How is my English?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How is my English?

• Poor
    • Quite good...
    • Excellent!
    • Not bad...

Hello everyone!

My problem is, that I get low FPS when I'm on a server with 10+ people. It can drop to 15 when there's 10+ cars on the screen or even on the server. I mean, I don't even have to look at the cars and it still can drop.

In SP mode I can play fine with 1024x768x32/16 resolution and almost everything on low, still it can drop sometimes when there's too much smoke.

As for the in-game settings while playing MTA - everything on low, 800x600x16.

I don't say that I'm getting low FPS everywhere, it depends where I'm looking at. Now, I don't know if this is normal with my system specs (see below):

Mainboard: ASRock K7VT4A Pro

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2400+@2GHz

RAM: 512MB RAM DDR

GPU: ATI Radeon 9550 256 MB (Omega Drivers newest version 3.8.330 - Catalyst 7.1)

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (April 2007)

Btw, my system is clean, I formatted it 4 days ago. I also did everything to increase the performance.

Edit: Sorry if I posted in the wrong section, and also sorry for my English, I'm from Poland. =)

Edited by Guest

Well, I think I need to get a new graphic card cause even a Radeon 9000Pro is much faster then my rubbish 9550. My friend has a 9000Pro and the game runs like 3 times better and he has a 1.7GHz processor. Btw, I can't even overclock my 9550 well.

Anyway... Any other suggestions how can I increase FPS?

Ther are not much to do.. But if i was you i will have get a new system... like

CPU---> Newer model like 6400+

More ram----> like 1-2 GB ram

GPU----> Yea absolute new Grafik card...

Sorry but that is what you must do to get a exelent computer... if you will have some links here i go... You dont need to lock at them

Good Grafik card for not much money ---> http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7600.html

Ther are not much to do than update the system!

But you decied remember that! your system is quite unupdate sems like you havent updated in like 3-4 years!

Grettings from Zion

CPU---> Newer model like 6400+

6400+? Hmm... Never heard of such model... I bet it's very expensive, lol.

But you decied remember that! your system is quite unupdate sems like you havent updated in like 3-4 years!

Well... yeah, I didn't upgrade any parts that affect my performance in the past 2 years, because I don't have much money. I upgraded the supplier and some other stuff tho.

Anyway, I manged to increase my framerate. The problem was the newest Omega Drivers, I changed to some older ones (based on Catalyst 5.4). It's like 3 times faster now!

Thank's for your help, any more suggestions are welcome...

Hey there...

Search google for GameXP - it modifies your system to be a gaming PC (turns off unwanted services and stuffs)

i used it on mine and got a 40% FPS increase in most of my games (not that i need it anyway lol)