beta status update??

hmm well i have already started planning a server, which once it is released will be instantly on the server list. i hope i can be invited to the semi-public release :D, so i can try out the stuff. how can we make maps for the server once it starts?

What is a beta test for, if not to find bugs? People would know when they download the beta that it is not yet fully polished. As long as it is generally playable and doesn't consistently crash, players will be satisfied.

If the devs feel it has to be perfect before they release, then they should never release it at all.

What is a beta test for, if not to find bugs? People would know when they download the beta that it is not yet fully polished. As long as it is generally playable and doesn't consistently crash, players will be satisfied.

If the devs feel it has to be perfect before they release, then they should never release it at all.

we don't want it to be perfect, there are still a few crashes that need to be resolved and a few other issues

hmm well i have already started planning a server, which once it is released will be instantly on the server list. i hope i can be invited to the semi-public release :D, so i can try out the stuff. how can we make maps for the server once it starts?

I donno if the map editor will be available to you in the beta tests, so you probably won't be able to.

can we hear a little bit more about the remaining issues or is it still under wraps.

It's mainly gameplay bugs and crashes, but the crashes are getting solved pretty quickly now thanks to our recent tests.

Don't do the semi beta based on people without lives (meaning, who are constantly on the communication channel or whatever (like SA-MP... the ones with no life get the chance, while peole who deliver great commentry, suggestions etc have no chance at all).

Just point at some people and say: you guys are chosen, others aren't (I'd say, pick clans ... pick "small communities". They are the ones who can give constructive criticism + know what players really want).

Because else, people with no life/12 year olds will f*ck the beta up (and yes, it'll result in "Z0mg h4ve y0u play3d MT4S4!!!!11!!" or "bugz found, h4xxxor".

ps: I'm not saying I want to be in the beta ... far from so you can put those comments of "hey prick, you want yourself to test it right?" away. I just want to help/give some word of advice

Because else, people with no life/12 year olds will f*ck the beta up (and yes, it'll result in "Z0mg h4ve y0u play3d MT4S4!!!!11!!" or "bugz found, h4xxxor".

well if the team picks members from the community for the closed beta obviously '12 year old nubs' will have less chance of being chosen, they will choose people who can be trusted (mostly IRC/forum regulars)

probably more people will be needed close to the public release to stress test the servers and see how stable the mod is with larger amount of players

If u ask me, big part of the community is way under 18 years old (i know, they couldn't even play GTA...) and it's ain't a fair thing to make a statement over those guys out in the community, just because there are some idiotic lame ass b*tches around the world... I know i'm not 18 too, but i never had any thought of killing someone (like the idiots out the usa and other countries) just because it plays a big part of a videogame :S