San Andreas deathmatch

Guest Efkan

Where can i find this mod??

In your dreams. :|

You may think whatever you do, but that doesn't make it true.

I've been waiting over two years for this, dood. Believe me when I say with utmost sincerity and honesty; you won't be seeing a release of DM any time soon.

Dude, Rob, since when is your waiting time reversely proportionate to the release time of DM? Seriously, that fact that you've been waiting says nothing about it's release time and shizzle. If we say there's going to be a beta soon, there's going to be a beta soon.

Dude, Rob, since when is your waiting time reversely proportionate to the release time of DM? Seriously, that fact that you've been waiting says nothing about it's release time and shizzle. If we say there's going to be a beta soon, there's going to be a beta soon.

Dude, BlackDragon, lets go get laid.

.. Back to the subject at hand; It's been "Something's coming soon" for two years. I just don't see a release happening any time soon. A beta (alpha... w/e you call it) isn't a release; so watch what words people say. :P

What people don't seem to understand is that scripting severely complicates the whole testing and debugging process. If everyone's clients crash, is it a single player bug or limitation? Is it a bug in MTA's code? Is it a bug in the Lua interpreter? Is it a bug in the script? Is it a bug in the map? Is it a bug in the resource?

I haven't played SA-MP yet but I've heard a couple of people say they found it unstable. I don't know if they speak for the majority or not, but I think that highlights just how difficult the development and testing process is for both teams. People have higher expectations now. We're no longer in the days of GTA3:MTA 0.1 where you'd have to press all kinds of keyboard shortcuts to sync two cars briefly for a few seconds before it crashed. People are expecting a single player-like experience and that's why each release schedule gets longer and longer. I can assure you that it will be worth it in the end though.

Really?? :shock:

They all are?

Ofcource...

No software released by the MTA Team has ever been a final product.

But seriously ... it's taking a long time.

I wish people would stop moaning at the MTA Team about it taking a long time - yes i understand that your all sitting here waiting for a release, but if something isnt ready it wont be released.

Sure the beta is getting very close now but we dont mean its a few days away. It all depends on when the MTA:Blue core is stable enough to give out to the public.

With everyone moaning and saying MTA is sh*t for taking so long will just annoy the developers, would you guys want to keep coding a mod if feedback was "MTA is sh*t", "Stop taking so long and release this sh*t!" (actual quotes from these forums)...

Just sit and chillout - go play another game when your waiting for MTA:DM, go get laid! - i dont care lol.

I find this process very frustating, i am a fan of mtasa, but with the deathmatch release they missed one thing "the people that will play it". I know that the people that works in here do this in their free time. anyways i know a project that has the same trouble but with less developer, but with more matured development process and that is "openttd.org". I hope one day that mtasa people follow the procedure of "openttd.org" release (public nighlys with patch options) and testing process using the comunity like openttdcoop.ppcis.org and not some closed beta testers.

Seriously ... stable enough for the public? The only thing the PUBLIC (=> meaning retarded 10 year old who moan about how bad it is when it's released/how lame it is when it's unreleased) wants is plain, dumb arcade deathmatch.

You are all making these extra additions for only one public (and that's why it's taking so long ... if you're finished this public will be over): the hardcore fanboys... the ones who know how to use the mapping tool ... the ones who know how to use all those scripts.

The normal public wants a MP game where you have some new stuff in (=> like you guys added: customise your own CJ... weapons skill and other skills ... original MP features .. etc etc).

IF it's 100% stable, they/we don't care... if it's playable and TESTABLE, we care about that!

Look at SAMP; it's so popular because the public may test it (well yeah... in someway it's testing). The only thing we get here is vague promises and some screenshot (weekly? 2/3 times a week?).

Seriously ... get some PR manager or something ... who says to the team: get THIS video done ... one minute is enough to show alot of features and new, exciting, stuff to the public (=> watch the GTA4 trailer + watch the gtaforums and you'll know what I mean)

moaners please go play MTA:SA race to keep yourselves entertained.

the mod will be released when it's done and no amount of moaning will change that. i'm sure i don't want to see lots of bugs when it's finally released. they just need some more time, that's all ;)

again congratulations on the great job you did with Race and i hope DM will be even better :)

I think that highlights just how difficult the development and testing process is for both teams. People have higher expectations now. We're no longer in the days of GTA3:MTA 0.1 where you'd have to press all kinds of keyboard shortcuts to sync two cars briefly for a few seconds before it crashed. People are expecting a single player-like experience and that's why each release schedule gets longer and longer
would you guys want to keep coding a mod if feedback was "MTA is sh*t", "Stop taking so long and release this sh*t!" (actual quotes from these forums)

I know one thing I'd do for sure...

Release it :|

now guys, lets not kill each other lmao, but ne way i agree Jon, this IS NOT the same old project MTA has been working on since they began, if anything DM is THE HARDEST thing your team has had to do, in fact the work you have accomplished since Race has probably been more work then you EVER did, and I am saying you guys have broke your backs, busted your asses, and stayed up into the wee hours of the night trying to get this done so you can make the public happy, and everyone is JUST F@CK1NG COMPLAINING! so i see where your job has to get SOOO irritable and you just want to shut all these ar'tards up, but consider that WE (the public) have been waiting just as long as you have for that release, and we want it more than anything, (well at least i do) and there is nothing were trying to say about your product being "crappy" or about it being "buggy" or even if the whole things stinks like a rotten tomato, i don't give two shits, i just want to get my hands on it, i don't care if the condition its in when its released causes hundreds of crashed server wide, and alllll kinds of bugs come up that nobody knew about, and if the whole damn world goes up in flames and anarchy because MTA don't work, JUST AS LONG AS I CAN PLAY! thats all i ask, after these (what 5 years now?) years of waiting and YEARS of playing MTA, i am in love, i don't care if the MTA DM beta has the worst virus in the world somehow I WOULD STILLLL DOWNLOAD IT! because I am dedicated, and if something comes out with the letters MTA before it, i have to have it, and as fast as possible.

as for Rob, your right, if i was a developer/team member right now, I too would be screaming RELEASE RELEASE!, BEFORE THEY KILL US! and i would try my hardest to get this thing out of the door, but where we stand right now, i can smell MTA DM over the horizon, and it smells GOOD, very very GOOD, so lets just HOLD OUR HORSES and wait till the MTA team can truly give us a release date (if they ever do) and then we can finally rejoice and get wasted like its 1999 and game until our fingers break off. but as "the public" we have no control, so we must wait, and wait, and wait our asses off till THEY say its done, because our voices are just voices of ignorance to them, voices of "nerds" who just wanna shoot people, but when the game is (eventually) out (soon plz) we can shut up and be anti-social for a few weeks, come out of our rooms and see the sunlight for the first time in days, and honestly forget about how long we had to wait for this terrific product (thats FREE!!!!) to get out.

Lets just be patient guys, very patient