subboats.jpg

(Click for Larger Image)

This image shows 2 Plane Spawn Points, (In the Hydra Variation, the Spawn point seen ABOVE the clock, Is Moved to the New Side Panel, Because the Hydra has VTOL.

toppanel.jpg

(Click for Larger Image)

This image shows that i have put 2 Side Panels on the ship, as in MTA, they don't "Raise Up" when there's a plane on them. But its better with the Dual Panels Stationary anyway. (The Lower is to assist takeoff of the Plane inside the ship, and the Higher one is a Spawn point For a Hydra in the Hydra Variation of the map.

twinbits.jpg

(Click for Larger Image)

And that's about it so far, I'm still going thru decorating the inside of the ship, and making it possible for a plane to get a Sanchez and go down to get a boat.

There is one thing im debating, WILL i give the Option for anyone in Planes / Boats to become a "Hunter"

As Planes can become boats, Boats can become planes, BUT, Should i make it so they are all Interchangeable?

Your comments will be helpful for building V3 of "Battle Ships"

But yeah, V2 is up, on the server.

Quick Connect: mta.potholestudios.com 22003

TeamSpeak: ts.potholestudios.com

Server Rules Page: http://www.potholestudios.com/mta

Server Forums: http://www.potholestudios.com

Respawn is off, the motobike is so a boat can get a plane, the hydra is only available in the hydra ver.

The deffanate favorite of people who have played it is the Rustler ver...

and most people in boats go and get a rustler anyway..... but the boats are mainly there to keep the battle close to the ground....

But this map has the Distant future in mind... so basically, If DM is Ever released, all the Spawn points at the moment, will be Vehicle points, all the player spawns will be inside the ships, and it will be turned into a 2 team Capture The Flag style map... the base's will be made up of 2 carriers & a sub... as is seen on the map.

There will still be the Rustler type and the Hydra Type, but we hope by then that Hydra's will have Lock on, and we will be able to make the SAM sites shoot at enemy planes, Giving more reason to use the attack boats.....

So yeah, it has a lot more potential for a future CTF style map....

So when it becomes a CTF map, Respawn will be on ofcourse.

• 2 weeks later...

yo dan,

this is definitely a great [VDM] dan, but i still think the hunter is like overpowered to both rustler & hydra :evil:

and the boat spawns are well let's name it: they are there to change to the sanchez and make ppl see the good job you did on the carrier interiors. You really did a great job mapping all 4 carriers completely there, what i mean to criticize is:

Any noob can take down a rustler or a hydra with the hunter's mingun and the boat spawns are causing lengths in map duration since every 1 i could imagine spawning in a boat on this map wants to change it to a plane. so here's my suggestion for this:

-take out all hunter and boat spawns and replace them with rustlers or hydras (depending on the map).

16 spawns should be enough imo and you can still add like 4 custome airport runways without repair pickups on them and 2 plane spawns back-to-back on each of them and there would also be enough room to let 3 rustlers take off a carrier (2 back-to-back on top and 1 from the inside take off spot).

thats just my personal opinion but i would like to see a map like that for a test on the US[PHS]Server... :mrgreen:

Yeah, at the moment the boats are useless and the choppers are overpowered.....

But IF DM is ever released, we will script the Hydra's to have Lock On, and the SAM Sites to work.

Which will give people more of a reason to use the boats, to make it a little more even.

but untill then... it is pretty useless.

im still working on ship intoriers, i have 2 ships allmost fully done, the other 2 just have empty rooms.

so its still be ing worked on.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...