MTA on Vista

Guest Ac1d

Question

I have just upgraded to windows vista and I have just found out that MTA doesnt work on it.

Will u guys make it available to play on windows vista

• Answers 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I would rather use Windows XP, because so many users of Vista have complained about most of the games get blocked and the users won't be able to play most of the games they purchase, I think Vista haves a very secure system, It won't even be able to install Anti-Virus programs and if wan't to install many of the things then you have to turn of so many things.

I'm not a Vista user, bu I've heard from many that it "sucks".

Well, it does. Plus, the if you have an old nVidia card, you might aswell forget it. I heard the drivers don't work to well.

Yeah I would stick with XP for gaming, and If I ever buy Vista, it won't be my primary OS, i'll have it second on dual boot

I would rather use Windows XP, because so many users of Vista have complained about most of the games get blocked and the users won't be able to play most of the games they purchase, I think Vista haves a very secure system, It won't even be able to install Anti-Virus programs and if wan't to install many of the things then you have to turn of so many things.

If you are going to make such a comment, then atleast USE THE FRAKKIN THING before you write any such comments.

I have a Core2 Duo E6300 at 2.33GHz with 1GB ram and a FX7600GT, the only noticeble difference on ULTIMATE EDITION of Vista is that it eats 100MB more ram than XP(yes i compared them). Yeah drivers aren't perfect yet but "most of the games get blocked and the users won't be able to play most of the games they purchase" is total BS, the only games i haven't been able to boot are ones from before 2000. Windows itself has a buildin AV, i didn't find ANY at all problems installing NOD32(thats my AV).

I don't understand why the MTA doesn't want to release RACE for Vista, using the search function of the forum with a string "Vista" i have learned this:

RACE doesn't work on vista because its anti-cheat module isn't designed for it, their internal version of RACE which has anti-cheat disabled works fine(i think that was said by eAi or error404). I don't suppose any one here will claim that disabling anti-cheat for RACE will make a difference since cheats and hacks are working perfectly fine as it is.

Now is it that hard to pack a new installer with this internal build OR one without anti-cheat? Will that take sooooooooo long that it will delay DM?

And again use the search function and check for yourself that what i have said is indeed written by devs/QA team.

If you are going to make such a comment, then atleast USE THE FRAKKIN THING before you write any such comments.

I have a Core2 Duo E6300 at 2.33GHz with 1GB ram and a FX7600GT, the only noticeble difference on ULTIMATE EDITION of Vista is that it eats 100MB more ram than XP(yes i compared them). Yeah drivers aren't perfect yet but "most of the games get blocked and the users won't be able to play most of the games they purchase" is total BS, the only games i haven't been able to boot are ones from before 2000. Windows itself has a buildin AV, i didn't find ANY at all problems installing NOD32(thats my AV).

I don't understand why the MTA doesn't want to release RACE for Vista, using the search function of the forum with a string "Vista" i have learned this:

RACE doesn't work on vista because its anti-cheat module isn't designed for it, their internal version of RACE which has anti-cheat disabled works fine(i think that was said by eAi or error404). I don't suppose any one here will claim that disabling anti-cheat for RACE will make a difference since cheats and hacks are working perfectly fine as it is.

Now is it that hard to pack a new installer with this internal build OR one without anti-cheat? Will that take sooooooooo long that it will delay DM?

And again use the search function and check for yourself that what i have said is indeed written by devs/QA team.

i'm pretty sure they said that DM works and not race when they tested it on vista without anti cheat, plus, afaik some of the race files were changed when DM was started so it isn't just rebuild it with a few changes, but i could be wrong

I'm not upgrading till the last possible second.

I wouldn't upgrade even iff bill gates offered me all his money (63 billion dollars or pounds whichever)

lol I'd upgrade :P just buy a new computer and XP, you can certainly buy a good computer with 63 billion even in those countries where 5 million equals 1 euro (63 billion would be € 12,600 (about US$ 16,300) then).

Anyway, I don't really have a choice... I bought a new computer (well actually my dad did), and it has Vista, I'm not going to install XP on it, probably going to gives thousands of problems... Luckily I can still use the old computer with XP on it.

I don't really dislike it though. It offers some good things so together with the bugs* that force me to restart my comp about every 5 hours, it isn't that bad.

* = All things in the taskbar jump to the left, and the start-menu isnt shown anymore, sometimes whatever is in a window isn't even shown anymore, so i have to type a shutdown command in the middle of (as far as visible) nowhere (-> in the invisible search thing, which is in the invisible start menu).

Hmmm My computer from Packard have Vista but i did say not to use it! i did use it in like 1 week! new comp :P

Whn i did i get MMAANNYY errors! like he over me had!

i tryed it on gta sa.. race! afther like 2 hours only playing it gives an error and i must delet it and install it agen!! :P so i did get my xp cd whits media center! so now i play and have fun when i wants to! AND ONE MORE THING! i played afther re install. so did this come! Error i click ok and it comes shuting down :S and it turns to the old windows classic and.. it stops! i cant play any more and can start... did get it on the repear :S cost me like 300$ :/ sick stuff.....

I only say wait and think what you are gonna use Vista to.. Then buy or wait!

Have Vista cd and the old Windows media center cd! i got whits comp :P

The reason that MTA:Race won't work on Vista is because of the way we encrypt the modules so they are harder to hack. It would be possible to recompile Race so it would work on Vista i believe, however much of the code base has changed since race was released and hence we would need to do quite a bit of work to even get Race compiling at the moment. I'm not exactly sure what the plan for this is in the future, but i'm sure a solution will be reached in time.

As for Vista itself, I personally don't use it, mainly because I have no real reason to install it at present, but i'm not going to tell people to use it or not use it, it's completely up to the users themselves.. BUT if you want to play MTA:Race then I would recommend using XP for now ;)