Spread Multi Theft Auto

What is your opinion on the idea of a Spread Multi Theft Auto project  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on the idea of a Spread Multi Theft Auto project

• Good idea!
    • I really don't care.
    • This is a terrible idea!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think that Multi Theft Auto has not been promoted as much as it can and should be. What I am suggesting is something similar to Spread Firefox. I am suggesting that either a section of this site, or an external site should be dedicated to spreading Multi Theft Auto and giving others the resources to do so. This could spread interest in MTA, which would be good for everyone playing because servers could be more active. It also would bring new people who could make scripts for servers and possible servers. I think that a project like this should be ran by a Spread MTA team (trusted members of the forums/game/IRC appointed by the developers, of course) and not the developers because the developers already do so much for the community.

I agree that releasing something like this would have to wait until MTA:Deathmatch goes gold. However, something like this would require minimal amounts of planning. Better early than late, i think. For those who are voting without commenting, I want to know an explanation of your opinion and not just a vote on a poll. That would be much more valuable if this is ever considered. Although votes give a general idea on whether something is supported or not, they do not give suggestions on way to improve the idea, or why the idea should not be considered at all.

What would actually be included within this project?

Some sort of referal system? where people can get Dynamic Signatures showing howmany people they have reffered to download Multi Theft Auto?

I cant see a complete reason why this would be necassary, but if someone can prove me wrong, id be willing to help out.

Would be nice to advertise this and get more people into the community. More people = better experience, because maybe that will bring upon more scripters etc... and of course simply more people to play with. Quite a few people at my school know about this because of me :P (I wanna get as many friends to play this with as I can, but of course I don't always have to know them IRL).

As Magus said, the reason we need a project like this is so more people know about MTA. To be completely honest, I found this site by accident. I have not ever came across a link to it on a gaming forum, so MTA really needs to be promoted better. The project would probably include a referral system, a discussion board to talk about spreading MTA/improving the project overall, possibly a news system, a section with posters, embeddable videos (so people can post MTA videos on their site, screenshots of MTA, and logos/links for people to put on their site (this would tie into the referral system). To be completely honest, I am not really a web guru. I was thinking if I threw an idea like this out there someone else, who has these kind of skills, would spearhead the project. If you guys were under the impression I was intending on being in charge of this, I am not. It is a project that I was hoping would get contributed to by many people in the MTA community. This being said, the feature set of the site really can't be determined by me. I think this project really should go in the direction that the community wants it to go on. Check this thread often because I might try using a CMS to come up with a basic idea of this project, so people can see the suggestion, instead of reading about it. I bet that using scripts available on places like Hotscripts we could get a project like this going with minimal effort. Also, I would be willing to donate my webspace and a subdomain to this project, if we have no idea where to host it. I will try out some software to see what software I think will work best and report back.

Why don't you make a shirt with "MTA: Stop Playing With Yourself" written on it x]

Allowing people to buy MTA merchandise would give them something they can have outside of the internet. This is a good thing. Now the hard part: When people buy them, where does the money go? I'm pretty sure the MTA team will not accept any profits.

You'll have to figure out who makes the T-Shirts (would probably some on-line company that does custom text on shirts), how people will buy them (ebay? amazon? right off mtavc.com?) , and where the money goes (maybe back to the online T-Shirt company?) ..because having a MTA T-shirt would be cool 8)

...tell you what, if anyone wants a T-shirt, a select few of us (or just I) will create the designs or accept requests and create the T-shirts and ship them out if the demand is high enough, for a fee of course. ;)

PS - I'm making designs at the moment for my GIS class for T-shirts (high-res).