The Calm before the Storm...

kevinmce

Question

I am wondering if the reason everything is so quiet around here is because a release may be looming.

I know you guys are busy with Real life things, but thats why all any of your spare time is being spent on the game and not posting on here.

:shock:

My predictions are that soon after college and school exams there will be a final push, with a release in around a months time.

:P

Im close :D arnt i?

• Answers 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

how are you gonna say dont talk about the other mod then talk openly about it for a minute...lol

anyway, as for the player limits, or car limits were talking about, i would hope that were able to enjoy having plenty of players(actors?) and plenty of vehicles (well synched too!) for our online play, but like we can do anything as just part of the community other than throw our two cents in, so im saying my two cents is out there, and it says make the limit atleast 50, but not an outragous number (im talking players not vehicles) so were in good shape for a crash free, yet populated server.

hey a whole post in this section without the letters S A and M P in one :D

Well, i was just thinkin, an this may have been looked at before, but could or would it be possable to have links within a server to another server.

lets say i want to host servers, 3 in total, SF SF and LV, each server restricted to each part of the map, then to allow players go between servers (without exiting) when he/she enters a marker it may be possable for the server to send the client a request to connect to the other server.

So in thery i could drive to the next server by entering the marker at the edge of the map.

It would be wicked if this is possable. an lua feature?

Well, i was just thinkin, an this may have been looked at before, but could or would it be possable to have links within a server to another server.

lets say i want to host servers, 3 in total, SF SF and LV, each server restricted to each part of the map, then to allow players go between servers (without exiting) when he/she enters a marker it may be possable for the server to send the client a request to connect to the other server.

So in thery i could drive to the next server by entering the marker at the edge of the map.

It would be wicked if this is possable. an lua feature?

Cool Idea.

Playing RPG with more than 300 players would be nice^^

yeah i know, no comparisons, not comparing...just, err, say MTA > SAMP

anyway, as for players, my pc doesnt do so well with full servers (on most games) however i recently upgraded my HDD (to SATA) and added a Gig a ram, so ill lag less than i usually would :P

personally 50-64 would do it in my opinion, i think (NOT comparing) that samps 100 players gets to be TOO much, sometimes

I assume you've played MTA:SA:DM, then, right?

For the record, another multiplayer mod just held its second beta for a second release in the same 30-day period. I would call that an "update."

I'm looking forward to MTA:SA:DM, but it seems like there are problems finding the right balance between development time and features. Too much of either is bad.

My comp is taking 100 players NICE ^^ lol i am wondring why you all are talking about, when DM is comming. OMG it comes when it comes ^^

Why are people talking about when the DM is coming? Well what else can you do here right now? Why do you even talk to anyone if you think discussing about something is needless? Why don't you just stop visiting these forums then? Or at least stop spamming with the stupid posts? Pretty please?

If talking about the max players, I think sync is the priority. I guess we can say MTA belongs to the FPS category - and where have you seen an FPS with huge numbers of players and good sync? I really don't know, but judging from the examples of other FPS I think that the situation on this matter is like scales, there has to be balance - if you want to have a good sync, then you won't have legions running around, if you want to have a lot of players you'll have a buggy MP, and we already have one.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ugh. Please; PLEASE never call GTA or MTA or anything I love an FPS ever again. Do you even know what the letters stand for? First Person Shooter.

I agree with the shooter part, but first person? Sorry, last time I checked first person only applied when you're using a rocket launcher or a sniper roffle.

Now that I took care of semantics, I'd like to comment and say that the aim in MTA right now is purty good. Even surprisingly good, actually. Accept for a couple of weapons it hits spot on at about 120 ping (my usual), and the malfunctioning ones are being fixed. I won't lie to you, our tests are not very major on a playercount scale, but so far, apart from the occasional fuckup, sync looks like it doesn't mind those extra few players. Nobody is really sure how many players MTA could take. I guess public beta would sort that out soon enough. As for bashing SA:MP- stop. Even if it's not their forums, it's just plain rude.

P.S. Check out the way I avoided giving out any sort of information AND told you lot that you're all wrong. Ha.

Ugh. Please; PLEASE never call GTA or MTA or anything I love an FPS ever again. Do you even know what the letters stand for? First Person Shooter.

I agree with the shooter part, but first person? Sorry, last time I checked first person only applied when you're using a rocket launcher or a sniper roffle.

Now that I took care of semantics, I'd like to comment and say that the aim in MTA right now is purty good. Even surprisingly good, actually. Accept for a couple of weapons it hits spot on at about 120 ping (my usual), and the malfunctioning ones are being fixed. I won't lie to you, our tests are not very major on a playercount scale, but so far, apart from the occasional fuckup, sync looks like it doesn't mind those extra few players. Nobody is really sure how many players MTA could take. I guess public beta would sort that out soon enough. As for bashing SA:MP- stop. Even if it's not their forums, it's just plain rude.

P.S. Check out the way I avoided giving out any sort of information AND told you lot that you're all wrong. Ha.

Is that a hint or??

Oh and theres another hint!

Once skool/college going Devs get there time off there be a flurry of advancement.

As i said, soon after everyone's summer exams is my guesstimate.

^^ By "soon after" i mean 2/3 weeks, meaning "mid june", thats also depending on what exams the Devs are taking... 2nd lvl or 3rd lvl as 2nd lvl exams are later. this would put release to the end of june. ;)

Kilo apparently you dont get the whole idea behind that saying, let me break it down for you:

A. the calm = right now (as we wait for DM)

b. the storm = MTA DM (as it not out yet)

so we can conclude that if b. the storm = MTA DM then apparently it HASNT passed yet, has it