I will stick with MTA when GTA 4 Comes Out

Personally, I am going to stick with Multi Theft Auto when Grand Theft Auto 4 comes out. I do not plan on buying a Playstation 3 because I can't afford it and to be quite honest, I don't really want one. It is possible that Grand Theft Auto 4 will not be available for current generation PC hardware, so I would not be able to use it. I am sure there are others that will not be able to upgrade just to get GTA 4, if it even comes out for the PC at all. MTA has also added features to the game other than multiplayer that really are something, such as the new resource system. Another benefit to MTA verses Grand Theft Auto 4 played online is scripting. MTA allows server administrators to create a unique gameplay mode for their users. I do not think that any game for the Playstation will ever be able to boast such a thing. Not only that, but I think that people forget to realize that MTA is not ran by a company. It is ran by people who have other jobs. I don't think it's fair to ask them to spend every waking moment developing a game that they give you for free, especially considering many users are never satisfied. Also, people WILL support MTA after deathmatch is released. I couldn't just ignore it after all the videos I have seen. I think everyone else who is going to stick with MTA should post a reply here to show the developers some support.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would do the same, because when it's out it will be purchased and out of stock on 1 single hour, so I'll stay with MTA and waits to it get to PC, because it's not worth to go down in a shop buying a PS 3 just to play GTA IV then I would rather wait to it comes for PC, to be honest. I can't agree with you more.

This is stupid!!! When GTA IV comes it will be played and put away!!! But mta is doing a great job fixing and getting mta:sa DM ready for development!! i am gonna stick to mta what ever my friend is saying! i like cs but i can play that all time! so i will play mta... and maybe sombody be wery proud over the mta team!! if i was an admin i will have been wery glad! lol i dont understand you peoples why do you stop playing mta when GTA IV is comming!?

Becuse of the game and grafics? isnt it:?: lol if i did have ps3 so wuld i have buyed GTA IV and play that sometimes and then play mta: DM sometimes! :) we must hope it comes before GTA IV! mta have jobed on it in years! so dont stop playing it!

Edited by Guest
I did not stop playing mta:vc when gta:sa was released and i don't think lots here will stop playing mta:sa when gtaIV is released

I stopped playing MTA:VC because all the decent people in the community left. All that remains of that great VC community is a bunch of arrogant adolescent assholes with "I fucked your (insert family member here) last night" wisecracks.

If that ever changed, I might go back to VC, which IMO owns SA any day of the week. :roll:

I'll be playing MTA:SA for a long time! Even when I do get a PS3 an GTA4 I'll play MTASA on the side, it will have much more replayability than GTA4 anyway. As for MTA:VC I played it a bit when it was already the final version with a few friends, then they stopped playing and I started waiting for MTA SA race, and here I am checking this site everyday for updates :P.

This is stupid!!! When GTA IV comes it will be played and put away!!! But mta is doing a great job fixing and getting mta:sa DM ready for development!! i am gonna stick to mta what ever my friend is saying! i like cs but i can play that all time! so i will play mta... and maybe sombody be wery proud over the mta team!! if i was an admin i will have been wery glad! lol i dont understand you peoples why do you stop playing mta when GTA IV is comming!?

Becuse of the game and grafics? isnt it:?: lol if i did have ps3 so wuld i have buyed GTA IV and play that sometimes and then play mta: DM sometimes! :) we must hope it comes before GTA IV! mta have jobed on it in years! so dont stop playing it!

I completely agree with you as far as GTA IV being put on the shelf after about a month. To be completely honest, I got bored with San Andreas after I beat single player a couple of times. Random rampages are only fun for so long. Multiplayer for GTA really extends the life of the product. Everyone who thinks GTA IV is going to replace MTA need to realize that it is impossible for graphics and new features could possibly replace game play that comes from the intelligence of humans versus artificial intelligence. I also can't believe that Rockstar is going to remove flying vehicles from the game. Everybody knows that planes as a major form of transport (yes, I know that Vice City had helicopters and the DoDo) are one of the things that set San Andreas apart.

If that ever changed, I might go back to VC, which IMO owns SA any day of the week. :roll:

It's a matter of whether you want to be killed by some idiot jumping around with a shotgun, or by some idiot running around you in circles with dual weapons.

Take your pick.

At least the stubby took skill to master. It wasn't just "run around and point and hope for the best"

Stubby was an art, a skill.

Dual tec9's arent. Hence.. My appreciation for VC. :roll:

two things being missed here. There's online in GTA IV and it is also on the 360 (i dont like the 360, im going to get a ps3, but I'm saying, the choice is there). And its on a console so you'll get console online play not scriptly pc play. That may mean less creativity (if the rockstar team isnt creative (which they are)) but wayy less cheaters.

I think I'll play whatever game tickles my fancy for whatever amount of time. Be that MTA or GTA IV or something else (MGS 4! :o)

I agree that Rockstar multiplayer would be completely different to the point where I rather use something Multi Theft Auto. However, I think that the MTA team would have a whole new challenge ahead of them if GTA IV comes to the PC and they decide to work on it. I have heard that things aren't scripted anymore and are randomly generated. I am not quite sure if they could ever sync randomly generated events from everyone's client. If there is no Multi Theft Auto:IV there will be no Frank Grimes playing GTA IV online.

I presume you all mean when GTAIV is released on CONSOLES!

What if it's released on PC + it has superb multiplayer content (there are some facts that they're seriously working on MP!).

Well, I don't know. IF it's even released by then... but I'm certainly going to test MTA... (at the end 2008, when on it's releaseday)

I presume you all mean when GTAIV is released on CONSOLES!

What if it's released on PC + it has superb multiplayer content (there are some facts that they're seriously working on MP!).

Well, I don't know. IF it's even released by then... but I'm certainly going to test MTA... (at the end 2008, when on it's releaseday)

MP is confirmed, and I'm sure it will be on the PC version as well. But the PC version won't come out until several months after the consoles.