Donations

RA

I realize the MTA team does not require (or even expect) payment for MTA. However, I know of a number of volunteer projects that provided the option for its users to donate. In the case of games, all they received was a little icon next to their name. Nevertheless, this did generate a notable amount of revenue.

Throughout the development of MTA, there have been long delays, some attributable to the lives and jobs of the developers taking precedence. If the developers could either use this as a justification to spending more time on the project, or the ability to hire others to do it, perhaps it would be easier to develop and continue to support MTA once it is released.

Perhaps there is some licensing agreement with RockStar that precludes this from happening, but it would be interesting to know how many people would be willing to pay $5 to support a game they like.

Well I dont know how to use paypal, but if I had an adress I could send the 5$'s to by mail I would do it. I've been playing since the end of mtavc 0.1 and thats more than 5 dollers of play. If anything I think rockstar owes u guys money, in a sence, cause the only reason I bought GTA was for MTA, prolly with other people as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I wounder if I donated a large whale to IJs, would Rockstar sue? The MTA team has explained a few times why donations, although appreciated, would cause too many problems (mainly legal), when they already have enough problems working out bugs on the next release. I still don't think there's any laws against donating large whales to the developers.

End of the day it’s the accreditation from the public that matters most instead of a few quid’s worth of money.

Everything that’s happened to me just by being a player, a £5 note isn’t too bad to credit for.

I don't think they'd sue, i mean they're Rockstar, not EA or Valve or something. I doubt they'd even care.

They're not Microsoft ;)

Ms wud have killed Mta long before first version was even released...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...