modz

ok, i now installed a couple of mods just to refresh my memory:

you need a .dff file, a .txd file and a readme.

before you start: copy the files Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\gta3.img and C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\handling.cfg into a safe place in case you screw up and/or want to play mta ever again. i just made copies in the same folder and renamed them. now when i want to see my mods i name the originals gta3.img and handling.cfg and when i want to play mta i name the copies that.

1. extract the files that you downloaded as the mod and make sure nothing is missing. the name of the .dff file is the car you will be replacing in the game

2. run the application i gave you the link to, go to the car that you will replace, click installer->create backup in case something goes wrong

3. click installer->manual mod installer, load the right dff and txd files, find the ide, carmods, handling and carcols lines in the readme (they don't all have to be there) and copy paste them in the right spaces

4. click validate and if everything is ok click install

5. now you should see a picture of your modified car if you did everything right. now remember the model number for the next step (for example Landstal (400))

6. to use the car in the game you could try your luck waiting for one of them to appear or you could use this program: http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/file/GTASA_Car_Spawner;44628

run gta and load a game, then alt+tab to windows, run this program, put in the model number and click the button. then go back into the game and you should see your car in front of you ready to use.

7. if you don't like it quit the game, go to GGMM, find the car and click installer-> restore from backup

you better find this tutorial useful because it took 15 minutes to write. disclaimer: no warranty that your gta will still work, especially if you do something wrong