iPhones

orappa

Well, it hasn't got many features but the features it does have are done well (UNLIKE my current phone), although I was disappointed at the lack of Flash support in Safari but that's an easy software update when the time comes.

iPhones suck bad.

1) You cant put your mp3 songs as ringtones

2) It has no games

3) It does not support flash

4) No built-in chat progs

5) Doesn't support MMS

6) Can't record video

7) Only 2mpx cam

8) No voice calls (like activate something or call somebody with voice)

9) Doesn't support A2DP (you wont be able to listen to your stereo music on bluetooth headfones)

10) You can't put standart headfones in

11) It has no GPS

12) You can't take off its battery to replace it

13) No memory cards

Enough for me not to even look at the phone.

Nokia smartphones > Sony ericsson > * > iPhone

Ok, how can every single phone ever made beat the iPhone when very few of them have all of the features you mentioned?

The iPhone beats other phones in terms of phoning people, which is the whole point of buying a phone in the first place.

You have got to be kidding me? The retail price is a joke.

Sure it has its fair with the multimedia and internet-enabled options, lovers of both will be happy to have such an item in their own pocket but I just don’t really understand the whole hype over a glorified iPod nano.

That phone’s going to be covered in a mess of fingerprints and scratched up eventually like all the rest.

I challenge you to scratch the thing. It's pretty hard. I saw a video where they beat up an iPhone and at the end of it, the chrome was worn but the screen was still in perfect condition. It's premium grade glass and the thing is built like a rock. That's what you're paying for (also why you can't remove the battery, I'd imagine).

Ok, how can every single phone ever made beat the iPhone when very few of them have all of the features you mentioned?

The iPhone beats other phones in terms of phoning people, which is the whole point of buying a phone in the first place.

Nearly every nokia smartphone has all those funcs in it

Nokia smartphones > Sony ericsson > * > iPhone

So what you actually meant to say was:

Nokia smartphones > iPhone

As for me, I really don't care about games or ringtones or taking millions of high quality photos (if you want high quality pics why are you looking at phone cameras in the first place?) but I like the iPhone for the following reasons:

1. I know for a fact it will work with my Mac

2. It's really well-made. That thing's not going to break easily

3. It's intuitive, UNLIKE my current phone where I spend ages going through the menus trying to find what I want

4. It has "proper" internet (albeit without Flash or Java but that's an easy software upgrade when the time comes, and it's something that I use rarely anyway. The only Flash site I visit regularly is YouTube and that's supported (at better quality, might I add))

5. Really good voice quality when making calls

6. It has email (which I use a lot) that I know is compatible with the services I use

7. Visual Voicemail is REALLY useful, and something I'd definitely use

8. It's really easy to make 3 way calls which is something I'd never worked out how to do before with other phones, and it's something I would make use of frequently.

9. Massive screen that you can zoom in and out on and turn sideways. Makes it a lot easier to browse the internet.

The whole point of the iPhone isn't the features - it's how the features are implemented. That's what's revolutionary about it.

P.S. I think it's only a matter of time before OS X widgets are converted for use on the iPhone, which would be REALLY useful, particularly Delivery Status (for package tracking), Gas (for gas price listings for a particular zip code) and Sticky Notes (I use far too many of them).

P.P.S. Note how often I used the term "useful", as in "will improve my productivity and make my life easier". Are crappy phone games and MP3 ringtones really a useful feature?

i will buy a nokia n95 sometime soon. even if iPhones were available here i'd still choose the nokia.

and if what lil toady said is true i am simply amazed:

no mp3s for ringtones?

no games?

can't record video?

can't replace battery?

lol, that's terrible, even my over 2 year old nokia 6630 can do all that :D

it has no keys, touchscreen is nice, but using it all the time must be annoying. also it doesn't have any 3G capabilities. dunno how that is in america, but here in europe even some cheaper phones have 3G.

the only thing in the iphones favour is its fancy GUI, otherwise it's just another phone

1. I know for a fact it will work with my Mac

Ah yea, forgot you're an apple fan :P

6. It has email (which I use a lot) that I know is compatible with the services I use

Yeah, it has email (like every nokia) but in Nokia emails are pushed to the phone mind iPhone, checkes for them itself after some interval of time which makes it use a way more bandwidth, don't forget that gprs/wap costs much more in GSM than in G3 or UMTS

iPhone has push email too, via Yahoo, but it makes no difference anyway because it has no bandwidth charges for data (the main reason why I rarely use my current phone's WAP).

and if what lil toady said is true i am simply amazed:

no mp3s for ringtones?

no games?

can't record video?

can't replace battery?

lol, that's terrible, even my over 2 year old nokia 6630 can do all that

1. Oh my god, how will the world go on without MP3 ringtones?

2. See #1. Not an essential feature.

3. Yeah, I can see this as an issue for some people more than others.

4. It has really good battery life, even with Bluetooth and Wifi activated. But I have to ask - have you ever changed the battery on your current phone? Most people haven't, they just charge it when it runs out, so this isn't a major issue.

ok, you're right, the only vital thing there is video :P

about the battery: i changed it once on my very first phone, but with the others it stayed ok. however with the nokia n95 i will probably buy a bigger battery as soon as it comes out. from what i have heard the default one only lasts for a day if you use the fancy functions a lot.

what do you mean the iPhone has no bandwidth charges for data? that is not possible except if the provider has a special offer exclusively for the iphone.

Jon seems a little out numbered. Its not surprising considering all the criticism the iPhone has received for things such as its current high retail price and the fact that people are going crazy over it trying to get one (some even see it as a "fad" kindof thing). The fact is, the iPhone is receiving the same criticisms any new "high-tec" gadget receives when its first released. Critics usually focus on simple tasks its not capable of doing, or how its "features" are highlighted greater than its original purpose (in this case, its a phone)

• 4 months later...