Suggestion - prepackaged scripts

RA

It has become apparent that many of the requested features will be readily implementable via Lua, and this is a good thing. Of these features, however, there are probably a number of scripts that would benefit the majority. That is to say that these scripts are probably best packaged with the game so that everyone doesn't have to go to the trouble of downloading them.

I propose that during the beta, if a script is determined to be something that lots of people use, it be added to the final DM server release, and that they be enabled by default. If the server admin decides they do not want them, they would be easy to remove.

If this is not acceptable, then at least an additional official package of recommended scripts would be nice to have.

I'm guessing that the MTA team has a set of "vanilla" scripts that people can use. (and thats probably what majority of servers will use for the first 2 weeks). The MTA team probably won't release a pack of "community edition" scripts since they have the MTA centre.

I have a different question about game-modes and scripts. Will MTA:DM use something similar to samp for their modes? What i mean is specify a certain game-mode script/map, and then a seperate place to specify filterscripts (as samp calls them) being scripts that can be used in any game-mode independently (ex: admin commands, RP actions, etc...)

i currently have a map with almost 15000 objects

i and others want a race/dm mode but do it this way

1 map file is loaded once on join

with tons of random spawns

2 the race spawnpoints and checkpoints should be in seperate files for that map so one for each race layout on that map

3 while in free roam dm mode the server should ask at admin set time intervals " would you like to race?" and anyone replying yes or some preset answer, would then spawn at the race spawnpoints when the race starts and while in the same map.

and anyone who didnt answer is still in dm mode in the same map

so you could be racing through the middle of fire fights going on etc

and when the race is over you just keep playing from whatever vehicle and place you are in when you cross the finish line and or the race ends.

what do you think?

i hope the mta guys are reading this you want modes? this is the one everyone wants.

It has become apparent that many of the requested features will be readily implementable via Lua, and this is a good thing. Of these features, however, there are probably a number of scripts that would benefit the majority. That is to say that these scripts are probably best packaged with the game so that everyone doesn't have to go to the trouble of downloading them.

I propose that during the beta, if a script is determined to be something that lots of people use, it be added to the final DM server release, and that they be enabled by default. If the server admin decides they do not want them, they would be easy to remove.

If this is not acceptable, then at least an additional official package of recommended scripts would be nice to have.

There will be an official game mode pack that will come with the server, just as there was an official race map pack with the Race release.

I have a different question about game-modes and scripts. Will MTA:DM use something similar to samp for their modes? What i mean is specify a certain game-mode script/map, and then a seperate place to specify filterscripts (as samp calls them) being scripts that can be used in any game-mode independently (ex: admin commands, RP actions, etc...)

You can run any number of scripts at the same time, so yes.

There will already be a ton of pre-made scripts. As a matter of fact, the Team is currently making them now as we speak. That is all were waiting for really...

That isn't true. The MTA team isn't making any scripts, the QA team is. The release depends upon the state of the mod itself, not on the scripts. If the mod was finished and there were no completed scripts, it would probably just release without them.

• 2 weeks later...