MTA+YAMM

id like to welcome the YAMM team on behalf ot BLASTA, Ive been a fan of YAMM since you first bought the mod out. THough i havent been overly productive on your forums, I have been carefully modding your progress. Anyway, welcome to team MTA.

BTWtw - if the 2 did decide to merge names, the name of the mod could be YAM-TAM (Yet Another Multi Theft Auto Mod)

Hello, I'm from YaMM :)

We decided to keep MTA as the name because its the name people have warmed to. We did debate whether to merge names but we wouldn't really be 'another multiplayer mod'. MTA was the first :)

Xerox - Thank you for your support for YaMM, i'm sure the team appretiates it.

Hmm, and MTA is being converted to C++ :P

I'm sure MTA development will speed up now, us YaMM guys are known for our speed. Later Cray & Kent plan to re-write the Server and implement the new netcode idea.

I would also like to say great to see you guys on board here from all us at the VCK(and yes this is a cheap plug for the team as well :) ) Hope you guys best of luck on helpin the MTA crew to produce what is gonna be the coolest mod yet.

Thanks for all of the great comments guys. It is great to be merged into one team and lets hope we can bring some quality releases to you.

We are still not going to rush into anything and release a version right away, but we feel when both teams fuse together properly and we really start getting into it, great things will happen.

I look forward to talking with you all and I can't wait to make MTA C++!!!

Dark Ghost ... you will be a beta tester, but not an official member ... keep in contact with us the same way as you have and we will hook you up when the time is right.

Edited by Guest

i understand the benefits for te mta team of merging. mta 0.3b is slow as hell, full of bugs, bandwith hog, progged in vb, and even doesnt work on win9x/Me. so merging can only be profitable for them, especially since Yamm team seems to be capable C++ developpers and advanced very quickly in their development.

so i wonder why yamm decided to join mta. whats their benefit, apart sponsoring, a forum and some publicity that mta name has?

whats the point of porting mta stuff to C++ since it doesnt even work and when it does its lags like hell?

why not letting the yamm team follow their design choices and see if the performance is better than mta (everything hinted so)?

im quite afraid that their skills will be wasted to implement an already bad designed/bad progged application (that is mta).

I understand your concern and I will try to explain the situation to the best of my knowledge.

YaMM and MTA were essentially two teams going in very different directions to eventually reach a similar goal; multiplayer in GTA. Many of the team members already knew one another and we often had discussions. We eventually came to the conclusion that we could bring the best experience to the end user by merging into a single development team.

As for why YaMM did it while it appeared that we would "beat" MTA? We felt that alone neither mod's techniques (main.scm editing vs. memory manipulation) could work independantly. We felt that the MTA had a great team and an incredible amount of attention brought to it by their initial releases.

As for the question about why we are porting it to C++. Firstly, C++ is awesome. Second, we will not be doing a straight port for MTA 0.3b from VB to C++ and then label it as MTA 0.3.5. The new MTA Team will be combining the YaMM and MTA methods together (main.scm/memory) to hopefully fuse a nearly perfect multiplayer experience.

Our skills will not be wasted, as MTA will not be programmed the exact same anymore. We will put all of methods and talent together to form what hopes to be an amazing team that will deliver an amazing product.

Next! ...

OK, this is one of the best new ever done for mta+yamm !

Syntax (only to speak about him) made a basic multiplayer mod for both GTA3 and Vice City that i've tested for Red Spike 3 weeks-a month ago ;)

I hope you'll make quality as we're trying to do.

8) Yakuzzza, GTAWO member.

thanx for adressing my concerns..we'll judge with time. I only hope that now you have a plethora of team members, you'll release betas more often and more importantly test b4 your mod on all platforms (win9x,2k,xp) so that we all can "try" to play some mta. good luck