Will MTA work if...

Guest AcidSoldier01

It's just a network connection to my sister's computer, allowing me to use the internet, she still lives with me and my mother*. It's the only one with internet and I don't pay the bills, so I can't get another.

* My dad died in november.

EDIT: It's a lan cable that's slicing the connections.

It sounds like you probs use a Proxy Server thats setup on the PC with the internet connection...

If you do use a proxy, you wont be able to play any online games (unless they support it, which hardly any do)

You can find out if your using a proxy server by following these steps:

(IE ONLY)

1) Open Internet Explorer

2) Select Tools > Internet Options

3) Goto the Connections tab, and select LAN Settings

If "Use a proxy server for your LAN" is ticked then i would assume you are using one.

If it is ticked, try to untick it and see if you can still get to a website, if you cant then you are 100% using a proxy server and not a NAT Gateway.

Proxies are unreliable and cause incompatibilities with most games nowadays. If you're connected by Ethernet, i suggest you try enabling Internet Connection Sharing on your Sister's computer. You can then set your own PC to connect to the internet via her PC (use the network connection wizard). You should be then connected without the use of proxies - and hopefully that'll solve your problem.

Proxies are unreliable and cause incompatibilities with most games nowadays. If you're connected by Ethernet, i suggest you try enabling Internet Connection Sharing on your Sister's computer. You can then set your own PC to connect to the internet via her PC (use the network connection wizard). You should be then connected without the use of proxies - and hopefully that'll solve your problem.

I'm not on an Ethernet (I think) but I am using Internet connection sharing with proxies, I can't get another type.

I'm really sorry to hear for the loss of your father. Losing a very close person is always hard to accept. But, you shouldn't give up on getting your internet to work properly.