The Future

Perhaps this is premature, but I was wondering what the plans are for the MTA team after DM (final) has been released. There will probably have to be a maintenance update for minor issues, but I can't see that as taking a significant amount of effort.

So, are there lots of new neat features that have been put off for now that will be taken back up for a future "2.0" release?

Or will the team move onto building mods for the now "complete" engine?

Or maybe this is close to the end? Some projects run their course and the main developers loose the motivation needed to implement new features.

I bet there's gonna be a lot of bugfixing, because no good product is ever ready. :)

I doubt they'll do a DM for GTA4 since it'll have a DM of it's own, and it'll have a totally different engine, which would mean abandonment of Blue and spending a lot of time on a brand new multiplayer mod. Besides, they are people too and they need to rest.

orly

haha what a productive post there, anyway, i think the MTA team will likely stick together after release and continue work on Blue/SA DM and pretty much just finish this project and move onto the next, but there is really no telling what would be next this early, perhaps they will move to GTAIV and port Blue to operate with it, perhaps they just stick with SA and continue upkeep of DM and doing anti cheat stuff, or maybe they just separate and go there own ways, some join Rockstar eventually (haha) and some move on to other game companies, that sounds like the most likely thing to happen, but whatever happens the MTA team will ALWAYS be here for us to find out where things are headed (i hope) and we should see whats next just after DM gets released (FINALLY!) and then we will know. but until then were "out" of the know, and theres no telling what they do. ask a Mod or Team member and they will tell you the same thing.