I will stick with MTA when GTA 4 Comes Out

The biggest problem for MTA (technical issues aside) is the fact that if GTA IV offers multiplayer out of the box, most people won't go looking for an alternative.

The Multi Theft Auto team could always decide to improve San Andreas if GTA IV really does have good multiplayer. If you look at the features that they have already implemented that no one really thought of before (things like resources) I am sure that even after Deathmatch is released they could still find a way to make it an even better modification (even though it is already way above any other attempts for multiplayer in GTA that I have seen). You bring up a good point, though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dudes, so what if GTA 4 is coming, that does not mean that everyone will suddenly stop playing MTA:DM. What if it's not as good? This is just like Counter-Strike. There are still more players in 1.6 than in Source (it can change now though, after valve shitheads added advertisements in 1.6). But still not all people like changes.

If that ever changed, I might go back to VC, which IMO owns SA any day of the week. :roll:

It's a matter of whether you want to be killed by some idiot jumping around with a shotgun, or by some idiot running around you in circles with dual weapons.

Take your pick.

At least the stubby took skill to master. It wasn't just "run around and point and hope for the best"

Stubby was an art, a skill.

Dual tec9's arent. Hence.. My appreciation for VC. :roll:

They're both just as stupidly overpowered and lame. Stubby shotgunning was never skill. It was a matter of who lagged less a lot of the time.

I hope it wipes its ass on SA:MP. I went on their IRC chat yesterday and I was being friendly and describing how much MTA rules and all the new features it would have. Unfortunately they don't appreciate custom modelling there, apparently 'who would want that?' Try telling that to the huge mod community that SA:MP is part of, you huge retards. Custom modelling is amazing and a feature where they can inject it through the servers makes me moist. Who doesn't want custom vehicles and wheels? Who doesn't want to nuke an annoying player out of the sky? When MTA is released I hope SA:MP becomes a desertland. They released a BETA and then took it down after two days for crying out loud. Morons. Morons.

If we come back to topic then i will say that MTA team and MTA players don't have to worry about GTA IV. It will be released firstly xBox and PS3 but nobody knows when (If it comes at all.) it comes to PC. VC is also history but MTA:VC is quite popular at nowadays also. So I think GTA 4 isn't problem for MTA and I'm sure there's gonna be GTA 4 MTA :P

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I really hope there will be a PC version of GTA4, no matter how demanding. I won't ever by myself a console and I will never even bother to understand using joysticks as long as I posses a mouse and keyboard :roll: . So I guess MTA will be a good solution in case I won't be able to play the new GTA.

I'm sure there's gonna be GTA 4 MTA :P

nah, why add multiplayer to a multiplayer game? and if so, it would be ENTIRELY different than what the developers are used to (the GTA III Engine) and would kind of be a difficult change for the team, but anyway back on topic, yeah GTA IV will indeed take the attention span of many many MTA players, however, thats like a de-n00bifier because the people who only have a single train of thought and cant think of possibly playing TWO games on the same day, those are n00bs who shouldnt be around Minge'ing up our servers for DM so, really, let them stick on GTA IV for a while, so we can get more fun from DM :D

I hope it wipes its ass on SA:MP. I went on their IRC chat yesterday and I was being friendly and describing how much MTA rules and all the new features it would have. Unfortunately they don't appreciate custom modelling there, apparently 'who would want that?' Try telling that to the huge mod community that SA:MP is part of, you huge retards. Custom modelling is amazing and a feature where they can inject it through the servers makes me moist. Who doesn't want custom vehicles and wheels? Who doesn't want to nuke an annoying player out of the sky? When MTA is released I hope SA:MP becomes a desertland. They released a BETA and then took it down after two days for crying out loud. Morons. Morons.

Dude, you're the moron for not knowing what a Public Beta Test is. :roll:

Back on topic please (i.e. sticking with MTA when GTA 4 comes out, which has nothing to do with SA-MP).

Everyone seems to think that 1) there will be a PC version and 2) that it will have multiplayer, when none of these have been confirmed (at least to my knowledge. If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me).

Remember that the PS2 version of SA has multiplayer but this did not make it to the PC. Also recall that the PC version took nearly a year to come out after the PS2 version.

I'm pretty sure there will be a PC version of GTA 4 even though it hasn't been confirmed (the question is when), but I'm not so sure about multiplayer. People say this every single time a new GTA game is announced but it has yet to happen. But of course it could.

No PC version has been confirmed, but it's not just for PS3, not only that but it's also coming for 360 at the exact same time as PS3 and will have exclusive content via Xbox Live.

Multiplayer has been announced but they're not going for a large number, there'll probably be some deathmatch type gamemodes or perhaps co-op, nothing has been announced on what multiplayer modes are, only that there will be multiplayer and that there won't be a big number of players.

They haven't mentioned PC at all, if it does come, it'll be a long wait.

Oh and for the original poster, do some research, stuff with saying you need a PS3 for it when it'll be on 360 too and also saying PC hardware isn't as powerfull, yours maybe, but PCs are capable of whooping the consoles asses in terms of graphics, the PS3 really isn't that powerfull, it was just Sony and everyone exhadurating.

It annoys me when people think the PS3 is ultra powerfull, it's just as powerfull as the 360, multiplatform games actually look WORSE on the PS3 because it's hard to develop for and again, PCs are way ahead.

People have said all kinds of shit about the PS3 which isn't true, "8 processors" bullshit, 1, single core processor with 8 (7 available to developers) SPEs, they can assign those to different tasks efficiently, but the processor is 3.2GHz, the 360 has a tri-core processor, developers can assign each core to a task efficiently, but each core runs at 3.2GHz.

Technically the 360's processor is more powerfull, but the PS3 can be used more efficiently, though developers are having a hard time doing it.

I can only assume the PS3 is so popular because of all these myths that it's a really powerfull machine that blows everything out of the water,it really isn't. It's not a bad console at all (if it had some exclusive games I find interesting I'd get one), but it's nowhere near what alot of people think it is.

I guess Sony is really good at brainwashing.

Yeah, multiple cores are only good if there are apps that can take advantage of them.

I'm personally not too excited by either the Xbox 360 or PS3. My colleague has a Wii and whilst it doesn't have the games library of the others or the graphics, it's so damn fun. I would love to see a Wii version of GTA but it would never happen. Rockstar would get so many lawsuits due to the physical nature of the console.

Yeah, multiple cores are only good if there are apps that can take advantage of them.

I'm personally not too excited by either the Xbox 360 or PS3. My colleague has a Wii and whilst it doesn't have the games library of the others or the graphics, it's so damn fun. I would love to see a Wii version of GTA but it would never happen. Rockstar would get so many lawsuits due to the physical nature of the console.

THOUGHT POLICE@@!@#@!11oneoneone

You're UNDER ARREST! FOR THINKING ABOUT DIGITALLY MIMICKING REAL LIFE CRIMES!

@@@@!!!!111oneoneoneoneoeneoneoneoneeoneonene

... Seriously, some of this stuff is total bullshit. People are responsible for their actions, no matter what caused them to think up doing them. I mean, really, what if Stalin had nuked the US during the cold war, because he wanted to mimic a cartoon he had read? Would we be suing the cartoon maker for putting the thought in his head?

Seriously, what a ton of bullshit. :|

Let's not turn this thread into a console war.

About the multiplayer, I think it's much more likely to come to PC this time since it seems like it will be a proper online game, not a dual controller offline thing like in San Andreas.