Public Beta Tests

Cited from the interview found at: http://www.gta-series.com/it/sanandreas ... terview_en

* Q: MTA has always had, both in Vice City and in MTA:SA:R, a maximum number of 32 players. Do you think there will be the possibility to increase this number in your next version?

* A: We are expecting the maximum number of players to be way higher than that. Our public beta tests will show us.

:o ....?????

By the way, that interview was done very well, it answered a lot of the questions that were stuck in the back of my head, good job MTA team, keep up the good work.

P.S: I can't wait... I'm getting restless.

-RaFFi

Still, they are being very vague IMO. They also mention in the interview that they are currently planning public tests/releases.

That's totally contradictory to what they have been saying all along:

you guys were saying that the tools were still to be finished + was time consuming + release/pub testing aren't coming anytime soon...)

Still, they are being very vague IMO. They also mention in the interview that they are currently planning public tests/releases.

you guys were saying that the tools were still to be finished + was time consuming + release/pub testing aren't coming anytime soon...)

It's also cold in africa

what 2 people interpret 'soon' as can be very different

If we aren't vague and get a detail wrong, some people won't be happy.

As for the time-scale on testing/releases, even if we do think its pretty close, it could change very quickly, its not very likely to at this point, but its possible.

My guess at a release date would probably satisfy most of you out there, thats pretty much the closest you'll get to an answer.

If we aren't vague and get a detail wrong, some people won't be happy.

As for the time-scale on testing/releases, even if we do think its pretty close, it could change very quickly, its not very likely to at this point, but its possible.

My guess at a release date would probably satisfy most of you out there, thats pretty much the closest you'll get to an answer.

adding on to this, there have been a few discussions of release strategies aswell and the outcome of this should be known in the near future

In their first interview about deathmatch, made Feb 2006, they stated that they were impressed with their progress and would hope to release the BETAs 'soon'. Lol - they're sasying the same thing 1 year later. No criticism though - I like the features they're adding. I'd prefer a bugfree release later compared to a buggy release earlier.

Why Not make a update central to it ? When a new update comes eks:

You are going in to Mta:DM. and when you have found a server to play on it comes! NEW update ready to download! When you have updated it will come a readme file. whits is showing what updates the Mta Team have done..

And have a lock afther update thing in the mta file! wher the game and all that is! like you are going on start. mta the it come Update central :) That culd have been wery good for the Mta team to reals it faster :P only a tips :P if it can be done, think on it!

You are going in to Mta:DM. and when you have found a server to play on it comes! NEW update ready to download! When you have updated it will come a readme file. whits is showing what updates the Mta Team have done..

And have a lock afther update thing in the mta file! wher the game and all that is! like you are going on start. mta the it come Update central :) That culd have been wery good for the Mta team to reals it faster :P only a tips :P if it can be done, think on it!

It's done nearly like it but not public

Something similar was used for MTAVC and GTA3:MTA. But it failed after 0.5, which meant no 0.5.5

So, you mean, like, it's almost finished, but just not finished enough to be released as public beta because it isn't actually finished but still it's finished???

*** :roll: ***

Well, if you say what you guys/we guys are up to, we will know and understand what the situation is.

Don't come give us BS in our mouths, because sooner or later (and yes, this problem is already here) people are getting mad because they want to know how it exactly is, and not the same "vague" words we heard for the 100th time.

(YES this may sound as bs/whining to you, but it's actually constructive criticism... and be happy, you can discuss, this ain't the 100th post of a 10 year old who wants to know "Whan teh hellz MTASA is goin' to be fackin' released yo yo!!!111")

So, you mean, like, it's almost finished, but just not finished enough to be released as public beta because it isn't actually finished but still it's finished???

*** :roll: ***

Well, if you say what you guys/we guys are up to, we will know and understand what the situation is.

Don't come give us BS in our mouths, because sooner or later (and yes, this problem is already here) people are getting mad because they want to know how it exactly is, and not the same "vague" words we heard for the 100th time.

(YES this may sound as bs/whining to you, but it's actually constructive criticism... and be happy, you can discuss, this ain't the 100th post of a 10 year old who wants to know "Whan teh hellz MTASA is goin' to be fackin' released yo yo!!!111")

he was on about the build process not that it is nearly finished

with reference to countdown...I don't think there should be one... you saw it happening with gta 4 trailer countdown> site down. I know we have to put this in perspective: sadly MTA isn't nearly as well known as gta4, but anyhow don't take the risk of overload by setting up a countdown...(the surprise will actually be much nicer when it finally comes unannounced)

with reference to countdown...I don't think there should be one... you saw it happening with gta 4 trailer countdown> site down. I know we have to put this in perspective: sadly MTA isn't nearly as well known as gta4, but anyhow don't take the risk of overload by setting up a countdown...(the surprise will actually be much nicer when it finally comes unannounced)

I believe it will have a list of mirrors. Look at race download page

• 3 weeks later...

I believe it will have a list of mirrors. Look at race download page

Ther may be much Mirrors, but everyone will rush to this site to find links to that mirrors :wink: