MTA:VC Development Thread

Thats true, it's nice to see people still want improvement, but yea, it really simple. If people don't like the game anymore, they go over to another game they do like, and don't come back that easly. It's a pitty in my eyes, there were sucha great times in MTA VC. But ah well, I cannot say more about it, I hope for those who're still giving any attempt of new synch and weapons etc, good luck.

I'm the only one working on it. My two other team-members don't help much; Mr.Smith I haven't seen since July, and Hiddenshadow only explained a few things... don't really need his help.

I can't figure out sync... doesn't make any sense to me. So can't do anything in that regard. I checked to see if the Spaz was unsynced, and it's not synced. Just wanted to make sure.

1.4.1 FINAL:

Passenger helifix was still broken. Fixed.

Disabled drive-by in vehicles. It’s unsynced, so why waste the ammo?

Added the Hammer to the downtown Ammunation.

Fixed some VCC spawn points’ z-angles.

A trivial update to some threads. Replaced some global vars with locals.

That's the changes since the last version. This one's final.

IJs isn't on IRC right now, but I'll talk to him when he gets on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
The client doesnt change :)

???

I removed a lot of debug code from Stunt and that allowed me to put interiors into Stunt. Also fixed a minor bug relating to the radar graying in the stadium.

IJs recompiled the client for me a while ago but the game did not load completely. I apologize for the outrageously long delay in getting this released.

I will ask IJs if he could add support for the Steam versions of VC + GTA3 and also remove the MTA error reporter.

The client doesnt change :)

???

I removed a lot of debug code from Stunt and that allowed me to put interiors into Stunt. Also fixed a minor bug relating to the radar graying in the stadium.

IJs recompiled the client for me a while ago but the game did not load completely. I apologize for the outrageously long delay in getting this released.

I will ask IJs if he could add support for the Steam versions of VC + GTA3 and also remove the MTA error reporter.

Nice to see some action again :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to post an update.

I've fixed the VCC bug (as said earlier in the thread, it was a simple fix... it just took me a year to find it :() and added Pay n Sprays. I probably won't bother adding Pay n Sprays to Stunt as vehicles are invulnerable and I'm out of memory in Stunt too. I also added the rest of the garages and cleaned up quite a bit of code.

EDIT: It seems that the motorcycle bug is engine-related, not MTA related. I tried getting on a motorcycle as a passenger in single player with no driver and the game crashed. Unfortunately I don't have enough free memory to try to make another workaround so this may go unfixed. The last workaround I tried had issues, anyway. I will test the workaround again and if it seems to work fine, then I'll just remove some of the garages in order to free up memory. I finally updated the first post, too. Updated changelog.

EDIT2:

The motorcycle fix is bugged. I couldn't get on as passenger after somebody else got on as driver (but they could after I got on as driver, weird... but whatever). The Cleaver & Machete seem to be partially synced as in another player can attack you and you see them attacking but they don't see you attacking (nor do they lose HP) so those don't work. Hammer is still VCC's melee weapon and the hammer is the only weapon in the tool shops.

Passenger code existed for the Pizza Boy which is only a one-person vehicle. I've removed that code in both DM and Stunt, and with the memory freed up in Stunt I was able to add Pay'n'Sprays. Woo. Otherwise, no changes.

Tested armor and it's all good, as are Pay'n'Sprays and interiors. I think it's done.

• 3 months later...

I can't really improve it anymore. If the client source is released and I had some C++ coders, then I would probably be able to make some slow progress with memory addresses and sync improvements. There's really nothing to do until or unless a 0.5 source is released. A stress test with 26 players might be useful, but that seems a bit much to ask for.

Here's the final changelog, though.

DM SCM CHANGELOG:

BUGS FIXED:

• Vice City Crusader having 200 armor after respawning fixed.

• Fixed death upon exiting a helicopter as a passenger.

• Implemented check for being dead inside cars.

• Disabled drive-by in vehicles because it’s not synced.

• The Machete is not synced. Changed VCC's melee weapon to the Hammer.

• Yellow Rancher at North Point Mall fixed.

• Silenced Ingram (Tec10) at Leaf Links fixed.

• Fixed some VCC spawn points’ z-angles.

• Corrected two pickups that had incorrect Z coordinates.

• Fixed many door/lift Z angles to stop infinite loops if you were holding down the "forward" key.

• If you pick up money, it will be removed shortly thereafter, as money has no purpose in MTA DM.

• The unused Sabre Turbo's coordinates tweaked to prevent it from falling off the spawn roof in some cases, and stopped it from spawning in Little Haiti sometimes.

• Stopped some spawn roof actors' models from being loaded twice. Saves memory.

• Removed some completely unused/useless code.

• Cleaned up quite a bit of code.

FEATURES ADDED:

• All Pay’n’Sprays functioning.

• All of the interiors implemented. Print Works, Rifle Range, Lawyer's Office, Apartment 3C, VROCK Recording Studio, Love Fist "Temple of Rock", Biker Bar, Auntie Poulet's house, and Café Robina.

• Lifts implemented: Hyman Condos, Gonzalez' House (directly behind the Malibu; Gonzalez was the guy you had to kill in "Treacherous Swine"), the VCN building, and the Bank Vault lift.

• All garages opened.

• Yellow Cheetah moved into "Sir, Yes Sir!" garage.

• Moved Maverick and PCJ600 (yellow) spawns. The Maverick spawns on the Helipad, and the PCJ nearby the small pier next to the bridge. Looks more realistic.

• Ambulances added; one replaced red BF Injection downtown, the other replaced the Virgo at the Sailor spawn. The first one can be found at Vice Point Hospital, and the second one can be found parked in the alleyway by the Little Havana Hospital.

• Fire Truck moved to the Fire Department downtown. Again, looks more realistic.

• Added all of the missing objects from Cortez's boat; furniture on the deck, door textures, the getaway boat, and the gangplank.

• Removed the Cleaver from the tool shops as it's not synced, and added the Hammer at the North Point Mall and Downtown tool shops.

• Golf Club spawns near the Caddy at Leaf Links.

• Secret Service striped suit skin spawn moved to the bottom of the stairs.

• Spawn menu cleaned up; no more "known rivals". (here's a picture.)

• MTA 0.4 help marker removed.

• A second type of newspaper is enabled. (here's a picture.)

STUNT SCM CHANGELOG:

BUGS FIXED:

• Fixed death upon exiting a helicopter as a passenger.

• Implemented check for being dead inside cars.

• Stopped some spawn roof actors' models from being loaded twice. Saves memory.

• Removed a lot of debug code in order to free up memory for interiors.

• Cleaned up quite a bit of code.

FEATURES ADDED:

• All Pay’n’Sprays functioning.

• All of the interiors implemented. Print Works, Rifle Range, Lawyer's Office, Apartment 3C, VROCK Recording Studio, Love Fist "Temple of Rock", Biker Bar, Auntie Poulet's house, and Café Robina.

• All garages opened.

• Added all of the missing objects from Cortez's boat; furniture on the deck, door textures, the getaway boat, and the gangplank.

• Mission "G-Spotlight" stairs and ladder extended for stunting purposes.

• A second type of newspaper is enabled. (here's a picture.)

OTHER FIXES (non-SCM):

• Updated american.gxt. Condensed the file to 48kb (originally 410kb) by removing most of the cut scene data and most useless credits. I’ve added some text data for a few interiors which had no related text. Also fixed a typo. This has been tested thoroughly and there are no bugs.

A stress test with 26 players might be useful, but that seems a bit much to ask for.

I'm sure something like that could be arranged without bigger problems :wink:. To be honest, I haven't personally even had Vice City installed on my PC for some months now but this would be a good reason to re-install. :lol:

Oh and just came into my mind. Have you had any chance to find any possible fix for the minimap blibs problem when using version 1.1 of Vice City?

Oh and just came into my mind. Have you had any chance to find any possible fix for the minimap blibs problem when using version 1.1 of Vice City?

I thought about that for a while, but I don't even know the underlying cause or how the blips work in SCM.

I have also tried to fix the "drive the motorbike (unsynced) while being passenger" bug by disabling the controls when you're a passenger but that didn't work. It seems that it's a VC engine bug since VC-MP had the same problem. A fix implemented in the client would probably work though. Same with the motorcycle passenger crash when there's no driver; a client fix would most likely fix that as well. I was able to fix the latter in SCM but it broke sync in certain conditions.

EDIT:

Added Pay'n'Spray radar blips in DM (can't fit them in stunt due to lack of memory). I also made the spawn menu begin at the Robber spawn instead of swooping from the Lighthouse to the Robber spawn, so it loads slightly faster.

I'm out of free memory in both SCMs. Can't do anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
How is this going? My friends and I play MTA:VC almost every day :oops: i can't wait! :D

With VCO out I haven't been trying to get the source. Last time I asked was February 22, 2009:

[12:45] hi, has the team made a decision regarding releasing the source of 0.5 yet?

[13:29] we dont want to release the sources right now, im sorry

[13:31] ok, thanks

[13:32] would you consider releasing them in the future?

[14:01] perhaps some day, its a real messy project

[14:01] alright well, thank you for your time

I may ask again after MTASA 1.0 is released.

The update itself has been complete for months now. If you want I could send you the files if you and your friends really want to stick to playing MTA:VC.

• 1 month later...