MTA+YAMM

if everything goes like it should be, like the proxy dll, the competition system (for later on use), and all the things we're working at, together will some other nice people.. this will turn out to be a very very cool mod.

i hope alot of people will use mta.. of course, developer's dream :)

Its good that 2 teams work together

and I think the next version of MTA will be the best multiplayer mod for GTA VC and GTA3!

But the GTAT VC mod uses UDP ports for the netconnections.

Will MTA do that too? (HOPE NOT!)

UDP is faster but not as reliable as TCP

TCP is slower than UDP but more reliable

So we use UDP because its faster and so reduces lag, I think we are going to use a checksum method, that will stop any corrupt data getting applied to the game and as a result - less crashes

G'day all.. i have been really busy for afew weeks so i haven't been here in a while. I'v been reading some posts here and their when i have the time but yeah.. anyways time for my say..

I'm really happy about the merger with YaMM and MTA, this is great step towards the ultimate goal of creating a great MP MOD for GTA3 and VC...

But hears a question.. Since both teams had a programmer, web designer, ect.. how have you gone about each other jobs since the two teams have merged.. Are both of the programmers working together and which code will you be using mostly YaMM or MTA. Or are you's creating one from scratch from the knowledge from both teams instead of altering what you have already..

Anyways, Great job guys..

All the programmers are working together. We're starting the program from scratch using all our knowledge, I think this'll work out the best.

is the next release still going tobe called 3.5 ?

is this going tobe for GTA3 or VC ?

vulcan: we have not decided what version the next MTA will be, but most likely we will stick with 0.3.5 for GTA3. As for what game the next version will be, again, still undecided. We will just have to see what happens.

SeB: chances are ingame chat will still not be implemented as we need to continue some research and tests to see about a new way of doing things. Outgame chat (type in client, display in game) will most likely be available though as it has already been done in previous versions of the MTA and YaMM mods.