Is MTA:Deathmatch EVER coming out?

Just to have a few things clear, I'm well aware I'm new here, but I've been following the socalled "progress" of this socalled "development" for as long as I can remember MTA being out.

Congrats on making MTA for VC and GTAIII, and a good client/server for GTA:SA Race.

I honor you for taking your time to make these, considering youre not getting payed and youre using your own free time as well.

However, it seems to me, like alot of stuff has been added to GTA:SA Deathmatch that could've been added in a later verision, like your waves on the sea, and a block in the middle of the air. (I might not be up to date with all the features).

To me, it seems like the development team is having fun adding features in their own world, testing this out amongst friends, for example, I see two screenshots for today, one with appearently some rockets blowing up a car (possibly a launcher), and one with a guy standing in front of what seems to be a crashing apache attack helicopter.

There has been several months since there seemed to be a reasonable functionally verision among beta testers, with cars and such.

Of course, what do I know, you can claim anything, since no beta is released to the public.

I think I speak for several people when I say the following:

I dont expect anything that comes out, to be bugfree. You dont have to show that you're better then the programmers at Microsoft (regarding bugs), you already have our respect for making these, but for Gods sake, stop putting up pictures as teasers for years, while this game is getting older and older, and your small group of people is having fun, keeping people waiting for something that possibly may never come.

Hey!

Prove me wrong!

Every single time someone has questioned when the release date would be, the only answer would come from a random "developer", stating either, or several of the following:

"There will be a beta soon"

"Soon can be next week or next month"

"Theres bugs in this"

Seriously, if the deathmatch isnt coming out soon, or at all, then stop giving people false hopes.

If you want to keep this part of the game to your little pack of friends, wich you've given no other impression of, then say so, and do so.

I cant blame people for start loosing hope in this.

I've checked in once in a while, and every time so much time has passed, that I thought at least a beta would be out for sure.

But no.

-Impervium

The community is dead, they know it and we know. I don't think anyone really cares anymore if this gets released or not, it passed its time long ago and the only people still waiting for it to comeout are hardcore fanboys.

Yea, we all know the community knows this, and you only have to look at the front page to see that they know it as well (and I quote) :

"Whenever there's no news, it doesn't mean nothing's happening! Be sure to check out our daily pictures as a showcast for our upcoming release."

To the MTA Team:

And when there IS news, it means something is happening for the beta testers, and we get to see others play a game we will never get to play ourselves.

And I say again, prove me wrong.

After all this time, you will need alot more then words to convince this community that this is still worth waiting for.

Dear Impervium.

I thought of acctually writing you something other than a 1 word answer lol, im going to be writing from a Fan point of view (i was a fan once, even know im in the MTA Team now... lol)

Anyways, i do agree where your comming from on this topic, yes i understand its taken a hell load of a long time with no sign of beta until now and quite frankly i respect the people who are still following this mod for a game that is, how old now? - 3-4 years?

MTA:DM is something to wait for i cant stress that enough, but as people say time is of the essence, so waiting for a mod to come out with "Teaser" pictures as you put it is annoying i understand that.

About your pictures comment saying practally that were posting images of people just playing about, well this is true yes because in relaility thats what the QA team does... If you want to test a mod, you want to test it how it would be played, and could mean chopping some one up with a apache or screwing about on some boxes in the air, hell why not? lol

Before you go saying "So all the QA Team do is play?", i wish to stop you there... No, we do ALOT more, most the time were working as hard as the developers creating new game modes to be released with the mod, writing documentation or testing certain aspects of the core - (Sure we dont just "Play about", we need to test our scripts)

Once again i understand that its been such a long long time, ive been a fan for 90% of the time MTA:DM had been announced and the other 10% is in the MTA Team itself, so i understand where you and others are comming from.

Please believe me when i say this: both the MTA Dev and QA team want this mod out, but certain aspects of the mod have to be polished before this is going to happen, You dont want to be playing a mod that crashed every 15 minutes would you? (< Thats just an example of what i mean by Polishing)

I hope i have answered most or all of your questions!

[/rant]

Well, I'm going to put an answer to the answer, from a fan's view, since some may have lost perspective once they became member of the MTA team.. I said "may".

MTA:DM is something to wait for i cant stress that enough

Thats easy for you to say, you're already playing it.

so waiting for a mod to come out with "Teaser" pictures as you put it is annoying i understand that.

I dont think this community want more pictures after all this time, I dont want pictures, I want to see that the MTA Team actually can make something happen with San Andreas, besides the MTA:Race, that ruined the whole GTA feeling of being able to do what you want, that GTA was built on, and made GTA popular.

I'm not saying there should be a release TOMORROW, but this team has become VERY cheap on the news section, instead, there is "picture of the day" posting what seems to be more and more useless features.

I dont really care if a chopper chops me up on hitting the rotorblades, or not, I just want to see a result.

To me, and I'm sure many others as well, it seems like you keep adding features to make it all coool and flashy, and wont release until the game WITH the featuers are tested out.

Ever heard of releasing something, and adding more features later? Seriously, I dont think people want to wait 2 years for "waves on the sea" to be perfected, or a fricken howercraft.

You dont want to be playing a mod that crashed every 15 minutes would you?

I would actually prefer having a mod crash on me every 15 minutes then no mod at all.

I forgot to say this before:

The community/public have seen no _real_ results besides the race mod, and that mod is a disgrace. I would settle for whatever verision you may have now, even if it crashed ever 5 or 15 minutes, thatd be 5 or 15 minutes more playing than you've given us for the last couple years.

I dont care for what you call "polishing":

last summer, I remember a member of the MTA Team wrote on the forum "we're done soon, we're just polishing off the big bug for a soon upcoming release".

You know what?

The MTA Team can just about now say whatever they want, they've lost the faith of the community, and are still trying to hide behind "programming/scripting takes time", and considering most people in the community dont know either, (or whats left of the community), these sounds like excuses just about a year ago, and today theyre just pathetic.

You know what I'd settle for, that you havent thought of?

"Weekly update"

Written, 200-300 words of the weekly progress (if there still is any).

You've lost the faith and respect of the community by not just semi-promising a beta or semi-public beta, but your news section sucks. You say you're straightening out bugs, but theres no news saying (example)

"20.6.2007: Fixed "Car-In-Water-Crash-Bug"

"This took testers a great amount of time to fix, due to one tester having experienced the bug, and the others having to recreate it, it took several attempts to do so."

Even though, I'm sure Id settle with the verision you got on your comp right now, but yet again, as you see, its not just me who thinks you will never release anything, look at the answers above yours.

People have lost faith in you, and its no-ones fault but yourselves.

-Impervium

What he said.

As he said* you should learn to talk normal english.

Impervium: Yes I agree with you, the reason the beta-testers are a bit egostic about it is because they are already playing it.

But they are doing all a hard work and they are doing it for free, I know you would like to contribute as well in a public beta test and as have been said it will be out soon hopefully (a public beta) however I respect the effort you put into your post but it's better to stay away a few months from the forums and come back when it's done rather than asking them all the time for something that wont be out soon :P

If you read the start of the topic, where I clearly state, I have taken alot of "staying away for a few months", and nothing has been happening.

Only a MTA:SA:Race mod, that practically raped everything GTA is famous for.

The freedom to do what you want, when you want, where you want.

Making it into a bad cargame ruined GTA as I know it.

And I remember last spring, they had alot of heat, since alot of users in the community was irritated over the long waiting, and the community asked "it does not need to be perfect for it to be released!"

And the team answered "its ready soon, we only need to brush away the biggest bugs.."

A year went, and to me it does'nt seem like were any closer today.

The news are barely coming out, and GTA IV is out.

Me, and this whole community have been waiting for things to happen. I wouldnt be surprised if someone actually bought the game just to experience MTA:SA:DM.

You're overlooking the point that this project made the community think (falsly? prove me wrong) that they would release a multiplayer verision of GTA:SA. And they've yet to prove it. No matter if they get payed or not, after all this time they practically owe the community some results after stringing people along for years.

Personally, I wouldnt be surprised if this is never coming out.

To me, it looks like theyre all talk, and no action.

They love putting in new features instead of actually releasing something playable.

I would bet, if I was a beta tester, I would spend my day finding bugs in the new releases instead of the multiplayer engine itself. And I bet this is what you call "all our hard work."

Of course, since you NEVER release any information about your work, and your progress, you can state anything you want, wich you have been too, for years!

"Programming takes time" "Bugtesting takes time".

Everyone, MARK --> EVERYONE <--, knows the best way to get a beta tested, is to release it, even an alpha. I'd play it even if it crashed after 5 minutes, and send whatever crashlog in to the developers.

But of course, they love to keep it to their own little community of friends, cuz its probably so pisspoor built it will never get released.

So all we got is a bunch of idiots driving boats in high waves and shoting some rockets at eachother, making rockets around the militarybase, who the fuck cares?!?!

If I could sit down and actually play a game without the waves, the rockets and all that shit, like MTA:VC only for San Andreas, with a better sync then SAMP, then I'd be happy.

But of course, these developers hasnt come to the conclusion that "time is of the effort" and "what people want is what you get".

Instead they play their own little shitgame and whenever someone asks questions about it, they whine about it taking time to program, script, whatever, and the beta testers "sweating their ass off", Yea, I'm sure the beta testers are burning alot of calories sitting their ass in the chair bugtesting your new features, being added every fucking day.

I'd be surprised if this ever comes out.

But it does'nt.

And as I said before:

Prove me wrong, shitfaces.

-Impervium

Making it into a bad cargame ruined GTA as I know it.

I'm sorry, but 1: Grand Theft AUTO

GTA is meant to be about the cars, and thats exactly what the MTA Team put back into the game when they developed Race. The single player game itself only contains 1 or 2 car missions, all of which, tbh, were crap.

Also, yes, I too am becoming weary of waiting for this mod, and yes, GTA San Andreas is now an outdated game, since it was released in 2004. However, MTA Deathmatch will need the "useless" features tbh, because if all you could do was run around and shoot someone, with no effect apart from them dying, I would get bored pretty quick. The features add to the fun of the game, and if they weren't there in an initial release, you would probably be posting this same thing again just about the lack of features instead, not the lack of a mod to actually play.

To anyone who has ever whined about DM:

If you have all these great ideas and feel that there are things that could be done differently, then why aren't you part of the dev team? Or can't you just put in some effort to learn script LUA and offer your help to the devs and make a difference? Have you put up any effort to CHANGE the current situation, or did you just come on the forums to blow off steam because you're pissed at something else?

These days everyone's whining about DM not coming out and whatnot, and somehow they think whining about it will make the devs work harder, or at least release a public beta. But the truth is, the devs hold all the cards, it's their game and if they say it's not done and they're working on it, then that's the extent of what you'll know about their progress!

I suggest all of you start trying to help the MTA team instead of just telling them what a shoddy job they're doing, if you have programming experience then maybe you could help them that way, or if you can learn LUA then you could help them that way. Or MAYBE you could just give them a pat on the back and say "Keep up the good work guys!"

To the MTA devs:

Keep up the good work guys!

I'll wait for as long as you need to get DM to quality you want it, and I will help you in any way I can.

I'd be surprised if this ever comes out.

be prepared, you might get a heart attack :roll:

you said MTA:Race is a pos why don't you tell that to the tens of thousands of people who played it and still play it, not to mention thousands of maps were created for it of which many are ingenious or just insane making you think "how on earth did they come up with that?"

I'll just quote AlienX:

Please believe me when i say this: both the MTA Dev and QA team want this mod out...

nobody can deny it has taken an awful lot of time and I know everyone is sick of waiting, will whining change anything? there are people who whine there are no news, others whine becuase they get news but not a release, when the POTD isn't updated some whine they want pictures, when you get one every they you whine because you see new features, imagine yourself in the dev's shoes... -.- speaking of 'features', you think this is the main reason that slows development down, well you're wrong there, these 'features' are created by the testers and not by the developers so I don't see how they have an effect on the development

anyway you'll be surprised when it comes out, you'll realise that it didn't took 'forever' and it's not 2069 yet..

PS) In the meantime keep writing 236 line posts wasting people's time who read them

Learn proper english, and stop sucking up to the "developers".

You know, you saying "its made by the tester", sounds to me like just another excuse, and you, nor anybody else, seem to be able to get that into your head (besides the people who's also sick of waiting for something that will never come).

I'd want to see results and not more excuses.

For all those who sucks up to the developers, stop trying to argue against me until someone can tell me straight why this isnt out yet, and features keeps getting added.

And I wont be told a dumb excuse.

Of course, now I will have countless replies of people not having a clue either, like the one above me here, whos not a part of the MTA team, but still, sucks the weiners of the MTA Team, being their self appointed defender.

And to the other guy: Yodaa:

You obviously forgot the 2 first words.

You stated "Grand Theft Auto", ergo, you think Grand Theft Auto is a strictly car game.

Grand Theft --> wops? someone forgot.. it was actually possible.. once upon a time... to steal your own car.. a car of your choice.. whenever you wanted to.. whatever car you felt like stealing..

Smartass.

Think before you write.

And to the MTA Team, you keep dissapointing us.

Hell freezes over before DM is out, now SA is old news thanks to your retardness.

-Impervium

And to the other guy: Yodaa:

You obviously forgot the 2 first words.

You stated "Grand Theft Auto", ergo, you think Grand Theft Auto is a strictly car game.

Grand Theft --> wops? someone forgot.. it was actually possible.. once upon a time... to steal your own car.. a car of your choice.. whenever you wanted to.. whatever car you felt like stealing..

Smartass.

Think before you write.

negative3yw7.jpg

Yeah, that made sense. :roll:

norby is in the team....

Wow he is? Really? I'd say that's no shit.. You could tell by 1000 meters far away who is in the team and who is not, in his poor post where the guy is telling us to wait and have patience yet he he doesn't have any himself (obviously he was so eager to play that he joined the team) which makes his whole defensive post worth no more than my shit.

Btw I gotta go take a dump in the toilet, I'll be thinking about Norby's post while I'm at it :fadein:

Edit: The censored words are S-H-I-T - Just to inform you..

look, I don't agree with all the cursing and whining but what I agree with imperium (or whatever) at only one thing.

If you arent going to release the mod at least give us weekly updates. Thats all, I don't need the mod, just show some interest in the community.

and whatever happened to the weekly Lua tut's?

If you keep taking away stuff like that and not release the mod of course everyone will lose interest.

Atleast give us something to read about progress instead of those pictures who do nothing except making us want it more.

Lol, I am new here, But I have been an MTA fan sence the begining. I was hoping something was gonna be released before my 1st, Highschool year. But A week left, I might not get to play it if it's later than sooner. Also that it's been looming for quite a while, And I hope it get's released before october (moving to alabama, :/) and I won't be on till we get a New truck. :redhotevil:

But, I will wait, patiently for the best thing so far (GTA IV to be soon) and Halo 3()()() :)

@Impervium chill out, we're all mad but cursing really is not good for a rant topic.

you said MTA:Race is a pos why don't you tell that to the tens of thousands of people who played it and still play it, not to mention thousands of maps were created for it of which many are ingenious or just insane making you think "how on earth did they come up with that?"

Whoa tens of thousands? How fast people forget reality, RACE isn't played by more than 1000 people any more(i'd say 500 but that wouldn't be counting USA and Canada).

In reality this mod is now competitor to Knights of the Force, for those of you that do not know, Kotf was meant to be released before ohhh 2-3 years? And every time its "getting released" the idiotic turkish developer pops up with a new excuse(polishing the game, on holiday, hdd brake down, old backup, hosting went down, my family got screwed up and so on).

So either STOP POLISHING or bury this mod once and for all so we can go wait for something else.

Whoa tens of thousands? How fast people forget reality, RACE isn't played by more than 1000 people any more(i'd say 500 but that wouldn't be counting USA and Canada).

I wasn't too clear in my post, yes Race is still played by ~1000 people showing it's pretty popular and over 1 year since it was released tens of thousands played it, my point is that the 'other guy' underestimates it too much..

PS) @ the 'other guy': I don't know where you wanna end up with this, you just talk crap about the team not working at all and having fun all day long, that their mod is shit and they're only talk, expecting them to send you a build "here sir, would you like some chocolate with that"? you are the person who will change everything! after reading your posts the devs will want to work harder "let's finish this already, the almighty Imperversum is impatient and wants to play" yeah great motivation for the team I must say...

I wonder why people have this idea that behind the scenes all of the developers just play and have loads of fun and purposely not release the mod just to feel special.

The truth is, the devs are obviously working hard behind the scenes to get this thing done, whether or not people believe that is really irrelevant, the work will continue at the same pace, the same people will be working on the same code.

The point I'm making is, you can't expect a thread to make the difference between them releasing today and not releasing today.

What he said.

As he said* you should learn to talk normal english.

Impervium: Yes I agree with you, the reason the beta-testers are a bit egostic about it is because they are already playing it.

But they are doing all a hard work and they are doing it for free, I know you would like to contribute as well in a public beta test and as have been said it will be out soon hopefully (a public beta) however I respect the effort you put into your post but it's better to stay away a few months from the forums and come back when it's done rather than asking them all the time for something that wont be out soon :P

Actually, "Yeah, what he said", "Whatever he said" etc. is the same thing as "What he said".

By the way, capitalize English, fix egostic (it's egoistic), and use some periods once in awhile. Just don't criticize others in a useless post when you can't even speak for yourself.

As for the main issue, people say that we don't work hard. Are YOU in the QA Team? Are YOU a developer? Are YOU behind the scenes? No? Then shut the fuck up, because you don't know ANYTHING.

And yes, we're working hard. >_>

Are YOU in the QA Team? Are YOU a developer? Are YOU behind the scenes? No? Then shut the :o up, because you don't know ANYTHING.

I have to agree with Xanarki here.

Look Impervium, you keep going on about the dev team adding features, and if you want to know the truth, then here it is.

The dev team have been on a feature freeze for quite awhile now, so no new features have been added by the dev team.

the MTA Team is made up of 3 seperate teams which at the end of the day work 2getha, These teams are:

The Developers

The Scripters

The Mappers

The devs ovisually just fix everything up, come into tests to find bugs/crashes and attempt to fix them.

The Scripters on the other hand have just as a hard job as the developers do, they sit there in their free time scripting fun and enjoyable game modes for you guys to have and use on your own servers when this product reaches your hard drive.

The Mappers are people who are highly talented in creating maps, most mappers also fall into the scripting team too, so they have maps and scripts to make (For example Norby89 which you were extremely rude too).

You also have to remember that the Scripters and the Mappers also have to write the documentation for this mod, thats documentating every aspeect of the game, from downloading the file, to giving examples of what the scripting functions do, beleve me this isnt an easy job and its very time consuming.

I like it how you say "Thats easy for you to say, your allready playing it" for the reply on my post, but in relilaty i would not be able to say that if i were not had played it allready!

Every person in the MTA:Team isnt there just to "Enjoy Themselvs", being in the MTA Team is more like being in a part time job (or even a full time job for some of the guys), i personally dont like to your "Everyone seems to just be fookin around" attuitude, sure you been waiting for a long long time for this to come out, but seriously think about this... What is posting a thread calling us "Retards" going to do about it?, Grow up and bite the bullet that your just going to have to wait for it, and if you dont want to wait any longer posting here isnt going to help.