Anybody gonna shut the f*ck up and let them finish MTA SA DM

Guest Zire

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE WANT PERFECT RELEASE!!! WE WANT TONS OF MAPS AND GAMEMODES AND PRE-SCRIPTED ZOMBIES AND AND.... AND WE'RE GONNA PUSH FOR FULLY CUSTOMIZEBLE CHARACTERS AND MORE STUFF!!!!!! AND WE'RE GONNA PUSH THAT IN THE FIRST RELEASE!!!!!

Although I think you should really try to get that capslock of yours repaired there is a truth hidden in it. It started nice, nothing special, but with all these new 'luxury' shit things have gone way out of hand. They're now trying to fix bugs and soon they'll find out that the amount of bugs is way too many and too much can't be fixed for a good/stable release.

my estimation is that there will be no mta dm in the near future. Perhaps they'll rewrite the shit one day without all the luxury and there will be a stable release but I'm talking 2009 here.

I ain't reading that, so STFU. They said they won't release it.

Actually they said they are going to release it. Have you been living under a rock?

You should try putting yourself in the shoes of the community.

You say that like you are speaking for the community, but let me tell you, the community isn't as ungrateful as you are. Also, calling people suckups simply because they support the MTA team is incorrect. It's a good thing in some ways that the MTA team has took this long to release their mod, it really helps weed out losers like you who need to learn to think before they speak, or in this case type.

Once you've spent two years waiting, you can criticize my response. Untill then, get the fuck out. Because you're in no position to judge the rashness of my feelings when you yourself can't be put in my shoes.

I remember me and you talked about this before, but I still have questions. Are you implying that your long wait is justification for your lack of support towards the MTA team? We all have waited, just like you Rob.

Once you've spent two years waiting, you can criticize my response. Untill then, get the fuck out. Because you're in no position to judge the rashness of my feelings when you yourself can't be put in my shoes.

I remember me and you talked about this before, but I still have questions. Are you implying that your long wait is justification for your lack of support towards the MTA team? We all have waited, just like you Rob.

Hey Paul, I'd be happy to answer. The "justification" for my lack of support, is that when I supported them before, and I stayed loyal to MTA, and did not support other mods (IE: Rumble, GTA:T) [as did the rest of the community] we {or at least I} thought that loyalty would lead to them listening to the community that supported them; which asked that they deliver something we could use, until the time came for an "improvement" release.

For these kinds of local-e-community mods, a commercial style "Mostly-Bug-Proofed" release is very impractical, in my opinion, because the community isn't strong enough to last [as we have seen] the waiting period it takes for the work to pay off, in the form of a relatively solid release. Meanwhile; other mods (which will go unmentioned, to prevent fanflaming) have been gaining community members and loyal players, because they delivered what the community wanted; and meanwhile they've been improving what they have to provide a more stable, bugproofed mod as well.

I'm not saying that the long wait is justifying my anger, I'm saying that when my support and loyalty went unrewarded, I lost interest in supporting the mod.

Does that clear up the question? :)

Hey Paul, I'd be happy to answer. The "justification" for my lack of support, is that when I supported them before, and I stayed loyal to MTA, and did not support other mods (IE: Rumble, GTA:T) [as did the rest of the community] we {or at least I} thought that loyalty would lead to them listening to the community that supported them; which asked that they deliver something we could use, until the time came for an "improvement" release.

For these kinds of local-e-community mods, a commercial style "Mostly-Bug-Proofed" release is very impractical, in my opinion, because the community isn't strong enough to last [as we have seen] the waiting period it takes for the work to pay off, in the form of a relatively solid release. Meanwhile; other mods (which will go unmentioned, to prevent fanflaming) have been gaining community members and loyal players, because they delivered what the community wanted; and meanwhile they've been improving what they have to provide a more stable, bugproofed mod as well.

I'm not saying that the long wait is justifying my anger, I'm saying that when my support and loyalty went unrewarded, I lost interest in supporting the mod.

Does that clear up the question? :)

Yes it does, thanks Rob. :)

I've played SAMP a bit, and you know, the game crashes lots of times, and even the serverclient does not like when I try to costumize the size of the colums in the server list, and automatically goes to minimum size so I cant read anything but the very start of what it says.

I might play for 2 minutes, and it crashes.

But to me, its still a game, and I actually apricciate the guys behind SAMP more then the people behind SA:MTA:DM, cuz they actually released something, knowing it wasnt perfect, and has updated it ever since, using the community to report bugs to them.

To say that it does'nt bother me that the game crashes alot, would be a lie, but I still love to play it.

In the beginning I didnt realise there actually was an alternative to SA:MTA:DM, but actually, SAMP is great!

If there isnt a beta of MTA:SA:DM soon, the little that still have faith (and those who suck up, hoping to get into a "semi-beta" release if thats the case), people will find other things to do.

The new GTA is out soon, at least the people behind SAMP didnt make empty talk.

I've said this before, even last summer, I sat here about the same time, hoping that itd be out before summer vacation was over, and I checked the forums and there was talk about an upcoming release. A year has passed, and nothing.

Alot of more functions has come, and screenshot of today "wohoo disneyland at night". Jezez.. Who the fuck cares, people want to play. At least you've finally figured out that people needs more then flashy pictures to keep the little faith they have, so you're planning to make a "progress log" of some sort.

"Programming takes time", sounds like youre making your own OS.

Keep smoothing it over, the lack of progress dissapoints me.

Keep adding functions, and when its finally in beta, it'll be last years news.

Its already yesterdays news.

And for those who asks why I'm complaining in every reply or post I've made since I registered.. I've actually given any positive thought or reasonable doubt I could give in the several years. I've been following the progress, reading the msgboards, and whatever I wanted answers for, or to reply to, was already there. Nobody cares about another fucking "great job with a good progress but when is it out?" out of a 100 others.

When I made this account on the forum, I was fed up with empty promises and didnt know about SAMP. (THANK GOD FOR SAMP)

Bottom line..

Either stop making promises about progress, that is never followed through, and/or admit this project is dead and shut it down and admit its old and defeated for whatever reason or so you may feel like, trust me, nobody will be surprised.

OR

Start showing results. At least get the progress log up and running. I sat down and wrote this, and I believe many hate me even for just writing long replies (And you say -> I am bad <-). It does not take alot of effort.

Example:

"15.8.2007 - Car jumping through map bug fixed" That took me about 7 seconds to write.

Scary!

Start showing results. At least get the progress log up and running. I sat down and wrote this, and I believe many hate me even for just writing long replies (And you say -> I am bad <-). It does not take alot of effort.

Example:

"15.8.2007 - Car jumping through map bug fixed" That took me about 7 seconds to write.

Scary!

Well the comments you make aren't taken lightly.

If you wanted them to start showing results, and start being more specific about their progress, bug fixing, and updates, then why didn't you just say so?

Oh I have, do I need to find the quote?

Well the comments you make aren't taken lightly.

If you wanted them to start showing results, and start being more specific in their bug fixing logs, then why didn't you just say so instead of being such a prick?

Here's my edited post, answer the new question.

I've told them to make progress log. I dont remember what exactly the answer were, and I dont bother checking right now (maybe later). But as I recall,

"the pictures are enough proof things are happening".

"there will be a release soon"

"stfu and stop whining"

You know, I'm not an idiot. I know I'm whining, but when you take honor/glory for making something, you need to pay for that honor/glory, by making results.

Practically, by saying "we, the (glorious) MTA Team, are making a MTA for SA, in type of DM", you've basically made promises to the community, and whining is to be expected when the promises are not kept.

The glory is allready taken, by saying you'll make it, this puts developers in debt.

I'd rather "we'll see if we can make it." Yea, it wouldnt get as many people in the community, but nobody could hold anyone accountable for anything that isnt released, if that was to be the case.

I actually thought SA:Race was a rather temporary thing, but to me it seems like it turned into their "flagship" keeping them from sinking (loosing the community).

Bottom line..

Either stop making promises about progress, that is never followed through, and/or admit this project is dead and shut it down and admit its old and defeated for whatever reason or so you may feel like, trust me, nobody will be surprised.

OR

I can guarentee you this project is neither dead or old and defeated, it's probably the most active project on the GTA scene, we have people working around the clock, spending most of their free time aiming towards a release.

Some of the developers have dedicated SO much time and effort to this you wouldn't believe..

You need to learn some manners and give respect where it's due.

To you this is just another game to play, theres lots of them out there, take a second and imagine how much we want the public to enjoy this.

Bottom line..

OR

I can guarentee you this project is neither dead or old and defeated, it's probably the most active project on the GTA scene, we have people working around the clock, spending most of their free time aiming towards a release.

Some of the developers have dedicated SO much time and effort to this you wouldn't believe..

You need to learn some manners and give respect where it's due.

To you this is just another game to play, theres lots of them out there, take a second and imagine how much we want the public to enjoy this.

I believe the people behind SAMP wants people to enjoy it about a couple years more then you want them to.

(not sure when they released the first, but think about it.)

I've got my manners. I consider myself rather polite, a personal attack is uncalled for. I dont say you (as a person) are a bastard for not following my standard. I'm saying the MTA Team (for the record, that includes you), are telling people over and over "we're making progress" "we want the game out, probably more then you want it out" "its out soon", and seems to be stringing people along, for no good reason. (Give me a reason?)

So

Now that we have a MTA Team member here, tell me about the progress and whats left.

Or is that state secrets?

At least recently I've not seen any member of the MTA team post anything about the progress spesific.

All just say the same.

"Its out soon"

Its like you're sitting on the cure for cancer and you dont want anyone to beat you to it, so you wont tell anyone else, cuz they might steal it.

You can't personally attack me because im not solely responsible for any of the MTA teams actions or opinions, however you're responsible for your own.

We never (intentionally) give false information or string people along, we have been making progress, for a very long time.

The main reason its taking so long is because we've let it grow into a huge project with few boundaries, which I'm sure we've all learnt a lesson from.

I can't give a perfect, detailed list of whats left to do, because I'm not entirely sure, new things seem to pop up frequently and some will be left until a later release anyway.

Edit: if you have any more questions or thoughts for me or the rest of the team, come on IRC and have a chat, saves the forum being plastered with negative posts :wink:

You can't personally attack me because im not solely responsible for any of the MTA teams actions or opinions, however you're responsible for your own.

We never (intentionally) give false information or string people along, we have been making progress, for a very long time.

The main reason its taking so long is because we've let it grow into a huge project with few boundaries, which I'm sure we've all learnt a lesson from.

I can't give a perfect, detailed list of whats left to do, because I'm not entirely sure, new things seem to pop up frequently and some will be left until a later release anyway.

Edit: if you have any more questions or thoughts for me or the rest of the team, come on IRC and have a chat, saves the forum being plastered with negative posts :wink:

Nice way to bounce around my question.

Now lets try instead of telling me "things seem to pop up frequently", tell me what at least one of these things are.

I dont care if it has just been fixed, or if its still a bug, or whatever, these things cant be a state secret.

Its not like anyone is going to steal your bug.

And I've never asked for any information about how to fix it, in case youre worried the guys at SAMP may steal it. (They make things happen.. actually..)

So, lets see it, whats one of these new things that seem to "pop up frequently"?

Its a simple question, and I dont think it'll be answered.

Its not like I'm asking for a release date, nor a "status report", simply asked for one of the "new things that seems to pop up frequently".

So, when you go on personal attack on me, heres one for you:

You bounce around my question, and refer me to IRC, where most people here wont read what is said (cuz the ones that are on IRC are mostly idling). Is that what you've been spending the last 3 years learning? Or learning programming language?