Update and Beta News (by Kevuwk)

Brophy

http://files.mtasa.com/media/1.0/Images/bhq_lift.jpg

It's been a while since our last update and i'm sure you will be happy to hear that progress is still being made. We have put a freeze on new features in a bid to get a release out to the community. Our main goals currently are to fix any bugs that may cause a problem if the mod was to be released and for the QA team to test all of the scripting functions and events that we have made available to them. The QA team also regularly get together and perform a mass test which helps reveal any bugs and helps test that any fixes made are effective.

The team is aiming for a public beta test before the main release but unfortunately there aren't many game modes available to perform an effective beta test. We also don't currently have the scripting manpower to make them, so we will be looking for people that have knowledge of lua and/or scripting and who are also interested in developing game modes for release. Expect to hear a little more about this in the very near future.

to view a video made while using our scripting function to change the wave height. Edited by Guest

I heard you had problems with finding people for massive tests? so just release the Client host a server with the maximum player limit and let people join.

=> You can test player limit, lagg, scripting functions with many players and and and

AND the players will be happy

AFTER the test just shut the server down and its good (anti cheat removed in the test version of course)

If you want to test sth new, just release new Client and host new server

I heard you had problems with finding people for massive tests? so just release the Client host a server with the maximum player limit and let people join.

=> You can test player limit, lagg, scripting functions with many players and and and

AFTER the test just shut the server down and its good (anti cheat removed in the test version of course)

To allow anyone to touch MTA other than the beta team would defy the very workings of MTA.

Rule #1 is don't ever, EVER, release MTA to the public.

Didn't they tell you? :shock:

Very nice update, i'm impressed with the wave functions you have added, will you be adding water level functions as well

Also a question about the resource handler, is it possible for scripters to add custom anim's and sounds using this?

Hmmm i agree with you but the MTA team can't release an uncomplete version....

I sure hope that public beta(read final version working under vista) is coming soon, as for the game modes "Give us Deathmatch and we shall prosper, give us beach boys video and we shall loose interest in 20mins".

For me it's been "Wait two years and we lose interest." ... :?

Finally seeing a possible maybe plausible might actually happen if the conditions are just right ....... release, is like fucking deliverance. Let's just do it already. >.<

Rob you must remember that the MTA team are not a paid for this mod. Most of them have lives and work jobs just like everyone else. They are doing this in their freetime, not as work. Just be thankful that they are doing it.

Can we expect to see some more activity around the community in the next couple of weeks? Race is becoming increasingly unpopular and itd be nice to have something else to get involved in.

The plot of the problem is not in people for mass tests. We need scripters to script game modes and test all the lua functions in mta, it's not just playing around.

I would love to join and help but there's 1 problem i can see.

Without a client and server to use how can we possibly learn other than the tutorials i suppose how to do the scripting.