Have no ideea how to connect on my server

I started a race server called Oldschool on port 22003 and I tried to connect to it from MTA on the same computer. It doesn't show up in the list and I really don't know how to quick connect to it. What am I supposed to write in each field? What do I write in "Host" and what do I write in "Port". The server has no password. I tried to write my IP in the host field and the 22003 and 22126 in the port field but it just doesn't connect. Please help me, I really want to have my own server... :cry:

if the server is on the same pc or lan as where you are trying to play the game from, it wont show up ( ASE is funny like that ), try connecting to the same port but for host try 127.0.0.1 or localhost

Thx dude, it worked. Now I just hope other players can see it on the list :lol:

OK, now I can connect to my own server but no one else can... A friend of mine tried from his computer abd couldn't find the server and quick connect didn't worke either. :? How can I get other people to connect to my server or make it show on the list?

I think that ur ports are closed...

Well it could be man, I don't really know. How do I set my ports, can you explain this to me more precisely cause I really haven't dealt with anything like this so I don't know how it works. I know that my port is 22003, the server log shows my IP as 127.0.0.1, and I've checked my IP and it's 86.121.146.241. So what do I have to do to show up on the server list? :?:

I don't have a router or firewall. I have a broadband connection that goes into a computer sitting right next to mine. We share that connection through a cross-over cable network (a 2 computer network). Besides following the instrucions writen in the conf file I don't know what else to do. Would it help if I put the internet connection directly in my computer instead of sharing it?

did you turn on ase in the server config? your ip would be shown as 127.0.0.1 on the logs because you are connecting via the same machine

Yes, in fact here's how my conf file looks like:

ServerName Oldschool Racing

ServerPort 22003

MaxPlayers 10

ASE 1

AdminServer 1

AdminPort 44003

AdminPass ******* :P

AllowAdminShutdown 0

LogFile mtaserver.log

AntiCheatEnabled 1

AutoUpdateAntiCheat 1 (doesn't seem to be working, it can't update)

InstantVoteMapEnabled 0

InstantVoteMapPercentage 80

InstantVoteMapTimeDelay 90

InstantVoteMapGlobalTimeDelay 60

DefaultRespawnTime 5

DefaultMapDuration 6000

MaxMapDuration 6000

MapNominationEnabled 1

MaxNominationMaps 8

IncludeLastMapInNomination 1

RCON kick 4

RCON ban 4

RCON mute 2

RCON unmute 2

I know most of it doesn't have anything to do with my server not working properly but just for the record...

So what else do I need to change?

I'm very sure I have no firewall. Windows firewall is turned off too, but the server just isn't showing on the list. Someone said my ports might be closed. How is that and how can I turn them on then? Or at least I would like my friends to be able to quick-connect to the server even if it doesn't show on the list but we couldn't do that either.