San Andreas deathmatch

Guest Efkan

The next version of MTA:SA will support "deathmatch" mode, but it has not yet been released to the public, even in beta form. It is not known how long it will be before it is released. It could be this month, or it could be next year. Don't spend your time waiting for it or you will go crazy.

ZOMG LETS BE PATIENT BECAUSE THE COMPETITION HAS A SOMEWHAT STABLE DEATHMATCH (you can actually kill and harm other people now!)

Please... instead of adding numerous features, you should stick to the base (this is my advice for GTA4 online, if it's not out of the box: just create the basics: good working deathmatch, fair shooting (you can hit eachother, not you killing someone but you are the one who dies...)

and after that: release the stable deathmatch, add the new features like cars, mapmaking etc etc...

Please... instead of adding numerous features, you should stick to the base (this is my advice for GTA4 online, if it's not out of the box: just create the basics: good working deathmatch, fair shooting (you can hit eachother, not you killing someone but you are the one who dies...)

and after that: release the stable deathmatch, add the new features like cars, mapmaking etc etc...

Well, this is a massive update from Race and if they were to make one for GTA4, a lot of the code would be recycled from this version so it shouldn't take as long.

Well, this is a massive update from Race and if they were to make one for GTA4, a lot of the code would be recycled from this version so it shouldn't take as long.
Sure, just like the conversion from MTA:Blue VC to SA... plus GTA:IV doesn't even use the same engine.

honestly, the chances of MTA making a mod for GTAIV are incredibly low, for one, its already gonna have multi player, and for two, its a totally new platform, a totally new engine, and an entirely different game, in fact IV will be so different from SA that the BLUE engine would basically not work at all with IV, being that its not gonna be on PC, (for a while) and its not gonna be without MP anyway, so whats the point of even discussing it this early on in IV production, while the team has yet to finish the current version...seems pointless to me...

I don't see why MTA won't make a mod for GTA IV, maybe the game will have multiplayer for PC too but I don't think it's not gonna be anything like MTA:DM, will it have a map editor, will it support custom models, scripting? I highly doubt it..

and just because it's a new engine it doesn't mean that everything's lost, it's not like you have to start from scratch since the game already has multiplayer so I suppose you can extend that

EDIT: I agree with you, it's too early to argue on this :P

Well, the point of MTA has been to provide multi player to a game that doesn't have any, not to improve on an existing multi player. I don't think too many devs will be up for that.

I agree, i don't want you guys to think i WOULDN'T like the devs from MTA to work on a project for IV, no i would love that they moved on to the next in this (hopefully) infinite series :P, but im saying that chances of them being able to apply what they have for SA into a new engine, seems a little, unlikely

I don't see why MTA won't make a mod for GTA IV, maybe the game will have multiplayer for PC too but I don't think it's not gonna be anything like MTA:DM, will it have a map editor, will it support custom models, scripting? I highly doubt it..

and just because it's a new engine it doesn't mean that everything's lost, it's not like you have to start from scratch since the game already has multiplayer so I suppose you can extend that

EDIT: I agree with you, it's too early to argue on this :P

Yeah thats right!!!

Even if they do end up makin a mod for IV i would be really impressed if they could acctually use to Blue core with it, being that the blue core was basically designed with the GTA III/Vice/SA engine in mind, but the team had said many times the blue core is very versatile, perhaps i underestimate the MTA team and it would be easily converted to work for IV, that would be cool, custom maps and cars and stuff only a few months after IV came out! but i wont get my hopes up ;P