every one is faster :(

Guest gareth_2005

why on every server is every one else faster than me? even if we are all in same cars and in strait line? its the same on every computer in the house! cheers

Modified handling.config? From experience on laggy servers, lagging doesn't slow down, it just confuses others and pisses everyone else off.

it doesn't sound like he modified any files, otherwise he wouldn't be able to join any servers. It sounds like his computer is running SA at a low frame rate. The solution can involve lowering graphics settings (color depth has a big impact from my experience with SA), upgrading hardware, and maybe shutting down resource heavy background programs (like instant messengers). In some cases the sound settings can impact performance, and disabling some settings such as EAX, 3d sound, etc. can help, and is worth a try.

Modified handling.config? From experience on laggy servers, lagging doesn't slow down, it just confuses others and pisses everyone else off.

FPS lag does slow you down, since every frame that you lag behind, you travel a slightly shorter distance then others without FPS lag.

why on every server is every one else faster than me? even if we are all in same cars and in strait line? its the same on every computer in the house! cheers

Get fraps and tell us how much FPS you're getting.