MTA on Vista

Guest Ac1d

Question

I have just upgraded to windows vista and I have just found out that MTA doesnt work on it.

Will u guys make it available to play on windows vista

• Answers 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

How can you say that? Vista is the best thing they have ever made!

He can say that becuse it is new, so it haves MANY failurs! When DX 10 is comming it wold be cool! Than games can go good on it... But it have MANY failurs! When service pack 1 come we can beginn to talk! so long that isnt her we cant say Vista is something :P

But wait and se

Easy solution: use a dual boot system. Have XP on one partition with all your games on. Have Vista on the other and use it for everything else. That way you get the best of both worlds (or worst, in the case of Vista).

Or, even better, get a Mac (Vista is a poor-quality clone of OS X 10.4 Tiger), use that for everyday stuff and then fire up XP when you want to play a game. Or, even better than that, wait until the end of the year when Intel's new processor architecture is out that accelerates virtualisation, and you'll be able to play it via Parallels or VMWare within OS X.

But, Mac sucks. Its slow as hell.

Er... the new Mac Pro uses 2x 3GHz quad core chips (8 cores) that were developed exclusively for Apple. Intel is only supplying other manufacturers with 2.6GHz chips.

I think what you are referring to is the lower clock speeds of the old PowerPC processors. The PowerPC processors were more efficient than equivalent processors at the time so they could offer equal performance at a lower clock speed. That's a non-issue nowadays due to the Intel switch.

But, Mac sucks. Its slow as hell.

Er... the new Mac Pro uses 2x 3GHz quad core chips (8 cores) that were developed exclusively for Apple. Intel is only supplying other manufacturers with 2.6GHz chips.

I think what you are referring to is the lower clock speeds of the old PowerPC processors. The PowerPC processors were more efficient than equivalent processors at the time so they could offer equal performance at a lower clock speed. That's a non-issue nowadays due to the Intel switch.

Lol 3 GHz IS normal! i do have one only it is 2.99 :P lol dont come say intel is giving 2,6 to pc :S lol

It hasn't since they were made.

So you've used every single Mac and compared their performance? Or are you, as I suspect, pulling "facts" out of nowhere?

Anyway, regardless of that, I highly doubt there will be a Race update because DM is designed to replace it. It would probably be a lot of work to recode the anti-cheat to be Vista-compatible and it wouldn't be worth it if DM is going to replace it in the not-too-distant future. I hate to say this, but that's the price you pay for upgrading to a new OS early.

Well Vista isn't all that bad except for not being able to play MTA:Race. Thats about it actually.

Now will the DM version also be a racing one too?

No, but it includes scripting to allow people to customise the game. If a Race mode isn't included, I'm sure someone will make one.