Points Script..... that i need to add somthing to.

DazzaJay

You know what would be easier?

Just include the level system into PRS (I'm not saying Scoob should do it, definently not), that way you don't have to do all of this stuff in your awesomly bad script and can instead enjoy the comfort of a fully working script that's a lot better than, well, anything else.

That's what I would do, if I wanted it that way.

Yes - a good idea for him.

the login system is only a few lines. and would be easy anough to add.

Scooby: Basically, the 10 level admin system in Gus (wich i have never had a problem with, not even with Dynamic IP) Wich is the only reason why we are using it, and not PRS.

and Lil'San: My knowlage of scripting is still in excessive guesswork, altho i did guess correct about changing the score system in the points script.... but thats about it.

ok well how does this sound..

i can make the auto login, which will work ok untill someones ip changes (which u say its never happened to u) then they must either be readded as an admin under their new ip if theyre not added to the server config, or, those added to the config can just relogin with rcon and it will save all the info automatically.

this way u should get exactly what u have now, adding admins via script or the ability to add them to the config.

i dont see the point in 10 levels of admin tho. it was ok in VC but there really arent enough admin controls to warrent 10. however, by changing 1 variable in a line (i can show u how later if u want) will make it 10 - but i dont see the point.

i'll add this to PRS 1.3 ^ so keep ur eyes open :shock:

Wel, 2 of the admins do have Dynamic IP's, altho one of them is perfectly fine, only the last 2 octets change, But Grim_Reeper is on Crappy Telstra Wireless, and ALL 4 Octets of his IP change, but he said he will be getting a Static IP soon, so its all good.

The main reason we like the 10 levels is basically, New Admins are given Lvl 1, then slowly over time they get Promoted thru the levels, the highest being 9....

Works well in Limiting the amount of Monkeys that Abuse thier power... cos they usually dont have the Paitience to wait till lvl 9.

lol well thats the same if u only have 5:P

but ok, once i do this its not gonna be hard to change it to 10.

as for the ip's, i have many members onl AOL, they all have 172.*.*.*

so saving only the first 2 parts for them wouldnt work. and i know a lot of other people had trouble with it too, which is another reason why i just stuck with rcon. so do u want full ip saving or just first 2 parts?

Yeah, but with the 5 thru Rcon, it involves taking forever thru SFTP Using SSH2 to login and change the admins file to use Rcon mainly because Latency has a dramatic effect on SSH2, basically, my 300~MS ping to the server makes it take 2~3 mins to load one folder in the FTP, so even to upload 1 map, it takes around 10 to 15 mins for me.... which is one of the other reasons why i dont wanna have to use Rcon.

and yeah, just the first 2 Octets would be fine, i wouldn't want to go any less than that, Thanks

hmm u lost me there... :roll:

ive tested it and got it working with exact ip at the moment (all 4 parts)

seems to be working ok.

And thinking about it, if u do want 10 levels, ul have to go thru some of the functions within the script and set them to what u need them to be, at the moment they go thru 1 to 5, some can be set in the dialog, but some are set in the script and would need changing. not a major job i know, but just letting u know.

Ah, okies.... i would need some information to help me thru the setup of the 10 levels tho... as im still an Uber Noobie on the ol Mirc side of things.

Ok No probs, it shouldnt be too hard, i was gonna suggest just multiplying everything by 2, but from what u say, u will need to go thru and edit loads of differnt commands for levels 3,5,7 & 9

also, got the login working on first 2 ip parts now.

Cool, thanks... Well, this is a section out of gus, and im mainly wanting to keep it very simmilar to this...

elseif ($3 == !commands) || ($3 == !command) {
   if ($gus.level($1,$2) == 3) {
     mta.pm $1 $2 Level 3 Commands: !un/freeze, !getip, !changemap, !sub/alias, !pma, !level, !info, !upload, !ping, !popular
     mta.pm $1 $2 !popular, !stats, !admin, !top, !toptime, !max, !rating, !voterace
   }
   elseif ($gus.level($1,$2) == 4) {
     mta.pm $1 $2 Level 4 Commands: !un/freeze, !getip, !changemap, !sub/alias, !pma, !level, !info, !upload, !ping, !popular
     mta.pm $1 $2 !popular, !stats, !un/mute, !ip, !admin, !top, !toptime, !max, !rating, !voterace
   }
   elseif ($gus.level($1,$2) == 5) {
     mta.pm $1 $2 Level 5 Commands: !un/freeze, !getip, !changemap, !sub/alias, !pma, !level, !info, !upload, !ping, !popular
     mta.pm $1 $2 !tommis, !popular, !stats, !un/mute, !ip, !kick, !setinstructions, !admin, !setdeathlimit, !spawn, !top
     !.timer 1 5 mta.pm $1 $2 !toptime, !remdeathlimit, !resettime, !randommap, !max, !rating, !voterace
   }
   elseif ($gus.level($1,$2) == 6) {
     mta.pm $1 $2 Level 6 Commands: !un/freeze, !getip, !changemap, !sub/alias, !pma, !level, !info, !upload, !ping, !popular
     mta.pm $1 $2 !tommis, !popular, !stats, !un/mute, !ip, !kick, !setinstructions, !admin, !setdeathlimit, !spawn, !top
     !.timer 1 5 mta.pm $1 $2 !toptime, !remdeathlimit, !resettime, !randommap, !max, !rating, !voterace
   }
   elseif ($gus.level($1,$2) == 7) {
     mta.pm $1 $2 Level 7 Commands: !un/freeze, !getip, !changemap, !sub/alias, !pma, !level, !info, !upload, !ping, !popular
     mta.pm $1 $2 !popular, !stats, !un/mute, !kick, !ip, !setinstructions, !add/ban, !unban, !admin, !recon, !reload
     !.timer 1 5 mta.pm $1 $2 !setdeathlimit, !spawn, !top, !toptime, !remdeathlimit, !resettime, !randommap, !max, !rating, !voterace
   }
   elseif ($gus.level($1,$2) ==  || ($gus.level($1,$2) == 9) {
     mta.pm $1 $2 Level $gus.level($1,$2) Commands: !un/freeze, !getip, !changemap, !sub/alias, !pma, !level, !info, !upload, !ping, !popular
     mta.pm $1 $2 !popular, !stats, !un/mute, !ip, !kick, !setinstructions, !add/ban, !unban, !admin, !recon, !reload, !rating
     !.timer 1 5 mta.pm $1 $2 !setdeathlimit, !spawn, !top, !toptime, !remdeathlimit, !resettime, !randommap, !setping, !max, !voterace
   }
   elseif ($gus.level($1,$2) >= 10) {
     mta.pm $1 $2 Level 10 Commands: !un/freeze, !getip, !changemap, !sub/alias, !pma, !level, !info, !upload, !ping, !popular
     mta.pm $1 $2 !setping, !popular, !stats, !un/mute, !ip, !kick, !setinstructions, !ban, !unban, !setlevel, !setwelcomemsg
     !.timer 1 5 mta.pm $1 $2 !max, !recon, !reload , !addban, !set/remdeathlimit, !spawn, !top, !toptime, !randommap, !settime
     !.timer 1 10 mta.pm $1 $2 !rating, !voterace, !remmap
   }
   else {
     mta.pm $1 $2 Commands: !info, !popular, !level, !upload, !ping, !stats, !admins, !toptime, !top
     mta.pm $1 $2 !max, !voterace, !rating

(i think thats the !commands command... but yeah, thats how i would like to keep it... along those lines.

laughable.. sry i know its cruel.

its not ofen i see such useless code.

btw, most of the commands can be manually set in the dialog, its just a few top commands i set to level 5.

u can change them to what u want without too much trouble.

Ah, okies then... not too hard im guessing?

well this is kinda how it looks:

29pvhbt.jpg

so u can see, u can change the levels to what u want with ease.

theres no room for 2 digits, however u can manually change it either in the script itsself or in the ini file that saves the data.

enough of the chat anyway im getting nothing done lol. leave it with me, i'll see what i can do.

AH, ben was telling me about that little config app when we were giving your script a go a while back (when the Mirc scripts was running on his PC) Since it cant do Doubble-Digits, 1~9 should be fine....

(Scripts now run on my Old PC.... Yeah.... Old Crappy.... 1GHZ PC with 2X 64MB ram sticks.... Ugh... Well, its doing that job fine.... so it has a use.)

Scooby: Basically, the 10 level admin system in Gus (wich i have never had a problem with, not even with Dynamic IP) Wich is the only reason why we are using it, and not PRS.

and Lil'San: My knowlage of scripting is still in excessive guesswork, altho i did guess correct about changing the score system in the points script.... but thats about it.

ok, thats clear.