Discontinuation of Windows XP

frank_grimes

Today I have read a news article that Microsoft is going to stop selling Windows XP. Retiring an operating system that has been replaced might not seem like a bad idea. However, it is a terrible idea. Vista is not the kind of operating system I would want for my computer. Especially with current generation hardware. Vista slows down a computer and has a much higher video requirement than its XP counterpart. My friend told me that Vista is incredibly slow on a decent computer. Vista is not even worth upgrading to. I don't see why anyone would pay up to $400 for something that is basically an XP upgrade. Vista probably will not be compatible for drivers on old devices (your printer and other stuff like that will not work, as well as some games). Even though XP will still be supported for a few years, you will not be able to get it on a PC. I would recommend buying a few copies of XP while it is still being sold. This goes for Server 2003 (if you are a system administrator/own a business in case they decide to put in some sort of "feature" that forces you to upgrade all the computers on the network) as well because I am sure that Longhorn Server is going to do something to mess up any networks. I personally think that Microsoft should have taken a solid product (XP) and made it better instead of making it worse. I will try to avoid Vista as long as I can.

The full article about Microsoft discontinuing Windows XP can be found here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6551429.stm

• 3 weeks later...

Vista is a flimsy cunt wisp. -.-' I'll stick with my pirated XP for now..

^ The hell? Don't edit my post and make me look like someone paying $200 for shitty microsoft products. It's pirated and I'm proud, god damnit. :|

Edited by Guest
I don't see why anyone would pay up to $400 for something that is basically an XP upgrade.

I don't see why they would keep selling an old OS for $300 when they can get $400 for the new one :P

btw i just made $300 up, don't quote me on that one ;)

i could get windows vista or any other microsoft program for free legally over my university so i'm not watching the prices much. i'm staying with XP until i buy a new computer which should happen around the time GTA 4 comes out for PCs.

im sticking with my xp till im literaly forced to vista out of my need to play crysis and other dx10 games, until then ill be just fine without and magical flipping windows and osx tiger knockoff stuff on my pc,

oh i by the way XP only cost 100 dollars on some site now, its going down in price, so i dunno where u got 300 :P even as an estimate

I don't see why anyone would pay up to $400 for something that is basically an XP upgrade.

I dont see why you should pay $400 for a XP DOWNGRADE! i am never switching to a operating system that Pourposeley downgrades the video output of DVI sockets, and Makes the SPDIF socket almost worthless.