Tired.

Azu

Question

I have to ask. Is anyone else tired of people bitching about how lazy they think the MTA Team is? I know I am. They fail to understand anything that is told to them. MTA Team is busy. They have lives. What's so fucking hard about understanding that?

Yea i am to tired. i f.....g tired of them saying much stupid stuff about the Mta team. And why is peoples asking every day. "When will Mta:Dm come out?" So stupid...

BTW all who is doing it plz let the Mta Team have ther life, be happy they are making Mta:DM!!

I want to be in the QA team too!!

Hehe, well, if you look at it from a different angle, different perspective, or how should I say it, it's quite fun to see them bitching, being mad or just playing around. People like to watch retards and idiots, otherwise there wouldn't be so much of them on the tv. So you can see tons of their work on the news comments sections and it's quite enjoyable to read, lol

So why don't you just relax and make fun out of them.

you have to realize that alot of people that play MTA and that are waiting for a new version are probably little kids and therfore cannot comprehend what the MTA team does, since this project is done in their SPARE TIME you can't expect new versions and mode so quickly.

the MTA team has done an outstanding job so far in MTA an they will continue to do so as long as the community supports them

you have to realize that alot of people that play MTA and that are waiting for a new version are probably little kids and therfore cannot comprehend what the MTA team does, since this project is done in their SPARE TIME you can't expect new versions and mode so quickly.

the MTA team has done an outstanding job so far in MTA an they will continue to do so as long as the community supports them

I think for those of us who have been waiting since .5, we could use a little much deserved deliverance or something. :|

I mean; for those on the beta team, they can gladhand the MTA team all day long; because they've been playing this "Great new MTA"

For those of us who've been waiting, and haven't... There's not really much I can say that's great, because I haven't been given anything I can do anything with.

:| ....

again patience is the key....yes it has been a long time however .5 is a great version and going back to the older ones is fun too.

If people could realize that support helps the team and and negative comments that i read too often on this forums and IRC do nothing but push them away.

final point...support and encouragement goes along way

I have to ask. Is anyone else tired of people bitching about how lazy they think the MTA Team is? I know I am. They fail to understand anything that is told to them. MTA Team is busy. They have lives. What's so :o hard about understanding that?

Little kids who's only worry is about getting cooties don't understand the responsibilities of people who maybe work, are in higher education, have family commitments etc.

I think for those of us who have been waiting since .5, we could use a little much deserved deliverance or something. :|

Worry not, Rob, MTA:SA:DM will come soon enough. And it will be what you deserve

I mean; for those on the beta team, they can gladhand the MTA team all day long; because they've been playing this "Great new MTA"

Although they've been playing the "Great new MTA" that doesn't mean they're having a blast all the time. They are trying to find bugs at the moment. Spending an hour trying to figure out what is crashing the server isn't exactly fun. I know that you probably understand, but some do not (luckly they are gone!)

Well as Paul said, we are (as in the QA Team) allways testing the mod or creating new and exciting game modes for you to play when it arrives at your hard drive :P, Every single night we get whats called a 'Nightly Build' which has alot of bug fixes in it which the QA team have reported the night before, but ofc in the world of programming "You fix one bug, your bound to get 2 more" which you will be pleased to hear, isnt allways the case!.

So, if you want a short answer - the QA Team are busy every night. (its like a life change)

Yeah, it does get annoying, but I just ignore those idiots (mostly), and I have patience and this is definitly worth the wait :P. But those people should learn to go do something else while they wait, the less frequently you visit, the shorter it seeme :wink: (although i do check every day for 5 minutes lol)

Still ... they are really taking their time (and where are those promised weekly updates? Daily screenshots?)

If you promise something, you should fullfill those promises. And if you cannot fullfill them, just apologise later on (and later on is in MAX 2/3 weeks later... not 2 months later and saying how good you are working, but not being able to show progress).

It is hard for people to realise what it takes to be in the QA team. Its not about "playing", and never has. About 10% of our testing process involves playing just for fun.

It is difficult to comprehend what exactly we're doing from your perspective. In my honest opinion - right now, we're doing about the same amount of work as the MTA team are developing, collaboratively. There's a reason we're part of the "Quality Assurance" team and not part of a "Beta Tester" team. We have had people who've joined QA expecting it to be a breeze, thinking they'll just play MTA whenever they have time and all will be well. Most of those who showed that attitude are no longer in the QA team.

We understand we have not been posting progress updates recently, but circumstances have changed a lot, and we're pushing things a lot - with the sacrifice of news posts. but we do try hard to at least show we're alive, and we do have a history of showing progress updates regularly. its only recently that things have slowed down in terms of news and we know the sacrifice will pay off.

Another thing that people misunderstand, is that people think that people in QA get to play MTA so they are not worried about when it comes out. This is really not true at all. We really are concerned about release, and it bothers us just as much as the community that its not released. If you had 12 year olds on the forums, idiots, flamers etc pestering at you at why its taking so long, would you completely ignore it? Every time i have to tell someone "No you can't get out of the car wait till DM" it isnt easy. Take it from me, we all want it out.

It's not just playing. There's a lot of documentation involved. Every time we test, we have to write up reports on the build such as how many times it crashed, new bugs found, general stability, etc. Then we submit bug reports to our database and create lists prioritising bug importance. This is in addition to creating scripting documentation and programming new maps and game modes.

Please, most people know that. I've done some testing too for mod teams, and I know it's alot of work, and the playtime isn't for fun (doing the same thing over and over again, different places to see if there's no crash).

Yes we already know that... and that's why I post this to open your eyes that we heard this enough. The only way, and I know this from experience, to keep your fans/public happy is to get some news out often. A small 1 minute video about testing, a few lines on the mainpage that tells us what exactly you have tested, what the future plans are...

ps: (YES! I know you guys think this is whining, and YES I know you think I'm a geeky 11 year old without a life, but I'm not...).

edit: and if you need someone to do the job, keeping the whiners/newcomers down, you can ask me or someone else. It isn't that hard. Just contact someone, tell him if he's up for the job, say when he has to be online and what he has to respond if they have certain "nooby" response.

It's actually the job of admins/mod's/QA/modteam itself, but it looks like you people have no life/time besides the mod/RL. (DON'T take this offensive...)

I highly appreciate the videos and such. But for a majority of the people that come to this site to see, it would have to be on the main page. Not many people come to the forums, and not many people read to the 200th comment on the last news post (where the new videos are also mentioned). All you have to do is post the links on a newspost or embedded and not even say words.

Anywho, those videos are pretty sweet. *thumbs up*

I highly appreciate the videos and such. But for a majority of the people that come to this site to see, it would have to be on the main page. Not many people come to the forums, and not many people read to the 200th comment on the last news post (where the new videos are also mentioned). All you have to do is post the links on a newspost or embedded and not even say words.

Anywho, those videos are pretty sweet. *thumbs up*

It would be disappointing for most people to see a news post about a couple of short videos, we like to put more important information in the news posts.

Heres a fun fact: all together MTA is over a million lines of code. People who have never done a lick of exploration of how games work (modelling, pictures, code, etc.)... can't possibly understand the difficulty and time involved.

If it was easy, one of the smaller spin off mods would be able to do all the things MTA has shown up to today and you wouldn't be here, still be calling MTA lazy and good for nothin', thinking that it'll change things... even though it wont.

I wish the mta team would put more effort into working with their community instead of more or less picking at them :cry:

i think you mean the qa team, nobody from the mta team has posted in this thread before me