Possible Solution for MTA:SA Race on Vista (Not Sure)

Guest Flipkip193

Hello,

I think this is a way to use MTA:SA Race on vista. Im not sure if it works because im running XP. I Have used vista, but installed XP because MTA Didnt work, i will install vista when DM is out.

But here is the idea:

- Right clik on Multi Theft Auto.exe and GTASA.exe

- Click Properties

- And look at the up of the windows, you'll see compatibility.

- Select "Execute this program : Windows XP Service Pack 2"

I got the idea from the SA-MP Solution. (With sa-mp this works)

I Hope this works. Maybe someone can test this?

• 3 weeks later...
I can say it slows down your computer. You will see the computer is working HARD whits it!

Ignoring the fact that you just chewed up the English language and spat it out, I've only experienced two issues with Vista so far, and those are:

• My shitty (mostly unused) Bluetooth dongle isn't supported
  • MTA:SA Race doesn't work

I have a feeling (although I'm not familiar with the workings of MTA) that it's something to do with the fact that MTA effectively 'hacks' into GTA through the modification of memory values, and Vista isn't happy about MTA writing to memory addresses belonging to processes other than itself.

Also, Vista only slows down the PC because it's more graphically complex. In actual fact, they've made considerable alteration to the Windows kernel, specifically with respect to process management, that ensures that processes are guaranteed a certain amount of time using the CPU, which overall speeds up the system.

Ignoring the fact that you just chewed up the English language and spat it out.

f... you. Realy i dont cear about wtf you are saying! i AM saying IT on MY WAY!! So dont cear about what i say!

My :~ (mostly unused) Bluetooth dongle isn't supported

MTA:SA Race doesn't work

If i was you i will have readed more on that site i have postet!...

PS: And i will wait to SP1 comes, before i UPDATE to MS Win Vista! And many other peoples will wait for SP1!

Sorry for my language IN THIS POST!

zion, do you use a translator or something? and why do you have to end every sentance like you are shouting for attention "!"

The reason race doesnt work with vista is one of two things, its either the Microsoft's Foundation Classes used in the mta center stuff or the anti-cheat, either way it will be resolved for dm ;)

• 1 month later...

I got mine ... almost working ... umm....

I have Windows Vista Home Premium

and ...

- Right clik on Multi Theft Auto.exe

- Click Properties

- And look at the up of the windows, you'll see compatibility.

- Select "Execute this program : Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)"

- Just in case check the administrator box

but now ... i got the "Error of the core dump files"

so ... can some one help me whit the core dump s*it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I thinks the problems it with the client.dll because on vista if you rename the client dll to some thing like asdkajsdk.dll then go back to ur folder aright click and run as admin you will be able to get to the menu of mta sa but u cannot connect to the servers because dll isnt loaded so if some one woudl maby fix the dll to inject after the exe started not when its begin intialaized meaby it woudl work i dunno but that way you can get to the menu xD.

• 9 months later...