The Calm before the Storm...

kevinmce

Question

I am wondering if the reason everything is so quiet around here is because a release may be looming.

I know you guys are busy with Real life things, but thats why all any of your spare time is being spent on the game and not posting on here.

:shock:

My predictions are that soon after college and school exams there will be a final push, with a release in around a months time.

:P

Im close :D arnt i?

• Answers 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

He doesnt... I'm sure he's just talking to draw attention.

It was more of a guess, however if you haven’t noticed look at the MTA news, no update, no new tutorials in about a month. That could mean only three things.

1. They are working hard on MTA right now trying to release it to the public and haven’t had time to update the site.

2. They just haven’t updated in a long time for no reason.

3. They abandoned the project (doubtful)

id say we cant just take guesses and get our hopes up, lets let the MTA team work, and when they are done, those who acctually stuck around like us, will be Ohhhh so grateful when its here and we can delete sa-mp from our pcs without doubt we will never need it again, and we can rejoice in the beauty and power that is MTA DM so basically i see all the time that they have spent on this and the incredibly long wait as a de-n00berizer, now all those lame mofos who said "omg0dz0rz if i wait 1'z morz dayz mees outta here!" are acctually gone doing something else, and the true fans and players are here to enjoy the final product :D

true fans and players are here to enjoy the final product Very Happy

Heh, You sound like a president trying to get elected. :P

Well im happy the team has gotten back about there intentions.

I know you guys just wanna release like everyone else, the end is near.

:idea: A more accurate prediction on the Public beta will be the first weekend in June, the 2nd, a Saturday. 8)

I hope they dont do the fatal error what they did on mta 0,5 the 0,5,1 did never come out :( and remember the beta what is comming it is only beta and think if they EKS: they did realis it now and not long afther they culdent update the game :S that have been a fatal mistake! so let them use ther time to do that they know what will be fixed and then realys it ;)

I hope they dont do the fatal error what they did on mta 0,5 the 0,5,1 did never come out :( and remember the beta what is comming it is only beta and think if they EKS: they did realis it now and not long afther they culdent update the game :S that have been a fatal mistake! so let them use ther time to do that they know what will be fixed and then realys it ;)

Right, we'll get back to you as soon as the MTA/QA Team discuss what this paragraph was trying to say over the summer.

true fans and players are here to enjoy the final product Very Happy

Heh, You sound like a president trying to get elected. :P

hehe yeah sure if you say, i think i sound like a MTA lover who wants to elope with the source code :x

and about MTA .5.1 not coming out, this is a totally different story, back then they were on a different platform and now they have something they can really work with, BLUE so its more likely they wouldnt give something like that up so easily :P

Well, i didnt take part in samp's latest beta but i heard about there test of 200 player limit... seems a lot even if it had a been a low synced game.

Just wondering of you guys have thought about this or is it somthing you will set once you get some large scale server tests? (i may have answered my own question)

yaknow its sorta offtopic but we just had a new picture of the day and a new update to main site, while samp hasnt seen a update (of any kind) since april 11 or so, (so what im trying to say) that means MTA wins the war of the mods, and when the calm before the storm ends, and we leave the "eye" of this hurricane, samp will be the first to fall! under the MTA wraith! muahahahahha! awesome

yaknow its sorta offtopic but we just had a new picture of the day and a new update to main site, while samp hasnt seen a update (of any kind) since april 11 or so, (so what im trying to say) that means MTA wins the war of the mods, and when the calm before the storm ends, and we leave the "eye" of this hurricane, samp will be the first to fall! under the MTA wraith! muahahahahha! awesome

Don't even go there. SA-MP's PR is their released mod. End of comparision.

Back on topic...

Yeah, to be honest, my computer isn't the best one in town, so my SA can't handle much (like 100 and so on) players on the same area. But there are computers which can. Ever heard of servers limiting the player limit?

yeah i know, no comparisons, not comparing...just, err, say MTA > SAMP

anyway, as for players, my pc doesnt do so well with full servers (on most games) however i recently upgraded my HDD (to SATA) and added a Gig a ram, so ill lag less than i usually would :P

personally 50-64 would do it in my opinion, i think (NOT comparing) that samps 100 players gets to be TOO much, sometimes

I think it should depend on the size of the map, just like BF2, if it's a tiny map, 16 players will do finely, but the whole state of san andreas could easily have 200 players without any crowding, if everyone had cars of course.

I think it should depend on the size of the map, just like BF2, if it's a tiny map, 16 players will do finely, but the whole state of san andreas could easily have 200 players without any crowding, if everyone had cars of course.
Could be done with scripting...

I wonder would it be possable for large maps with many players to make a local player limit.

Ive seen this before in "battleground europe" in areas where there are 64+ players each client can only see a max of 64. to reduce bandwidth.

Obviously the people who cant see you means that you cant see them.

I wonder is this possable using LUA or maybe its a feature, anyway its way to late to add this.

Don't even go there. SA-MP's PR is their released mod. End of comparision.

Back on topic...

Yeah, to be honest, my computer isn't the best one in town, so my SA can't handle much (like 100 and so on) players on the same area. But there are computers which can. Ever heard of servers limiting the player limit?

The game engine probably isn't designed to handle that many players in one area, so I think it would be a GTA:SA limit rather than a hardware limit.

The normal untouched (without it being hacked/tampered with) game can only handle 110 vehicles loaded at one time, and around 120ish Actor/players at any one point in time...

If you try to force the game to spawn more than these amounts the game simplally crashes because the pool size gets too large and overwrites values that are needed for the game to operate properly. (or summit like that)

Guys why are you all pussyfooting around the talk of SA:MP? This is a forum for MTA you know! Personally, I hate SA:MP. Everyone's a n00b or a cheater, and there never seems to be a point. I much prefer race to MP because at least you have to do something and it's clear what. The crappy missions I have tried on MP have not had markers or any clear instructions as to what the heck you are doing. So you end up running around and shooting like every other confused sucker on the server. And if you look on their site for help, there is no decent documentation unlike the awesome wiki support on this site. People on IRC and chat are unfriendly, and communities are obscure. Also, the main page is rarely updated, and all the 'bonus' features in 0.2 seem to be a list of bugfixes. One confusing feature is the ability for every player to have a few of their own specific objects in the map, but it isn't clear whether this is just for them or visible for everyone. I never use MP, like many I have it but I think I'd only play it if MTA just crashed (hard to imagine why) and there was nothing else to do and I had a strange longing for GTA online action. MTA will just pwn MP off the face of the map when DM is released, and in my opinion, it's still more fun anyway. I can't wait for DM!