Long time coming, a new beginning

As we all know the GTA team are working wonders and they really have done us proud over the years.I for one cant wait for the new multiplayer experience in SA.But if the team dont produce some soon( within 6 months) then im afraid alot of people might just lose interest, due to the new GTA 4 thats coming out that has FULL multiplayer. Here is whats coming to PC,PS2,PS3 and XB360 in the next 6 months :

New details for Grand Theft Auto IV have spilled their way onto the Internet, expanding on what we can expect when the game launches on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this October.

The game will be as significantly different as GTA III was to the previous top-down crime capers, Rockstar founder Dan Houser told Game Informer, and will offer much wider choice and freedom to the player.

Advertisement

As we already know from the trailer, GTA IV will take place in Liberty City (New York) in 2007, and will revolve around an Eastern European fellow. This chap, the main character, is Niko Bellic - an immigrant in search of the "American Dream".

His cousin Roman persuaded him to make the move by boasting a life of luxury, but it eventually turns out he was using this as a cover to hide his own failures. He'll be your only contact until you can find your feet, and ultimately carve out your own destiny.

One of the biggest differences in the new game will be the way you interact with other people. In previous iterations you've been at the beck and call of others, picking up your phone to receive orders. But this time around you'll be able to dial out, calling people to arrange rendezvouses and correlate your own plans. There will still be an element of following someone else's game plan, but the freedom of choice is something Rockstar is proudly standing by.

In GTA IV, four of the five boroughs of New York have been recreated for you to explore, as well as parts of New Jersey. Broker is the equivalent of Brooklyn, Manhattan is now Algonquin, Queens becomes Dukes, the Bronx is Brohan, and New Jersey transforms into Alderney.

While that doesn't give the fourth game the largest geographical playing field in the series, the level of detail and freedom should apparently more than make up for it.

We've already seen the impressive lighting effects, sumptuous skyline, and next-gen sheen from the trailer. What is less evident is the vastly enhanced AI, where NPCs will walk and talk much more convincingly, going about their daily routines around you. And apparently the game will only look better as we get closer to launch.

As with other games you can expect voice acting and an impressive array of radio stations to choose from while you're joyriding in Liberty City. However, it's unlikely we'll see Hollywood actors in the lead roles in this game, as Rockstar is making an effort to choose less well-known talent, both for voices and for the track listing.

Multiplayer is also going to be included this time around, but it isn't going to be an MMORPG. It's going to be something separate to the single-player experience that will be fun, interesting, and progressive.

Lets hope the MTA team work fast and hard to get us what we have all been waiting for.

GTA4 looks good and all and It will have multiplayer which should be decent/good, but I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as MTASA:DM. I mean I can expect a few gamemodes and maps etc.... But MTASA:DM will have almost endless possibility thanks to the Scripting, Resources, etc...

lol, i love how everyone hears all of this different info, often contradicting info from 'reliable' sources, and killerdog, of course rockstar's own multiplayer would be smoother, if not better because they have the source code of gta to go at

hey Brophy, no need to get all defensive dude, im on your side.Im just replying to the reply , and this info came from one of the game designers, so i know its real.Time will prove what ive written here is true.And i happen to think the mta team will produce something that we all want, rather than the gta 4 team producing a 16 or 32 multiplayer kill-fest.

Ya your "reliable source" is probably a reliable source of crack too, isn't he? :P

GTA IV will never ever be on PS2, I dont know where that idea ever came from... and it won't be on PC for at least the 8-12 months after its release on consoles like all the other GTA games.

Ya your "reliable source" is probably a reliable source of crack too, isn't he? :P

GTA IV will never ever be on PS2, I dont know where that idea ever came from... and it won't be on PC for at least the 8-12 months after its release on consoles like all the other GTA games.

the 8-12 months thing was a contract that r* had with sony to not release it on any other platform till atleast a certain length of time ( can't remember the exact time ) but that contract ran out just after the release of sa

GTA is the type of franchise that can make people buy a console, and if that's the case then I think it's logical to assume that's what Sony and Microsoft ask Rockstar for. You could think of a later PC release as a "money squeeze" that is there to get every single dollar out of the game, but I don't think that's why they wait so long to release on PC.

It just makes sense that they would try to get as many people to play the game on consoles, instead of just waiting for PC version.

Erock, i rmember people saying that gta of any kind couldnt come out on a mobile phone, now i have been play gta 1 and gta2 on my mobile for over a year, so dont tell me that it cant come out on ps2, becauase i know that if Rockstar wanted too they can make it happen. Im pretty certain that the MTA will actually produce a much better deathmatch mode, and last but not least, GTA is out this November, xmas at the latest :)